Double In-World Purchase

AkiaKoneko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey there.. 

I recently attended an event and made the mistake of purchasing an item twice due to the slow delivery and questioning if i had actually paid the first time, the transaction was really slow.

I went to the Caspervend page where I then seen the double purchase and contacted the Seller with the transaction information placed into a notecard. I received a IM today 

i send you 225 for your double purchasses thanks

However there is no record of a refund being sent. My question is asking if there is a way i can see if a refund was actually sent? 

The Transaction Notifications doesn't show anything from the seller.

Thanks for reading my question.

Akia Koneko.

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, AkiaKoneko said:

Hey there.. 

I recently attended an event and made the mistake of purchasing an item twice due to the slow delivery and questioning if i had actually paid the first time, the transaction was really slow.

I went to the Caspervend page where I then seen the double purchase and contacted the Seller with the transaction information placed into a notecard. I received a IM today 

However there is no record of a refund being sent. My question is asking if there is a way i can see if a refund was actually sent? 

The Transaction Notifications doesn't show anything from the seller.

Thanks for reading my question.

Akia Koneko.

what do you see from your dashboard https://secondlife.com/my/?lang=en-US  

Log in there and go to Account - L$ Transaction History and you will be able to see if the merchant has refunded yet

It's always possible they replied to you via offline email and hasn't yet logged in to do it.  How long have you been waiting?

It's possible, though unlikely, that the seller sent the refund to the wrong person.  Even more unlikely, that they did not actually send the refund but only said they did.

However, my recommendation would be to put these (remote!) possibilities out of your mind.  It is not worth the $L225 to make an enemy, and asking after your refund again would be pretty much guaranteed to do that.

The seller has done (or says she has done) more than is required of her.

Besides...it's much more likely that Cindy's suggestions are the culprit.

I think I'd wait a little while to see what happens.  The seller's message said

10 hours ago, AkiaKoneko said:

i send you 225 for your double purchasses thanks

which suggests that English is not her mother language. You are interpreting the message to mean that she has already sent the refund.  It's just as possible that she means, "I will send you L$225 ... ".

Edited by Rolig Loon

Thanks for the suggestion here however no action was taken by the seller to fix a simple error on my part so I guess this just means a lesson learned as a consumer. Thank you to all those businesses out there that do correct these little mistakes, it really does create positive word of mouth. 

X

3 hours ago, AkiaKoneko said:

Thanks for the suggestion here however no action was taken by the seller to fix a simple error on my part so I guess this just means a lesson learned as a consumer. Thank you to all those businesses out there that do correct these little mistakes, it really does create positive word of mouth. 

X

Thats a shame.  I am sorry you didn't get a refund.  My partner generally picks up a double purchase straight away and refunds.  There was only time he was away for 3 weeks and the customer contacted me about it.  Having no access to his records I just had to trust the customer wasn't lying (I did get screen shots of her transactions though) and refunded her myself and my partner gave it back to me when he returned.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.