Movement Issue

Linda Reddevil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to be able to place my cam facing my avatar and then using my up arrow I'd turn around and start walking.  Now when I do this my cam just flips to the backside of my avatar and I don't move.  Does anyone have any idea what setting I may have changed.  I used to use this technique when I was modeling in SL and it made life easier to just cam around and arrow up to seamlessly turn around and walk back down the runway when I had a turn to make.  Here are my Movement Settings in Preferences but I don't see anything here that would alter the way the arrow key worked before.  Any suggestions are welcome!

https://gyazo.com/7d222bfb401ba718f3c844c1deeff48a

• Like 1

you have described as should happen is how the viewer works by default

trying to narrow down what a cause might be then a question

when you say that you don't move when press the up key, do you not move at all ? or do you have to release the up key and then press it again to move ?

Not sure exact which of the settings, but you might have accidentally turned something on/off in the phototools/camera settings. It's in the Firestorm "World" menu I believe (not at home now so can not doublecheck). There's several camera angle and lock settings in there.

6 hours ago, Linda Reddevil said:

Now when I do this my cam just flips to the backside of my avatar and I don't move. 

If you dont move, while your avatar still makes the walking animation, then you have movelock enabled most likely.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

I should clarify that I can eventually move so that's not an issue. It's just that before when I'd face the cam in front and hit arrow up, I'd not only turn around but I'd start walking in that direction too. Now when I hit the up arrow the only thing that moves is my cam back to its normal position behind me. Then I can walk.... 

I do spend a lot of my time taking pics so it's very possible I changed a setting in phototools but not sure which one. 

9 minutes ago, Linda Reddevil said:

I do spend a lot of my time taking pics so it's very possible I changed a setting in phototools but not sure which one. 

Dont know a lot about the phototools, and if those could mess up your movement. But have you already hit all the "D" buttons to have some options set back to default?

2 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

But have you already hit all the "D" buttons to have some options set back to default?

Yes.  I use Firestorm on my work computer and I tried the technique I was speaking of and it works there.  So I'm going to take screenshots of my Preferences there and compare them to the ones that are at home.  Unless of course FS messed things up with their latest release.  I've updated FS at home and not at work.  Crossing my fingers.

All the settings are the same as they are on my work computer and it's still not working.  I'm out of options other than uninstalling the newest version of FS which is the only difference between my work and home computers.  The reset camera position on av movement is checked.  I don't have MoveLock enabled.  I'm in a panic as to why it won't work on my home computer. 😕

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.