clothing for the standard SL body

Sorciaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A lot of stuff will be missed in an MP search simply because it was posted before mesh bodies came along and created the need to distinguish. I've never figured out a good way to find it but sometimes luck into it.

"Classic" and "system" are the primary terms. Sizes (XXS-XS-S-M-L-XL) are also intended for system bodies. Some creators made their own sizes and some used a set of conventions known as "standard sizing". The smaller standard sizing sizes work for me, but apparently the larger ones are a nightmare. Always demo, because at this point there are so many different ways of doing things it's hard to know what's what.

Sometimes sizes are fitmesh, often they're not. It's a way of making it so mesh clothing changes to the dimensions of your particular shape. It's a lot more math for the computers though. Non-fitmesh is easier on the servers but is limited in shape, though sometimes that's useful because it means you can adjust your shape as needed to work with the clothes. Just thought I'd mention this because, with mesh bodies and their clothes being fitmesh, it's sort of been forgotten about and you'll likely come across it in older clothing.

Some mesh clothing created for mesh bodies works on system bodies, especially if you can find an alpha layer to make the right parts of your system body transparent. Clothing made for Slink Physique is the most likely to (in my experience, might vary depending on avatar shape). Sometimes things made for Maitreya Lara will too, though the weighting or rigging around the legs complicates it for close fitting skirts and dresses. The more of your av's body is covered, the less of a problem it is cause you can just use an alpha layer or two (top and bottom) to make it transparent.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.