Jump to content
Alumna Cornell

Email sent when securing new Linden home?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Apologies if this isn't the best section for asking this, but people here are more likely to be able to answer from personal experience. I've 'secured' and then abandoned several Belli homes in the past few days, and recall the 'here's your new home' screen saying that an email has been sent, along with the teleport link that appears on-screen, however I have yet to receive *any* email from LL (other than the one saying my account is now premium). Am I hallucinating the mention of email? (I did change the email account used before going premium as I no longer have access to the one originally set up 10 years ago; the new address definitely appears in my account info.) Thanks- (PS- Yes, I have checked my spam filter!)

Edited by Alumna Cornell
PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All that truly counts is whether you received a new Linden Home.  Did you go to the SLURL that was provided (or that shows up when you look at My Mainland in the Land Manager on your dashboard)?  If you did, and if World >> About Land on the parcel shows you as the owner, then you were successful.  The e-mail -- if there ever was one -- would simply have been confirming information that you can verify  for yourself.

BTW, the home that is showing in the screenshot that you just posted is not in Bellisseria.  That is an old-style Linden Home.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

All that truly counts is whether you received a new Linden Home.  Did you go to the SLURL that was provided (or that shows up when you look at My Mainland in the Land Manager on your dashboard)?  If you did, and if World >> About Land on the parcel shows you as the owner, then you were successful.  The e-mail -- if there ever was one -- would simply have been confirming information that you can verify  for yourself.

BTW, the home that is showing in the screenshot that you just posted is not in Bellisseria.  That is an old-style Linden Home.

1) It's important because it's misstating information. If someone counted on that email because they had to close their browser before teleporting (or if they succeeded in getting a home when using their phone) and didn't realize that there's an ability to access their new home later on, that wrong information could cause unnecessary confusion or distress. (I used to design user interfaces for e-learning packages and know there's no good excuse for presenting inaccurate information.)

2) I'm very aware that the home shown isn't in Bellisseria. I did say I grabbed a random home.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Alumna Cornell said:

If someone counted on that email because they had to close their browser before teleporting (or if they succeeded in getting a home when using their phone) and didn't realize that there's an ability to access their new home later on, that wrong information could cause unnecessary confusion or distress.

Even if you close your browser, delete your home LM, or your SL/PC crashed after selecting and securing a home you'll always be able to access it by logging back in on your browser, selecting account, then selecting premium membership and then to the left where it says explore your Linden Home...there will be a Go Now link in that box...click it and and accept then you'll have a tp available to you inworld (you must be logged into Second Life viewer to get it and using a browser on your PC not phone.) You can never lose access to your home unless you abandon it.

Also sometimes it takes a minute for emails to show up...and that can happen with anything and everything. Some of us don't have that setting checked to send us emails. I turned mine off so I won't see that option. The email itself has nothing to do with you getting or not getting a home.

Edited by Jaulistine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jaulistine said:

there will be a Go Now link in that box

Also, on your dashboard you can always go to LAND MANAGER on the left and click MY MAINLAND and it will list ALL the land you own, including your Linden Home and have clickable SLURLS to each parcel. You also can (and should) check the GROUP LAND to be sure you are not donating tier to any groups or, if you are, they they are the correct groups and you still want to donate that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Also, on your dashboard you can always go to LAND MANAGER on the left and click MY MAINLAND and it will list ALL the land you own, including your Linden Home and have clickable SLURLS to each parcel. You also can (and should) check the GROUP LAND to be sure you are not donating tier to any groups or, if you are, they they are the correct groups and you still want to donate that.

Yeah I know about all that...I was just keeping it simple for the person who I responding to. And they were only referring to the LL homes :)

Edited by Jaulistine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people seem to be missing the OP's point here. She knows how to find the info. She's saying that other people might NOT, and that it's bad form to say that an email is on the way when no email is coming. I've seen posts like she's imagining, where people not used to the LH process get confused because they didn't get the promised email and don't know to go to their Dashboard, etc.

That's all she's talking about. The lack of promised email, and why that promise can cause confusion. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Some people seem to be missing the OP's point here. She knows how to find the info. She's saying that other people might NOT, and that it's bad form to say that an email is on the way when no email is coming. I've seen posts like she's imagining, where people not used to the LH process get confused because they didn't get the promised email and don't know to go to their Dashboard, etc.

That's all she's talking about. The lack of promised email, and why that promise can cause confusion. 

Thank you, Sylvia, that is precisely what I'm talking about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...