I need HELP!!!!

CarterTom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone, 
(linden labs in particulair....)

I am having a very nasty problems with residents that are openly griefing a sim in SL and uses my name, uses my profile information and also uses my twitch name and account to make me look bad.
Now normally i would say, i would file am abuse report, but thats not possible since i have so much information i need to share with LINDEN LABS. 

This person is deliberatly making me look bad, damaging my good reputation as a DJ in secondlife and also enters my REAL LIFE by using my twitch account, calling it a GRIEFERS STREAM for SL,
openly naming my so called ALTS, (and yes i have two accounts, but this person involves other people as well. people that i am closely connected to in SL)

I cannot contact LL by phone, since i am in the Netherlands and i cannot call to other countries.
Is there an email that i can use? 

I have a LOT of screenshots that i need to share, and i know this is against TOS, but i HAVE to protect myself and my real life work,
I am a DJ and music producer and i stream SL on twitch, this is majorly affecting my business as well as my REAL LIFE and my work in SL and on Twitch.
This has to stop!!!!   but i have no clue where to go or who to contact.

Is there anyone that can HELP me?
I would be so grateful.

Thankyou in  advance!
DJ Tom Carter
(Cartertom Resident)

11 answers to this question

You CAN make an international call, and it need not cost all that much...just use Skype.  Here is LL's Fraud Hotline: 800-860-6990.  However, this is mainly for cases of fraud...account theft, phishing, stolen $L, etc.

You CAN (and should!) file an abuse report about the person's griefing activities in SL.  Abuse reports are the basic way to communicate violations of the Terms of Service to Linden Lab.  You should file an AR each time the person violates the ToS.  Reference previous ARs, to help LL get a picture of continued harassment.

Linden Lab can't do anything about events that occur outside of Second Life.  If this person is affecting your real life and your other on line activities, contact the appropriate RL authorities.  In the USA, that would be the FBI; I'm not sure which would be the appropriate agency in the Netherlands.

• Like 2

No, you cannot submit a complaint by phone or e-mail.  You need to submit an Abuse Report. Include the most important information (times and places, names and specific actions that you believe violate the TOS), but don't speculate about motives or get into a rant about things.  Provide facts and be concise.

As a reminder, this is a public resident-to-resident forum.  We are residents like you, not Lindens.  Lindens may occasionally monitor things here, but will not deal with Abuse complaints or anything of a personal nature.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

@ Lindal Kidd:  yes but the problem is, that i cannot share the screenshots, that would get me banned. and these screenshots are my only proof of what this person is doing.
And they are IN secondlife, badgering other people using my name, my twitch account, my personal information etc etc. so its ALL happening in SecondLife and indirectly affects my real life. (work on twitch) 

@ Rolig: mhmm i know this. I was hoping by posting this that either LL would read it and reach out, or someone who could provide me with a contact adress (email) so i can send the 7 screenshots and profile screens to LindenLabs)  

I will not risk getting banned because i know sharing screenshots of private conversations is a bannable offence.
But is there nothing i can do? i just have to let this happen? 

Anyways ,.... thanks for the response. the more i know what to do, the better :)

No, you cannot be banned for sending screen shots to Linden Lab as part of an Abuse Report.  That's a perfectly acceptable form of evidence.  See the Community Standards :

Sharing personal information about other users, either directly or indirectly, without their consent—including, but not limited to, gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual orientation, alternate account names (including account statuses, such as whether it is on hold, suspended, or active), and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their user profile—is not allowed. Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited. 

Note also, from the Knowledge Base:

Screenshots can be very helpful visual evidence; include them whenever appropriate.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Yes, it's against the rules to share IM or chat logs with other residents (unless you have the permission of all the people involved)...but it is NOT forbidden to share them with LL when documenting an Abuse Report.

I will say that LL has told us "not to submit IM or chat logs" with an AR, but it's not because it's against the rules.  It's because such logs are very easy to edit, to make something look much worse than it really was.  Because of that, they don't count chat or IMs quoted by you in your AR as evidence.  BUT, they keep their own logs, and can use the time stamps on your quotes as a guide to find the "official" version of what was said.

This is why I continue to submit relevant excerpts of chat or IM with ARs.

mhmm this is wy i always make screenshots wth GYAZO.
I dont accept notecards or hear/say from people as they can be altered and made very damaging to other people.
So the only proof i accept is screenshots. thats the best proof you can get. Video even better :)

Thank you for the kind words, which in fact are also true. Maybe i should not worry about that at all and just hug all haters :)
Well youre not a hater but at least let me return the verbal hug :) Anyways, yeah you are correct. \o/ party  time!!

11 hours ago, CarterTom said:

This person is deliberatly making me look bad, damaging my good reputation as a DJ in secondlife and also enters my REAL LIFE by using my twitch account, calling it a GRIEFERS STREAM for SL,

If i love the music you play and if im a frequent guest at your club, i wouldnt care a lot about someone saying bad things about you. (Why should i care about someone telling me how many alts you have?)
Consider this as a verbal hug.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.