Belleza shirt problem (with pictures)

VeranniCakes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well being able to fix it or not would depend on a lot of things..  first do you own the mesh?  like did you create it?.. if you did not create it do you have the .dae files for it?..   If you did not create it or do not have the .dae files then there is no way you can fix the mesh itself.

If you did create it or you have the  .dae files then you can fix it in blender, by rigging it to the Belleza mesh standards for the body (Venus, Isis or Freya all of which are different).  So you would need to have the Belleza creators kit, which you can apply for from Belleza.  Without the specifications for rigging each of those bodies you would not get too far.  If you have all of this,  then it is just a matter of working the mesh to fit right for each body and resaving it all in .dae format.

yes, this is a shirt that I created, I used Marvelous Designer and then imported it into blender, I know how to rig the shirt, it's under Avastar and" Bind to armature"

Then I do crtl P for "automatic weights" and I even Transfer the weights under "Tools" but the shirt still comes out with holes. Here's a picture of the Belleza Dev kit body that I use. It's VenusNatural

bellezabodydevkit.png

You still have to play a bit with the mesh itself .. you can see by the mesh where the holes and weak spots are, so you have to pull those out by hand until the body is not poking through anymore.  There is a lot of hand tweaking that must be done despite using the tools.

weight transfer is never spot on from the start, it needs inspecting tweaking, smoothing, testing with sliders etc and yes sometimes the tweaking part is going to need some manual painting. 

Also as a side note, is using avastar and using the skinning panel and "Bind to armature" button, you don't have to do the Ctrl+P step for automatic weights. Use the avastar tools right there in the skinning panel, change the dropdown to meshes and then tick the box to "Copy from All listed" and weights will trasnfer from body to mesh at the time you click bind.

The Avastar guide to the stages of Skinning your mesh, broken down at the end of the page into their own sections https://avastar.guru/avastar-2/reference/attachments/

Edited by HunniHope

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.