Why do people get so irrationally angry over others on their land?

Galactikat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...

I get so annoyed when a private property is set in an otherwise public place and there is no notice.  You cant always tell that you've wandered onto someone's home by mistake.  In addition, I hate those security orbs that teleport you home!  Just outside the border of your property is quite enough thank you.  

Hmm this isn't where I meant to post this.  Hope I haven't infringed any rules.

Edited by Tallulah Bilavio

So true story . . . .

I was recently hired as a flight instructor by one of the major aircraft makers in SL. One of the things they asked me to do was to learn some of the really advanced flying techniques that most people don’t know. Suits me well because the reason I like this maker is because of the realism and the learning involved in flying their products. But it does mean a lot more flying than I did before. 

So I’m flying in and out of the airport where they are located a lot. And just beyond the airport, within the approach path to it, is the Fiji Estates. And, out of the blue, a couple of days ago, I get a message from Jane (not the user’s real name) who tells me in a very hostile way that she saw me in her house and I shouldn’t go in someone else’s house without their permission and thanks to me, her security orb is going to be turned on now. 

Well . . . I don’t know who this person is or where their house is. But I do know that I haven’t been wandering around inside of anyone’s home. I started to type a sarcastic come back about how I’m sure the person is very important, but I don’t know or care about where their house is. Then I realize that might reflect badly on more than just me. So I tell Jane I haven’t been in the house, explain what I’m doing and why. It takes a bit of convincing, but by the time I get down to explaining in specific terms what I’m doing and which aviation company I’m working for, the conversation turns. We had a friendly conversation from that point forward and parted on good terms. I hope Jane and I cross paths again. I’m sure it probably helps that you can look in my groups and see that I’m in their staff group and they are known for both ultrarealism and for offering instructors. Makes it easy to verify.

But the bottom line here, and the reason why I mention the story, is that sometimes people really do get upset over things that are actually a misunderstanding. So take a moment. Breath. Don’t fly off the hand right away. As long as people can talk about it without getting into that irrational anger too far, these things can be worked out and often times people really can part ways as friends, provided that both parties allow it to happen. 

• Like 10

When I need to get going or get afk, I click the home button, and lacking time, I close the viewer.

What gets me is when I'm snooping around in marketplace and click on the 'Inworld Shop' link for "fluffy innocent cute things for your house" and land in "splooge and frenis RLV city"... or you know... the reverse...

Really annoying when it's an active brand that actually does have an inworld presence on 'hidden sim you noobs can't find'...

People gotta update their links on MP... even worse when a Pick on the store owner is wrong... like... what kinda lazy is that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.