Buying Ls through the viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else suddenly unable to purchase Ls through their viewer? FS tells me I need to provide more info yet I can buy Ls through the website. Need to know if it's just me or not or if it's a problem with FS and I'll be forced to update before the next release. :S

Never had this happen before in all the years I've bought Ls via my viewers. Only issue I ever had was when LL's website went borkers on me years ago when trying to change my payment info.

14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Anyone else suddenly unable to purchase Ls through their viewer? FS tells me I need to provide more info yet I can buy Ls through the website. Need to know if it's just me or not or if it's a problem with FS and I'll be forced to update before the next release. :S

Never had this happen before in all the years I've bought Ls via my viewers. Only issue I ever had was when LL's website went borkers on me years ago when trying to change my payment info.

Just tested it out and its working fine for me.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Thanks all.

@Whirly Fizzle can you shed any light on this?

If it's still happening today, can you post a screenshot showing the error?

Are you able to buy L$ using the LL viewer?
If it also fails on the LL viewer, try another region, then if you still get the error, contact LL support.
Also can you buy L$ with an alt?

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If it's still happening today, can you post a screenshot showing the error?

Are you able to buy L$ using the LL viewer?
If it also fails on the LL viewer, try another region, then if you still get the error, contact LL support.
Also can you buy L$ with an alt?

Thanks Whirlz. It may be months before I have a few spare bucks to buy 500Ls with again. I was able to do so on the website just not through the FS 5.1.7. 

OMFG I was trying to get the popup and it went through and now I"ve spent money I don't freak ing have. Great just *****ing great now I get to go hungry for a *****ing week

ETA; Sorry. Not your fault. It was a popup that said LL needed more info and provided a link to the SL FAQs. Which were of no use whatsoever. Nothing to indicate I was supposed to agree to Tilia's ToS. I shouldn't have to since I have never withdrawn funds and don't intend to.

I don't have the LL viewer installed mostly because I so rarely have any problems and never use it other than for troubleshooting.

Here's to hoping it was just a one time glitch. And possible due to the fact that we changed ISPs less than a month ago so my IP was different but that should not have caused the popup. It never has before when we changed ISP like last year.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Thanks Whirlz. It may be months before I have a few spare bucks to buy 500Ls with again. I was able to do so on the website just not through the FS 5.1.7. 

OMFG I was trying to get the popup and it went through and now I"ve spent money I don't freak ing have. Great just *****ing great now I get to go hungry for a *****ing week

ETA; Sorry. Not your fault. It was a popup that said LL needed more info and provided a link to the SL FAQs. Which were of no use whatsoever. Nothing to indicate I was supposed to agree to Tilia's ToS. I shouldn't have to since I have never withdrawn funds and don't intend to.

I don't have the LL viewer installed mostly because I so rarely have any problems and never use it other than for troubleshooting.

Here's to hoping it was just a one time glitch. And possible due to the fact that we changed ISPs less than a month ago so my IP was different but that should not have caused the popup. It never has before when we changed ISP like last year.

Please file a ticket with support - they may be able to look into the unintentional purchase for you.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.