Scamp Skytower

Mouse and ctrl moves my window not my camera in Firestorm.

Question

I've always used Singularity but for one reason or another, I've changed to Firestorm. I'd expected ctrl + left click and move to move my camera view with my avi as the main focus. However, it is just unhinging my whole window and moving it around the screen leaving its contents the same. I can't think of a situation where I'd want to do this but either way, what is the mouse and keyboard control for exploring a sim using the camera only.

nb. I've found crtl+shift +alt and mouse but this always faces the same direction and doesn't feel intuitive.

any thoughts?

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure how Singularity works but on FS you can just left click & hold on your avatar to move camera.

Left-click on the avatar and hold (per Whirly) to drag the camera around the avatar. Press W while doing that and you can walk and mouse-steer the avatar. The Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys individually and in combination modify how that and the mouse-wheel work.