I've been interested in family for a while now maybe getting adopted as someone's sister or daughter.

But I guess since I look mature, they'd asked me to get married instead 😂

Is there a good LM to actually meet people genuinely into getting to know someone instead of ''WanNa sEx?''

89opHEV.png

Edited by tucksim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, it depends on what kind of person/people you're looking for. There's tons of threads on these forums with the same question, it's a bit repetitive to answer the same thing to all of them for anyone in the know - I suggest you look through the past threads for answers for starters, and ask for specifics if any turn up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tucksim said:

Is there a good LM to actually meet people genuinely into getting to know someone instead of ''WanNa sEx?''

If I knew I would surely tell you. 
I can give some stock answers like finding groups that interest you or looking for discussions in Search but I really don't use those.  Also -- and maybe this is just my perception from my tiny slice of SL -- there don't seem to be many men around any more.  Then again I don't go looking for them either.  I am happy with my partner.  I do know a couple of Femdom places where you can meet men but that's not what you seem to be after.

I might suggest looking for a Daddy Dom.  Someone to let you not have to be a grown up and still play.  There again I don't have a clue where to look.  Oh sure, you can use in world search for groups and take your chances ... 

Sorry, I don't seem to be much help.  All I can do is say I hope you find the right people.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

[ ... ] there don't seem to be many men around any more.

We're like unicorns!

... ... And no, that wasn't intended as-- That.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

We're like unicorns!

... ... And no, that wasn't intended as-- That.

Speak for yourself ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I've often wondered why doesn't SL have anything for slingles.  Something for seriously looking slingles to mingle, have fun and get to know each other rather than just the collaring and/or other adult stuff.

Maybe she doesn't want the collaring which seems to be the most popular.

And, I can understand that.

I wouldn't want a collar put on me either and there should be no shame in not wanting a collar.  

Maybe she wants someone to talk to her and hold her, not own her and order her around.  

Women want to be admired for their beauty but they want a man to see inside them too.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

I've often wondered why doesn't SL have anything for slingles.

You mean, aside from the truck-ton of stuff there is?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You mean, aside from the truck-ton of stuff there is?

K...like what...you mean dating services?

There is mingling stuff but I do not know of any that say for seriously looking singles other than dating services.

She's asking for lm's in the OP...so like what for a date not slex as she's asking in the OP?  

Edit:  And, that's not to she's shes never looking for slex as I don't want to put words in her mouth.

But I kind of know what she means, she wants a date rather than "do you want to come to my place" kind of thing after talking for five minutes.  Which was my first date in SL and in ten minutes or less of knowing each other, he was all over me.  I teleported out and eventually blocked him. 

One thing I can say that might be helpful is to put in your profile what you want and what you don't want when beginning to "date" in SL.   

Edited by FairreLilette

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

K...like what...you mean dating services?

There is mingling stuff but I do not know of any that say for seriously looking singles other than dating services.

She's asking for lm's in the OP...so like what for a date not slex as she's asking in the OP?  

Dating services among other things; there are multitudes of options in SL.

I mean, this question pops up usually several times each week, "how/where do I get a family/partner/date/friend/sugardaddy?!" - no one ever seem to bother with reading through any of the multitudes of previous threads on the exact same topic from within hours ago to see what was answered then. How seriously should we take the OP's inquiry, when we just saw her other thread and how unsure she seems to be about what she's actually looking for? If one were to adopt her, would one end up with a lovesick teen who's constantly brokenhearted because her twelfth date this week wasn't 'Mr. Right' either? If one were to date her, will one end up having yet another clingy, insecure wannabe-babygirl who wants you to treat her as an equal but also wants you to give her permission to sit up late in her unicorn onesie and eat sugary cereal?

We can throw as many questions, suggestions and labels at her as we want; if she doesn't know what she wants, it'll all be pointless. If one wants to be in a healthy relationship, knowing what you want and being able to communicate it is pretty much 'serious searching/dating 101'. It then also becomes very easy to find with a simple in-world search.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Dating services among other things; there are multitudes of options in SL.

I mean, this question pops up usually several times each week, "how/where do I get a family/partner/date/friend/sugardaddy?!" - no one ever seem to bother with reading through any of the multitudes of previous threads on the exact same topic from within hours ago to see what was answered then. How seriously should we take the OP's inquiry, when we just saw her other thread and how unsure she seems to be about what she's actually looking for? If one were to adopt her, would one end up with a lovesick teen who's constantly brokenhearted because her twelfth date this week wasn't 'Mr. Right' either? If one were to date her, will one end up having yet another clingy, insecure wannabe-babygirl who wants you to treat her as an equal but also wants you to give her permission to sit up late in her unicorn onesie and eat sugary cereal?

We can throw as many questions, suggestions and labels at her as we want; if she doesn't know what she wants, it'll all be pointless. If one wants to be in a healthy relationship, knowing what you want and being able to communicate it is pretty much 'serious searching/dating 101'. It then also becomes very easy to find with a simple in-world search.

Yeah, I edited my post was you were writing.  

I suggested she needs to put in her profile what she wants and does not want from a SL "date".

Though you gotta know a lot of guys don't do the date thing...it's just a "do you want to come to my place?" kind of thing.

I've personally got the offer to come to my place more than anything else really except for one guy.

Also, there was a guy in the other thread who suggested she IM him inworld.  

I think she should have because I thought his message was kind of sweet and I thought it nice of him.  

5 hours ago, tucksim said:

I've been interested in family for a while now maybe getting adopted as someone's sister or daughter.

But I guess since I look mature, they'd asked me to get married instead 😂

89opHEV.png

Okay, after thinking about it...Etosha is a nice crowd...I've always enjoyed my stay at Etosha.

And, no avatar has ever been pushy to me because there are a bazillion co-owners who can eject avatars and even ban them so everyone seems very nice.

I'd suggest putting what you want in your profile and trying Etosha.

I will send you the landmark.  

Dress is just dress nicely but doesn't have to be formal.  No showing body parts clothing though I think is one of their rules.

Talk to the one of the co-owners there, they may even know someone they can set you up with.  

• Thanks 1

I always find girls who are compatible but not available on my  time.   I wish there were single clubs that weren’t sex clubs or nude beaches to mix it up with singles.   There is a ton of romantic places to take a first date though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I've often wondered why doesn't SL have anything for slingles.  Something for seriously looking slingles to mingle, have fun and get to know each other rather than just the collaring and/or other adult stuff.

Maybe she doesn't want the collaring which seems to be the most popular.

And, I can understand that.

I wouldn't want a collar put on me either and there should be no shame in not wanting a collar.  

Maybe she wants someone to talk to her and hold her, not own her and order her around.  

Women want to be admired for their beauty but they want a man to see inside them too.  

EXACTLY!!   And.. i want to like the man im with. I dont like ppl that want to toss me around and dom me. I  know peeps are into that, but I'm not. I'm kinky. but I dint do LIFESTYLES. i would love to find a man to share SL with. Someone that keeps his word, actally talks...has his own opinions but can compromise.. is at least 40... wants a family RP and wants soemone to love him in SL.. to know thats there waiting for him in world... a safe space.. and he doesnt need to collar me to get.  I just dont see... aside from hours compatibility.. why  its so hard to find someone half way decent.

message me here.. in world.. what ever.. what im looking for is in my picks with more in depth  info.

• Like 1

Maybe break the traditional “club” cycle to meet people; pick an SL group on a topic that interests you and meet people there?

I tend to meet more compatible SL people in areas not specifically part of the hookup circuit 🙂

• Like 4

Hi Tucksim,

you are into the family thing, or are you simply looking for guys,  interested to get to know you, without having sex in mind?

The term "date" actually leaves sex as an option...eventually.

/me looks confused

What typically helps to make friends, or even dates is finding out what activity you really like, join relevant groups and socialize. Guess you have heard that before, but it really does work. I find that the typicall romantic dating places evolved into more the "lets go to my place pick up places" nowadays. Nothing wrong with that, but obviously not your intention.

What are your slobbies? Mine are sailing and flying planes. I have met cool people in those realms (without sleeping with them).

If you wann try that give me a call and I introduce you.

Edited by carolinestravels

10 hours ago, unicorn123456788 said:

EXACTLY!!   And.. i want to like the man im with. I dont like ppl that want to toss me around and dom me. I  know peeps are into that, but I'm not. I'm kinky. but I dint do LIFESTYLES. i would love to find a man to share SL with. Someone that keeps his word, actally talks...has his own opinions but can compromise.. is at least 40... wants a family RP and wants soemone to love him in SL.. to know thats there waiting for him in world... a safe space.. and he doesnt need to collar me to get.  I just dont see... aside from hours compatibility.. why  its so hard to find someone half way decent.

message me here.. in world.. what ever.. what im looking for is in my picks with more in depth  info.

Here's the problem.. They man you are looking for in SL, the one that wants all that type of life.. Already has that in RL. Why would they want it in SL as well? Most come here to have a second life, not a repeat of the first. 

@tucksim What exactly are you looking for? If you are looking for daughter/sister RP then the dating thing isn't what you want.. Or is it? Is it adult sister/daughter RP you are looking for? Or do you just want some platonic company in SL? I'm usually on my sim, but i do wander SL. Just open the map and tp at random. 

Why cant a date be at someones home without it turning into sex? I have people over all the time to watch movies and just hang out.  We arent all sex crazed males..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Here's the problem.. They man you are looking for in SL, the one that wants all that type of life.. Already has that in RL. Why would they want it in SL as well? Most come here to have a second life, not a repeat of the first. 

@tucksim

Why cant a date be at someones home without it turning into sex? I have people over all the time to watch movies and just hang out.  We arent all sex crazed males..

For once I agree with Drake,  I have a child in RL I am not looking for Family RP in SL.  I am not a sex crazed male and like dates that don't turn into sex.  To be honest, I like sex rp but roleplaying a date at Bella’s Bistro or the Seaside Restaurant in SL can be fun 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ballparkdogg said:

For once I agree with Drake,  I have a child in RL I am not looking for Family RP in SL.  I am not a sex crazed male and like dates that don't turn into sex.  To be honest, I like sex rp but roleplaying a date at Bella’s Bistro or the Seaside Restaurant in SL can be fun 

Well don't i feel honoured... 

14 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

You are not going to find a perfect match

I'm usually the cynical one telling people they're being too dreamy or irrational - but that's just depressive. Of course you can find a perfect match; but to do so, you need to know what you're looking for. And by perfect, I don't mean there's a young, handsome billionaire who wants nothing but to fulfill your every impulsive desire out there for everyone that'll give you a Disney style happily ever after, but a person with whom you can create a happy, healthy relationship with.

"Compromising" is too easily thrown around as if it was a negative thing, a necessary sacrifice that will take the edge off of your dreams, hold you back from true happiness, and enslave you in an imperfect relationship. That's just being self-centered, ignorant and entitled; and if you think of happiness as a one-dimensional route which can't in any way be bent, well, then it's not a partner you need, but a psychiatrist.

If you can't find someone who you think can make you happy, it's probably not that "there's no one in the world up for the task", it's more likely an issue of you needing to work a bit on yourself.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, unicorn123456788 said:

Sorry, Dmitri is already taken both in SL and RL. He is mine. I am his. We are pack.

3 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

So you're saying that you only roleplay at dating and aren't serious about a relationship of any kind? No wonder you have had such a difficult time of it. It puts you on the receiving end without having to give. For most women, that is a huge red flag. Now that you know, you can do something about it and hopefully do the right thing.

10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

So you're saying that you only roleplay at dating and aren't serious about a relationship of any kind? No wonder you have had such a difficult time of it. It puts you on the receiving end without having to give. For most women, that is a huge red flag. Now that you know, you can do something about it and hopefully do the right thing.

You are very judgy here... Jeez i guess people can't RP dates in your world. Who said he wasn't serious about relationships? And if he isn't, why do you feel the need to attack him over it? His world, his imagination. Good lord. I dont' want a serious relationship in SL either, but do enjoy going on dates. Does that make me a horrible red flag waving male as well? Last time i checked two people having a RP date would both be on the giving and receiving end of things. Kind of like RL, if a date leads to sex, both parties involved got what they wanted.. Well, hopefully both did.  In SL, its even easier, dont like the date, TP away.