Jump to content
Selene Gregoire

Buying Ls through the viewer

Recommended Posts

Anyone else suddenly unable to purchase Ls through their viewer? FS tells me I need to provide more info yet I can buy Ls through the website. Need to know if it's just me or not or if it's a problem with FS and I'll be forced to update before the next release. :S

Never had this happen before in all the years I've bought Ls via my viewers. Only issue I ever had was when LL's website went borkers on me years ago when trying to change my payment info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Anyone else suddenly unable to purchase Ls through their viewer? FS tells me I need to provide more info yet I can buy Ls through the website. Need to know if it's just me or not or if it's a problem with FS and I'll be forced to update before the next release. :S

Never had this happen before in all the years I've bought Ls via my viewers. Only issue I ever had was when LL's website went borkers on me years ago when trying to change my payment info.

Just tested it out and its working fine for me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some today.... I go in from my dashboard.

Ps. Another shedload of budgetary good intentions bit the dust.

Edited by BelindaN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Thanks all.

@Whirly Fizzle can you shed any light on this?

If it's still happening today, can you post a screenshot showing the error?

Are you able to buy L$ using the LL viewer?
If it also fails on the LL viewer, try another region, then if you still get the error, contact LL support.
Also can you buy L$ with an alt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If it's still happening today, can you post a screenshot showing the error?

Are you able to buy L$ using the LL viewer?
If it also fails on the LL viewer, try another region, then if you still get the error, contact LL support.
Also can you buy L$ with an alt?

Thanks Whirlz. It may be months before I have a few spare bucks to buy 500Ls with again. I was able to do so on the website just not through the FS 5.1.7. 

OMFG I was trying to get the popup and it went through and now I"ve spent money I don't freak ing have. Great just *****ing great now I get to go hungry for a *****ing week

ETA; Sorry. Not your fault. It was a popup that said LL needed more info and provided a link to the SL FAQs. Which were of no use whatsoever. Nothing to indicate I was supposed to agree to Tilia's ToS. I shouldn't have to since I have never withdrawn funds and don't intend to.

I don't have the LL viewer installed mostly because I so rarely have any problems and never use it other than for troubleshooting.

Here's to hoping it was just a one time glitch. And possible due to the fact that we changed ISPs less than a month ago so my IP was different but that should not have caused the popup. It never has before when we changed ISP like last year.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Thanks Whirlz. It may be months before I have a few spare bucks to buy 500Ls with again. I was able to do so on the website just not through the FS 5.1.7. 

OMFG I was trying to get the popup and it went through and now I"ve spent money I don't freak ing have. Great just *****ing great now I get to go hungry for a *****ing week

ETA; Sorry. Not your fault. It was a popup that said LL needed more info and provided a link to the SL FAQs. Which were of no use whatsoever. Nothing to indicate I was supposed to agree to Tilia's ToS. I shouldn't have to since I have never withdrawn funds and don't intend to.

I don't have the LL viewer installed mostly because I so rarely have any problems and never use it other than for troubleshooting.

Here's to hoping it was just a one time glitch. And possible due to the fact that we changed ISPs less than a month ago so my IP was different but that should not have caused the popup. It never has before when we changed ISP like last year.

Please file a ticket with support - they may be able to look into the unintentional purchase for you.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xiola Linden said:

Please file a ticket with support - they may be able to look into the unintentional purchase for you.  

Thank you but I think at this point, with all the stuff going on in RL, I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...