Purchasing lindens with a Basic Membership

Chrisalexander Sixpence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Chrisalexander Sixpence said:

I want to purchase Lindens via paypal. I want this to be a one-time purchase through a Basic Membership account.

Is this possible? Or do I require a Premium Membership?

No, you dont.
When logged in at secondlife.com, you find at the left side of the page "Buy L$", right under your account balance.

you can purchase L$ on your Basic Membership account yes

if you haven't already then you will first need to connect your Paypal to your account as a Payment Method on your Dashboard. How to do this from within the viewer:  menu \ Me \  Account dashboard...    On Dashboard webpage then: Billing Information \ Add a Paypal Account

when your Paypal is verified then on Dashboard webpage: Linden Exchange \ Buy L$ where you can buy L$ immediately at Linden Exchange current market rate, or place a Buy Order which will only be filled when another resident is prepared to sell the L$ to you at your Buy Order price

1 hour ago, Chrisalexander Sixpence said:

I want to purchase Lindens via paypal. I want this to be a one-time purchase through a Basic Membership account.

Is this possible? Or do I require a Premium Membership?

you have to verify your paypal first in real life, to confirm you have direct backup funds to feed the account on paypal because LL will not wait before they get paid.
If that is done you can connect your paypal to your SL account as the others described.

If you skip the verification, your paypal will not work here ( but it will at other websites that don't require rl verification)

note: the verification that Molly mentions is not the verification of your paypal account, but the acceptance by LL

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisalexander Sixpence said:

I tried your directions but it failed with this error message :

Your PayPal account needs to be a verified PayPal account, which is something that you need to do on the PayPal site before using it as a payment method in SL.

@Chrisalexander Sixpence,

Be sure you've done all these steps.

• Verify your PayPal account.  This is a process you do on the PayPal website, linking your PayPal account to a Real Life bank account or credit card.
  • Transfer some money from your backup account to your PayPal account.  You want to keep enough money in the PayPal account so that any charges from LL will be covered, without having to access your backup method.
  • If your planned $L purchase is large (over $250.00 USD) check your limits on transactions with Linden Research Inc in your PayPal settings, and increase them if needed.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.