Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have to just say how happy I am to see so many other people jazzed up about the camper site.  When Patch first announced the planning of it, there was SO much negativity about it on (SL related) Facebook that I got a little discouraged and wondered if I was the only one looking forward to it.  Glad to see that's not the case.

I've owned a lot of mainland over the years and this little piece will be my fav by far. It will be nice having a neighborhood where people care about how things look outside of their own little space and where there's no chance of ugly buildings or giant twirling things popping up.  

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Layla Claven said:

I've been busy decorating my trailer in fortune teller theme. It's not permanent but anyone is quite welcome to go and have a look http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lake Tatakaka/174/44/37

The outside is still pretty bare but I have 93 prims left to play with.

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-c5JI70vdacRYC4R.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-HJfQHynaol.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-xP0uXVIa8RL5uOCb.jpg

Just visited - awsome decoration! Cosy atmosphere! 

But I saw that you have the same problem as my male alt has in Decker. Just south of your place the world ends! ;)

I guess there will be some land there in due time but WHEN? - I wish they would upload just flat lawn instead of these abysses

Campers_Abiss.jpg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

But I saw that you have the same problem as my male alt has in Decker. Just south of your place the world ends! ;)

I guess there will be some land there in due time but WHEN? - I wish they would upload just flat lawn instead of these abysses

One side of my Houseboat buts up against the end of the world, but with the right Windlights it looks great.   In the below post, is my view from the Houseboat.  Everything to the right of the buoy is really nothing, but it still looks lovely with the right settings. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One side of my Houseboat buts up against the end of the world, but with the right Windlights it looks great.   In the below post, is my view from the Houseboat.  Everything to the right of the buoy is really nothing, but it still looks lovely with the right settings. 

Your nothing looks like water whereas my nothing looks like a cut off edge - an abyss in which you could fall. I tried to walk into it but you cannot. (see photo above). Here's another one ..

image.thumb.jpeg.6c075a557c65eb5bd76b91559e0a87f6.jpeg

PS on my photos it also looks like water but in SL it looks really akward. Even water would be not right as it is a wood, whereas on your houseboat water as background is OK.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Layla Claven said:

@Leora Jacobus I only noticed that when I went exploring this afternoon. I find myself facing in the direction of the lake when I'm there so it doesn't really bother me. I'm sure it won't be long before something is placed there.

I hope you are right. I have two campers to choose from at present (two of my alts - Leora had the third but she abandoned it about an hour ago). I tend to like the one in Decker more (the other is in Wolfington) - just the abyss annoys me. I'll wait some days and do more testing and exploring.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I hope you are right. I have two campers to choose from at present (two of my alts - Leora had the third but she abandoned it about an hour ago). I tend to like the one in Decker more (the other is in Wolfington) - just the abyss annoys me. I'll wait some days and do more testing and exploring.

Over on SSP before it was all deleted your neighboring regions were all trailers with the railroad continuing. Unless the plan has changed it is "likely" that they will work on the trailers again soon as weekly releases and finish up that area.   Lani has a great spot (I think) in Wolfington) but not all are as nice.  You can also turn your trailer 180 degrees if that helps. 

• Like 4

I was on the edge of the world for ages. I hung on, and now I’m right smack in the middle of @Quartz MoleLake with an extraordinary view of the new trailer regions. I got to live the build as the lake was finished, and the lands and hills first appeared, and morphed into these new regions.

Living on the edge of the world is the best!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:
3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have you considered rezzing a trailer on top of your trailer? That’s called a “Redneck high-rise”.

It could even be allowed to stay up. Hmmmm.....

funny-novelty-shirt-redneck-luxary-highr

You are allowed 15 m in height.

/me anxiously awaits the upcoming double-decker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

So, this seems a good place to post pics of campers, rather than the home and garden. I've been decorating for hourrrrssss, but I am so digging all the beauty of the new area. I'm in nesting mode. I got the teeniest one, the Colorado, because it's just so cute, and also a bit easier to get a camper feel with it due to the size. And it's like a gypsy caravan!

Still have 60+ prims left, and I pretty much packed it, plus landscaping outside. I hope to see more of what others do!

campercaravan2.png

Campercaravan.png

where did you get the cute cabinets, i love that, and i didnt see this wall color lol

Edited by heartzwhim
  • Like 5

I have been eagerly awaiting for the release of the Campers/Trailers and they finally arrived.  So for our 13th SL and RL anniversary, we splurged and got us a trailer. I've had my eye on the tiny house version, called the Williamsburg.  I can't wait for creators to make some wall divider add-ons.  Meanwhile we did our own, but would love some mesh ones for lower LI to save precious prims.  Here is the result of playing around with our decorating.  I'm still waiting to get the small round sofa to put in the front room, but the creator has not added it to their store from the event I spotted it at, so the one I used will have to suffice until then. (PS:  To Creators, little camper/trailer kitchens and bath sets would be so fantastic! *hint hint*) (PSS: @Patch Linden could we get the textures for the Williamsburg trailer, too, please? 😍 )

691181729_WilliamsonburgTrailer1.thumb.png.9e4d66112233586c106e27d7afb37050.png

1939134710_WilliamsonburgTrailer2.thumb.png.8140029e52f96f97100a9d0b7da98df8.png

1390192619_WilliamsonburgTrailer3.thumb.png.e39872ef76e98f7cddad2bfb6e024d9c.png

46643522_WilliamsonburgTrailer4.thumb.png.cdc45dd4a5ccf2eeaffd464afd85db3e.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is an understatement for me! Hahaha. SO happy you were able to get one also. I knew they'd go a bit slower than the houseboats and traditionals, though I'm also not surprised that they are all sold out now. OH, for anyone interested in exploring the Lake Tatakaka area and all surrounds, I've put my car and horse rezzers out (and it's a Manji car, so easy to drive and control on these dirt roads, loads of fun!). Come explore! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lake Tatakaka/214/65/34

Hi Neighbor! Looks like I am across the lake from you. I cannot wait to ride a horse. I look forward to it. Thank you so much for sharing the fun.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

where did you get the cute cabinets, i love that, and i didnt see this wall color lol

cabinets are just home made prims with a drawer texture. 'Cause the first rule of tiny home living is lots of cabinets! The walls also, home made mesh shell I put my own texture on. Both very easy to do yourself!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

cabinets are just home made prims with a drawer texture. 'Cause the first rule of tiny home living is lots of cabinets! The walls also, home made mesh shell I put my own texture on. Both very easy to do yourself!

giggles, the cabinets i might pull off myself, i can't mesh a shell , blender terrifies me lol. Awesome work tho, I am very impressed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

@PrudenceAnton

I was wondering what you would do with this trailer.  Your hubby told me that you guys got one.  You certainly didn't disappoint that looks great!

Aw thank you.  Yeah, we debated whether to get a trailer or not and decided not to. Then they released them, we went to look and I gave him that sweet eye 🤩  ....and now we have a trailer! 

• Like 5

Just wanted to mention this, in case some of the new camper/trailer residents  have not noticed, the Sun Valley Camper has an adorable (hidden) deck extension on the house control panel.  We looked around our nearby neighbors, at all the campers, about 7 regions out and noticed no one was using this and wondered if perhaps they have not yet discovered it.

111610734_SunValleyCamper.thumb.png.34c578f913873ea2a88270352441c33e.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.