Support does not give support

hollowman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

support does not give support.
for those about 50 times that I applied for support, I have never been provided with qualified assistance. on the contrary, when I asked to protect me from a famous "merchant" who by threats and obscene expressions and insults demanded to remove the objectionable review, I asked for an investigation. as a result, my own account was frozen for three days without any explanation.
Also, for example, during a griefer attack, my property was damaged - the scripts stopped functioning, I asked for help, but I received only the on-duty phrases “we are very sorry”. fortunately managed to make a redelivery. now i just have to run from griefers.
and the last time when I asked them for help to remove a review with insulting remarks from a dishonest buyer who received a refund and refused my help, in the end I was only recommended to put a flag on and wait. (waiting for the fourth day, nervous, bad sleeping). due to such inaction, forced to break the rules.
I came to the conclusion that support exists for impressionable noobs; I have to solve the real problems myself.

Edited by hollowman

6 answers to this question

That is a resident-to-resident issue, which the Linden Lab policy is and always ever has been to not be involved in resident to resident issues. The best you can do is to file an Abuse Report and they will check logs and other data to give your report a vetting. If it is found the one you reported has broken TOS then, and only then, will anything be done.

• Like 4

Maybe you are just unlucky. In the time i have been in SL i have found support to be very helpful and in 90% of the time i contacted them either via a ticket or via Livechat they were able to answer my question or help solve my issue. I am also a merchant and have flagged reviews in the past. In some cases the flag was honored and the review removed and in others they did not remove the review. I have never had my account put on hold for anything and i do know that there have to be pretty grave grounds for LL to do that.

So, sorry you have had such bad experiences, i do not share them.

• Like 2

I personally have not been impressed with support. In fact it has been so bad in my experiences with issues having gone unresolved in the past that they would have to work really hard in order for me to have a low opinion of their services. While some have had decent experiences I have found most residents I have personally spoken with to have very extremely negative ones. In my opinion for the mass amount of money generated threw this game it is WAY below acceptable standards and I have NEVER seen support this bad in any other mmo community I have ever been a part of. In all honesty if it wasn't for tier payments for the home for my SL partner/family I would not drop another dime in to SL because of how bad it is. I actually would have left SL a very long time ago. lol So unless I know they are online and want to hang out I barely can be bothered to log in it now. lol :D

On 8/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, Jules Catlyn said:

Maybe you are just unlucky. In the time i have been in SL i have found support to be very helpful and in 90% of the time i contacted them either via a ticket or via Livechat they were able to answer my question or help solve my issue. I am also a merchant and have flagged reviews in the past. In some cases the flag was honored and the review removed and in others they did not remove the review. I have never had my account put on hold for anything and i do know that there have to be pretty grave grounds for LL to do that.

You also a premium member if your using live chat and you have a better chance of getting decent service. My SL wife is also, but I however am not. We both have had negative experiences dealing with them of various issues over time. One thing I will point out though is the system really isn't set up properly. If a Resident who is not a premium member and yet they still spend hundreds of dollars in the game then they should be afforded the same access to live chat assistance. That's not something you should have to pay a monthly fee for. This is the only mmo that has ever done that and it's honestly one of the reasons I refuse to spend anymore money in to the game then I have already obligated myself to. But ya I have found premium members have had better odds of getting a positive experience so I am glad that you've at least gotten your money's worth out of that. ;)

On 8/20/2019 at 10:27 AM, Jules Catlyn said:

@Jules Catlyn, I had this happen once, where I put a bad review on Marketplace and the merchant didn’t like it, and tried to bully me into removing it.  Being it was on point, can a merchant just have a bad review removed because they don’t like it?

Thankfully, most of my reviews are complimentary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.