Lelutka disaster

BrookeRanger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wear the shape that comes in the head's folder. You can edit it later if you want to, but the included shape with any brand of Bento mesh head (not just Lelutka) sets the ideal starting head slider numbers for it.

Edited by Skell Dagger

1 minute ago, BrookeRanger said:

He is wearing that shape. He thinks he needs to buy an additional skin. But the issue is, it should at least look like the vendor, and it does not!

It doesn't look half-bad, really. Unfinished, of course (and shot taken at a somewhat awkward angle); but Andrea?! Looks like a guy's face, kinda, what with the stubbles and all. :) 

5 minutes ago, BrookeRanger said:

Oh, it is the angle....    It does not resemble the vendor at all. That is why I believe he does not need to buy another skin

Yeah. Those L$ 5,000 heads, they come with pretty decent default skin (options). 

Also, he should realize things rarely look the way they do at the vendor. :) Those ppl are usually very proficient at making excellent photes, and possess the Photoshop skills to boot. And often have outfitted those heads/bodies with the finest skin/hair/appliers, etc, in town. They usually list on the ad too, what's being applied to said model (or come with a style-card for you to make a similar look).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrookeRanger said:

No, something is wrong here. These heads do not look like that straight out of the box. They are  good quality and we just need to find out what the problem is...

Can we please see a front-on close-up image of him, in a good Windlight such as CalWL, Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim, or [NB] Alpine Skinlight RGB.

The skin doesn't look like the picture in the Marketplace. The description says this, "۞1 StyleCard (Contains the store of all photo items in the stylecard.)"  Which tells me that the Bento head doesn't come with everything that matches the vendor pic. 

What SkellDaggar is asking is what lighting are you taking the picture in?

To find the optimized skin settings, go to WORLD at the top bar and find ENVIRONMENT EDITOR, ENVIRONMENT SETTINGS.  Then, check the CUSTOMIZE button and hit MIDDAY and a drop down menu will appear.

Another good lighting to check your avatar in is Annan Adored Optimal Skin (no shadow).

But, Kiramanell, may also be right in that special lighting such as studio lighting could have been added or it's been photoshopped, and/or they added a different skin.  

I agree though that my Strawberry Catwa Head out of the package looks nothing like the avatar I put together  myself.  

13 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Can we please see a front-on close-up image of him, in a good Windlight such as CalWL, Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim, or [NB] Alpine Skinlight RGB.

Does it possibly appear some system avatar stuff is showing through, i.e. not wearing head alpha?

• Like 1

I've just logged in specifically to test this, since I rarely wear my Andrea head these days. To ensure everything was in order I updated the head to its latest version (v3.3), wore the default shape in the newly-updated folder, and only used the skin, eyes, brow-shaper, and brows (dear god, what caterpillars...) from the Andrea HUD, alongside a clear, bright Windlight setting.

This is what it looks like, out of the box:

070096cd76e32c5e86fe4579e5996d5a.png

And this is the ad image for Andrea, from Lelutka's Flickr page:

LeLutka Bento-ANDREA

The skin on the ad looks to be the same one that's in the head's HUD, because the brows and lips are very similar. I would suggest that a very light lip detail has possibly been added (some kind of gloss with creasing detail) on the ad, though, as the lip creases are a bit more pronounced in that.

I then went up to my photo platform, where I could play with Windlight and attempt to recreate the shadowing on the left-hand image on the Lelutka ad. This is what I got. Same skin and settings as before:

45d8540ef3e318c51b9673d547c83a71.png

To my eyes - as someone who works as a CSR for another major mesh head brand - the ad image is not using the same shape as the one in the folder. The eyes have been edited narrower at the outer edges, and the jaw is far more square (note the angle of the line from the cheekbone to the top of the jowl).

My suggestion would be for the person you're posing on behalf of - assuming he doesn't like the shape he has now and doesn't want to spend some time tweaking it to his liking - is to demo some other shapes created for this head. Be aware that many male shape creators don't offer demos (they will just tell you that - if you use their shape and the same skin - you will look exactly like thair ad image, which frankly is BS in many cases) but there are a few that do.

Before he does that, though, get him to redeliver the head and wear the starting shape in the folder, as well as the included brow shaper (the latter could be the reason why his eyes look so startled and his brows so high). In my job for that other mesh head brand, we often see people coming into the support chat who say they're wearing the starter shape, but at some point (often when they've first tried it out) they've edited and saved it, but they've forgotten they did that.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I've just logged in specifically to test this, since I rarely wear my Andrea head these days. To ensure everything was in order I updated the head to its latest version (v3.3), wore the default shape in the newly-updated folder, and only used the skin, eyes, brow-shaper, and brows (dear god, what caterpillars...) from the Andrea HUD, alongside a clear, bright Windlight setting.

This is what it looks like, out of the box:

070096cd76e32c5e86fe4579e5996d5a.png

And this is the ad image for Andrea, from Lelutka's Flickr page:

LeLutka Bento-ANDREA

The skin on the ad looks to be the same one that's in the head's HUD, because the brows and lips are very similar. I would suggest that a very light lip detail has possibly been added (some kind of gloss with creasing detail) on the ad, though, as the lip creases are a bit more pronounced in that.

I then went up to my photo platform, where I could play with Windlight and attempt to recreate the shadowing on the left-hand image on the Lelutka ad. This is what I got. Same skin and settings as before:

45d8540ef3e318c51b9673d547c83a71.png

To my eyes - as someone who works as a CSR for another major mesh head brand - the ad image is not using the same shape as the one in the folder. The eyes have been edited narrower at the outer edges, and the jaw is far more square (note the angle of the line from the cheekbone to the top of the jowl).

My suggestion would be for the person you're posing on behalf of - assuming he doesn't like the shape he has now and doesn't want to spend some time tweaking it to his liking - is to demo some other shapes created for this head. Be aware that many male shape creators don't offer demos (they will just tell you that - if you use their shape and the same skin - you will look exactly like thair ad image, which frankly is BS in many cases) but there are a few that do.

Nice job! 

I see there are shadows going across the face on the Lelutka ad and a very defined nose in the Lelutka ad as well.  Plus the black background adds a bit of drama.  These are all called "camera tricks" perhaps.    

Look, we have changed environments and the head looks just as bad.

I will have him read this thread, and maybe delete his folder, redeliver the head and we can go step by step. But it should at least resemble the vendor, no matter the light! 
Thank you very much for your replies, we will keep at it.

Just now, BrookeRanger said:

But it should at least resemble the vendor, no matter the light!

That's something you'll need to take up with the creator via their CSR(s), I'm afraid. We can help you as much as we can, regarding all the things to check such as shape, brow shape, skin, and Windlight etc. But - short of creating a shape for him, we can't "fix" it. Have him try out the steps at the end of my post, above, just to check those things first.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BrookeRanger said:

Look, we have changed environments and the head looks just as bad.

I will have him read this thread, and maybe delete his folder, redeliver the head and we can go step by step. But it should at least resemble the vendor, no matter the light! 
Thank you very much for your replies, we will keep at it.

It's a gorgeous head BrookeRanger.  Don't give up too fast...you may love it more if you shape it a little and/or try on demo skins.  

I just don't feel that the lip is well defined enough on the skin itself.  With a more defined lip with a different skin, may look amazing!

However, you may want it to look just the picture without spending more money.  

I like the lip shape but I don't feel the coloring on the side of the lips is very well defined and, if it were me, I would go with a different skin trial first.  

There also may be a Lelutka group inworld you can join that is more familiar with the head.  

You should be able to change the brow shape, too.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.