Animated Mesh - a particular technique

Frankie Rockett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, Frankie Rockett said:

For one it's broken and I'm not sure I learnt much from breaking it; buying another - ditto. 

That raises the question: Can it be fixed? (if not, there's a meta question: is it copy-perm? if so, maybe you could get a redelivery, if your inventory doesn't already have a copy of it or the box it came in.) You say you dragged the script out and that broke it (which is informative but I'm not yet sure what it means), so what happens if you drag the script back in? And maybe reset it?

I'd still guess that the texture you're seeing is the "torso" of the shark, and that the tails of the shark are a different face normally painted with a mostly alpha texture animated as Fluffy described earlier. I do not, however, have a theory for how that torso texture got itself painted over the tails face when the script was removed.

You'd originally asked how you might do this yourself, and short of Animesh, the standard approach is the texture animation described. I get it that the current mystery shark seems to suggest a different approach, but I'm skeptical. There doesn't seem to be much room for new magic here, but I guess we should keep an open mind that some greater wizard has discovered a new wonderment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.