Why do people get so irrationally angry over others on their land?

Galactikat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, charlottevics said:

I was in a heavily crowded region that was lagging me to death so I clicked a random LM in my inventory, which just happened to be on someone's parcel but I also had to go AFK right at that moment. When I got back I'd understandably been kicked from the parcel. Only she hadn't ejected me but actually pushed my avatar right out of the parcel either with her avatar or a weapon and had been stood there hurling abuse at me for 5 minutes straight while I was away, insulting my character and my RL profile picture. So then her partner and the region owner comes in, and I get banned from the entire sim for "trespassing and being abusive".

In addition to the advice about teleporting home, if you do come back and realise someone had asked you to leave and was upset you hadn't... get out of there. Don't argue with them or hang around to see what will happen next. Just teleport out as quickly as you can.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 6:20 AM, charlottevics said:

I was in a heavily crowded region that was lagging me to death so I clicked a random LM in my inventory, which just happened to be on someone's parcel but I also had to go AFK right at that moment. When I got back I'd understandably been kicked from the parcel. Only she hadn't ejected me but actually pushed my avatar right out of the parcel either with her avatar or a weapon and had been stood there hurling abuse at me for 5 minutes straight while I was away, insulting my character and my RL profile picture. So then her partner and the region owner comes in, and I get banned from the entire sim for "trespassing and being abusive".

So if you don't actually WANT people in your land, why keep it open? That's why the option is there. Close it off if you don't like visitors. It's just the logical thing to do. If I come to your land and it's open with no security I'm just gonna naturally assume you don't mind people on it.  Visitors on your land that are doing nothing harmful doesn't give you the right to act like an abusive psycho towards them. But as ever people are still messed up in this game and take it way too serious. 

She obviously thought you were after her partner....

IM her, “confess” to the imaginary affair and let Domestic Karma run wild at her place...

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted anything else at all?

I was just going to post that...  

As to the OP.. 

1. I have a store above my home, ban lines are out.
  2. I used to have a parcel next to a linden road, its was a huge high wall road and people would constantly fall off and wander my land and use my furniture while i was there.. Rage built up quickly.
  3. Going afk for 5 minutes was rather rude of you as well. Hell just landing in someones home is rude. 

It takes a second to close SL, the whole "emergency" excuse is a bit much. I've had my kids seriously injure themselves and still took one second to hit the X. Its really not that hard or time consuming.  You dont have to wait for it to fully close to leave your PC. 

• Like 3

I don't know, but I notice there is a big entitlement mentality out there with too many examples to list.

I only have two types I boot.  Those who cam in to the only private apartment on an entire sim, and invade it for their own "gratifications", and a botnet I'm currently fighting with a really arrogant profile about doing their "land duties" (on MY land) and that anyone who has a problem with the botnet is paranoid.

Otherwise, just don't stand in traffic and your fine.

I dislike ban lines very much. And I'd rather use the prim for something pretty other than wasting it on a security orb, so I don't use those either. I do not mind people visiting my land, not at all, even whilst I am not there. But, what I do mind is that they don't wipe the balls clean when they are done using my furniture. I came home one day and saw that the poseballs on my couch were left out. And they were left in the sexual poses. It annoyed me because they didn't clean up after themselves. This particular piece of furniture doesn't have it's own security system built in. So, what I did was make a 'moocher dector', by using a simple greeter. I don't like to ban people from my land, as Mainland is for all I've always believed, but I have no problem what so ever with shaming people off my land if they can't even wipe their balls clean when they are done!

😂

download.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

But, what I do mind is that they don't wipe the balls clean when they are done using my furniture. I came home one day and saw that the poseballs on my couch were left out. And they were left in the sexual poses. It annoyed me because they didn't clean up after themselves.

I had much the same experience and reaction years ago. Logging in to find pose balls out felt strangely creepy. It happened in the Roman villa, a small room I did up for myself after the villa was dismantled, and 3000 metres up in the sky. The whole time there was an open to everyone room with a decent sex bed and chair, but there was never any sign that was ever used.

One day when I was feeling peevish anyway, I put a prim over the sofa in my small room with hover text reading "This is a private residence. Your name has been recorded." Yours was better :D

• Haha 1

@Bitsy Buccaneer Haha! So glad to know that it's not just me! I don't have any problem with people using my land when I'm not there; however, I just do not want to know what they do! lol

Every guest should always wipe after themselves, especially if they have done anything uh.. wipeable XD 

Woooo! 

Yours was a good idea too. Though I think that what really got their attention most likely was: 'Your name has been recorded.' I don't think people pay much attention to what is or what isn't a private residence anymore... I suppose that short sentence is TLTR hahaha

• Haha 1

Need to step away for a moment to handle a non-emergency? Then step away, perhaps take the time to find a suitable idling point if you truly must but just simply step away.

An actual emergency? Situation depending you can always close out the program. This takes anywhere from a second or two to initiate (assuming default behavior and using a mouse) to as little time as it takes you to hit Alt F4 (assuming you've told it to not ask if you really wish to close/logout) - an action than honestly is only a detriment if we're talking about a heart attack or risk of bleeding out from a wound or other trauma.

And before anyone reacts negatively to the above, do consider your reaction rather carefully. I personally do not care what you're tired of, how old you are or how much you do not care to be told such a thing, your reaction to the rather simple information above says far more about you than it does me for seeing it the way I do.

Much the same can be said of those who believe that they have some sort of right to go where they please or to admonish (in any way whatsoever) those who choose to limit access to a parcel that they themselves do not pay for. Where that parcel happens to be is quite irrelevant - you're not paying for it and thus really have no say whatsoever in how the user that does pay for it chooses to handle access (with a few, limited exceptions such as a parcel with any form of security on it that is either advertised directly or hints at being welcome to outsiders in its description or if said parcel is a shop).

Do bear in mind that as distasteful as it may be, if it isn't a ToS Violation ... Like it or not, it's allowed.

• Like 3

Technically speaking, when we all agreed to the TOS set forth by LL we agreed to all of the policies set forth by LL, including the ones at the end of the TOS. According to the Community Standards 

Invasion of Personal Space/Comfort Zones

It is important to respect the personal space of another user. We strongly encourage you to be mindful of your movement, hand gestures, and your avatar’s positioning relative to other avatars.

Technically, invading someones personal property would break that guideline. 

• Like 3

There are few who are able to govern themselves according to the guidelines. There are many who do not regard the guidelines simply because they are just that - guidelines. 

Guidelines are simply just that, to guide - and for the most part, they are not enforceable, thus why they are guidelines. 
We did all agree to the TOS in order to log into SL; however, not everyone reads the TOS or at least not enough to make it towards the end of it. We who have been in SL for eons, have seen the changes over the years to the TOS, so we are pretty familiar with it already. But the newer residents are not. 

I'm just adding my .5L here that's all. 

4 hours ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

if you cannot afford a home on Second Life find a community it's okay with you being a freeloader on their property and using their property to wipe your virtual ass and change your clothes and body lol

It's a game dude lmao calm urself

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.