How to you hidde the difference between your head and your body

LeoSylvain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, LeoSylvain said:

I have Ak head and Beleza jake body. But The color is not exactly the same. What to do?

Get a skin which has Omega appliers for both head and body, and apply them to both. (You will need to buy Omega relays for each as well as the skin).

• Thanks 1

I am using a free body and a group gift for a head on my alt and although I got fairly close, matching the skins to each other, a visible seam remained.

eg4uroK.png

So I picked up a free opencollar, deleted the scripts and wore that on top of the seam and the difference in shade is barely noticeable now.
KsNaarr.png

Other options are getting a choker, a scarf, or a neck blender (the latter never worked for me, but others have had good results)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LeoSylvain said:

But skin is for classic avatar not for mesh? I am confused now.

You can get skins for mesh bodies too, they come in the form of appliers. Look around the Belleza store, or at the [AK] store.

The Omega appliers that Matty mentioned are a special kind. First you will have to make sure that your [AK] head supports Omega. Group gifts from [AK] are often NOT Omega compatible, but the kind that you can get at a discount often are Omega compatible. You will need an installer for the Jake body and a relay for the [AK] head, both can be bought at the Omega store, or at the [AK] and Belleza stores (look for a vendor with a big purple sign).
Once you have the Omega installer for Belleza, wear it once and click it so it will enable Omega for the Jake body once and for all.
For the [AK] head you will have a relay, and you will have to wear that each time You want to use anything Omega on that.

So after you have run the installer on Jake, and are wearing the relay for your [AK] head, it's time to get an Omega skin. Many skin creators offer Omega skins for use on your body, but beware, some creators do NOT include the skin for the head so always get a demo before you buy something.
When you have an Omega skin (which includes head!) all you would have to do is wear the applier and click it, it will then apply the skin to your mesh body, and to your mesh head.

I hope I lifted some of your confusion :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I am using a free body and a group gift for a head on my alt and although I got fairly close, matching the skins to each other, a visible seam remained.

eg4uroK.png

So I picked up a free opencollar, deleted the scripts and wore that on top of the seam and the difference in shade is barely noticeable now.
KsNaarr.png

Other options are getting a choker, a scarf, or a neck blender (the latter never worked for me, but others have had good results)

^^ Good trick. 👍 It works so well, probably because our brain assumes the darker part is just shadow. So very likely won't work when the upper part is lighter.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

@Fritigern Gothly

I translate your long text in todo.

1. Get the information if my head is omega compatible.
  2. Get an installer for the body
  3. Get a relay for the head
  4. Get a omega skin.

My question of vocabulary, You use word installer and relay and applier. Is applier the same than skin? is the word relay same than installer? Did I use the right terms. I just use yours.

Did I correctly translated your message? Correct me if I misunderstood.

Other question. If I can get all of this 4 things in the market place it would be wonderfull. Cause I hate shopping. I really miss patience. It take years to loads untill I can see something. When I shops I am like blind. Marketplace is terrible for filter but it is 100 faster. You just have to select manually visualy your product. You have 10 times the same and you need to read pages and pages but it is sill faster even with all DEMO and demo

Edited by LeoSylvain

1,for head

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-AK/8659276

for body

2.https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Belleza/6412085

1 and 2 are just instalers not skins, scripts made  to prepare your body and head ready for the skins

3. skin for all body :

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MR-Style-Skin-Antony-For-Akeruka-AK-Omega-Catwa-Lelutka-Signature-Belleza-Adam-Slink-GIFT/17478742

try this , is free, and test how is working all pack

1 hour ago, LeoSylvain said:

@Fritigern Gothly

I translate your long text in todo.

1. Get the information if my head is omega compatible.
  2. Get an installer for the body
  3. Get a relay for the head
  4. Get a omega skin.

My question of vocabulary, You use word installer and relay and applier. Is applier the same than skin? is the word relay same than installer?

Installers and relays do the same job, they allow you to add an omega-compatible skin on your mesh head/body. The difference is that an installer needs to be used only once, you click it to activate Omega on your body, but  a Relay has to be used every time you change skins. Some bode makers use Relays and some use Installers, I am not familiar with either AK or Belleza so I can't say which you need, but only the right one will be available in the Omega store anyway.

The Applier is a separate thing, and this is what contains the skin texture.  It does exactly "what it says on the tin"; it applies that skin texture to your mesh body.

Omega relays and installers are available on the Marketplace, (look for a store called Omega Systems). For skins it varies depending on the manufacturer. 

Do bear in mind what an earlier commentator said though, if you have a free head you probably cannot change the skin on it at all.

Also, when you are trying to match skin use a Windlight that will help. CalWL and Nam's Optimal Skin are good choices. There are other Skin Windlight settings that work. You are trying for neutral colors and a low contrast environment. Once the skin matching looks good at those settings it will look as good as it can in all the other settings.

It is difficult to get a perfect match if you use different skins on different parts of the body. The head-body is the most common problem as skin makers can easily make body, feet, and hands in a single applier. But, they usually have to make something special for the head. There is no uniform way that skin and tats are applied to the head. So, one needs special appliers or Omega, meaning the skin make has to do that extra work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.