You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have a set of riding animations... and i'm sure you don't want to hear my whole sob story about THOSE.

the pertinent point is, i need to make a hip/COG animation that has the hip in position (up in the air), and nothing else, while turning left and right.  and, because reasons, it needs to be priority 3 or less.

simple, right?  i made an animation that has the COG location, loops that, no ease, yadda yadda.  YET, unless i make that animation PRIORITY FOUR, the avatar sinks to standing on the ground while turning.

i can't explain this, because the animation info shows two animations involved in turning: turnright/turnleft at priority 1 and walk adjust at proirity 2.  (and a bunch of priority 0-2 system background animations.)

according to the wiki: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations

the only animations with priority 3 are the (female)walk.  i'm not initiating any walk, i'm just turning in place.  i don't see any notes on the turning animations that there is a secret(?) different priority for the hips in those animations.  maybe there is???  (does everybody already know this but me?????)

Edited by Bloodsong Termagant
oops, wrong priority

It is a known bug with turning animations, regardless of the priority, the default ones seem to be kicking in anyway for a split moment. Setting ease in and out very low diminish the visual effect, but if you're lagging just a tiny bit, you'll see the default ones kick in again anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.