How do you link your wishlist onto your profile?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do this because if someone does want to get me a gift and they want to use my Wishlist because they aren't sure what I might like, I want them to not feel pressured on any L$ amount.  SL has folks in varying financial ranges and when we do things like Secret Santa, you never know what some can spend or is comfortable spending.  My current WIshlist goes from L$25 - L$480.  I've never put anything on there that costs more than L$500.

There is actually the Favorites list that is different from the Wishlist and always private.  For any item, you can put it on the Wishlist or on your Favorites:

image.png.4278bf369a908eecb4cb53d709df2a89.png

Thanks, LittleMe. :)

Just now, kiramanell said:

Still not seeing it. :) I mentioned that I thought she had a Slink Physique body**, and she confirmed it. 

** The Slink Physique Mesh Body is a real thing, of course. I have one too (for my mermaid, for one). 

Maybe you aren't seeing it because it is an intentional Freudian Slip. It's all in the parentheses.

15 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

She said one thing and meant a mother.

I actually wound up sending her some stuff.... Or did I? LOL. That 'find avatar' tool needs some refining, really. If you type in a blatently wrong name, it will tell you, but it would accept both "Sylla Rhiadra" and "Sylla.Rhiadra" (I picked the former). That could use some improvement. For all I know, it went into a void. 😛

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I actually wound up sending her some stuff.... Or did I? LOL. That 'find avatar' tool needs some refining, really. If you type in a blatently wrong name, it will tell you, but it would accept both "Sylla Rhiadra" and "Sylla.Rhiadra" (I picked the former). That could use some improvement. For all I know, it went into a void. 😛

I hope it went to Scylla and not a random person with a similar name...though I'm sure Sylla, wherever she is, appreciates the generosity.

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

I hope it went to Scylla and not a random person with a similar name...though I'm sure Sylla, wherever she is, appreciates the generosity.

Worst case, I made someone else happy. :) (And they can always pay it forward, should they feel guilty about getting it; which they really shouldn't feel, of course). And then I wil simply send it to the real Scylla, after all.

Still, would be nice if the MP tool were a little less vague about the names you pick, for future reference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Still, would be nice if the MP tool were a little less vague about the names you pick, for future reference.

I'm quoting you, but I'm responding to the few above me about name-confusion. If you are looking at someone's wishlist it should be pretty clear who's list you're looking at. If you click the BUY button in the list that item is automatically added to your cart as a gift to that person whose wishlist you're looking at.

So I'm confused what the context of the name picker is: is this non-wishlist, generally speaking (in which case I do agree)? 

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm quoting you, but I'm responding to the few above me about name-confusion. If you are looking at someone's wishlist it should be pretty clear who's list you're looking at. If you click the BUY button in the list that item is automatically added to your cart as a gift to that person whose wishlist you're looking at.

So I'm confused what the context of the name picker is: is this non-wishlist, generally speaking (in which case I do agree)? 

This was not done via a wishlist. Rather directly, using the 'Add to Cart as Gift' option on MP. It then opens a 'Find Resident' box, in which it doesn't actually find the Resident (positive identification), but only lets you know if the name does not exist -- which is NOT the same of course, as, in my case, allowed me to enter "Sylla Rhiadra" as well as "Sylla.Rhiadra", both without complaining, leaving you to guess what it must be. Like when you do the whole @ thing on this forum, I expected to see a list of possible matches (or one absolute match), or no match at all.

21 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

This was not done via a wishlist. Rather directly, using the 'Add to Cart as Gift' option on MP.

Ah yes. Okay, I was just wondering (because wishlist thread LOL) 'Tis wot I get when Forruming at 5 AM LOL

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

What happens when someone buys a thing on your wish-list: does it get removed from your list after receipt?  

If someone clicks the BUY it goes into their cart as a gift for you. If they actually checkout and purchase it and it is delivered to you then it is auto-removed from your wishlist (also if you buy it yourself even from the product page).

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Worst case, I made someone else happy. :) (And they can always pay it forward, should they feel guilty about getting it; which they really shouldn't feel, of course). And then I wil simply send it to the real Scylla, after all.

And now, I am filled with metaphysical dread.

What if I am not the "real" Scylla Rhiadra? What if I am a shadowy copy, a mere simulation of the true, Platonic ideal of "Scylla Rhiadra," and my self-identity, the "cogito" that underwrites the "ergo sum," is an illusion???

Well, if the receipt of a really lovely gift from Kira (pics coming soon!) represents a kind of confirmation of my identity, I can breathe much more easily, as I did in fact receive a beautiful gown and set of heels from someone who appears to Kira. (Or is she?)

And this Scylla Rhiadra most definitely appreciates your generosity, Kira! THANK YOU!

(And to the "real" Scylla out there, wherever you are: I've got the dress, and I'm taking over. BWAHAHAHAH!!!)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Because I'm an idiot. Any questions?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What if I am not the "real" Scylla Rhiadra? What if I am a shadowy copy, a mere simulation of the true, Platonic ideal of "Scylla Rhiadra," and my self-identity, the "cogito" that underwrites the "ego sum," is an illusion???

Well, if the receipt of a really lovely gift from Kira (pics coming soon!) represents a kind of confirmation of my identity, I can breathe much more easily, as I did in fact receive a beautiful gown and set of heels from someone who appears to Kira. (Or is she?)

And this Scylla Rhiadra most definitely appreciates your generosity, Kira! THANK YOU!

(And to the "real" Scylla out there, wherever you are: I've got the dress, and I'm taking over. BWAHAHAHAH!!!)

Awww, thank you for the kind words! 🤗 And glad it arrived properly. :) 

cogito" that underwrites the "ego sum," is an illusion???

Now, THAT is a nice Freudian slip! 🤤 And so wonderfully underlines it's really you who is. :) 

P.S. That ISON moto dress was still the best, LOL; but Catrie was first, and her taste is impeccable! (thus unbeatable)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Now, THAT is a nice Freudian slip! 🤤 And so wonderfully underlines it's really you who is. :) 

/me facepalms

IT'S STILL EARLY HERE AND I'M ON MY FIRST COFFEE!!

6 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

P.S. That ISON moto dress was still the best, LOL; but Catrie was first, and her taste is impeccable! (thus unbeatable)

I don't play favourites with my wardrobe; the last thing I want is quarrelsome, jealous dresses. The dress that Catrie bought me is stunning, but it belongs to a different social context than the one you sent me, which is also stunning. For instance, the Moto dress doesn't fit in well in my new pseudo-Edwardian house, but yours (as you will see) does.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me facepalms

IT'S STILL EARLY HERE AND I'M ON MY FIRST COFFEE!!

I don't play favourites with my wardrobe; the last thing I want is quarrelsome, jealous dresses. The dress that Catrie bought me is stunning, but it belongs to a different social context than the one you sent me, which is also stunning. For instance, the Moto dress doesn't fit in well in my new pseudo-Edwardian house, but yours (as you will see) does.

Well, since I can play favourites with myself, *I* for one really loved that moto dress. :) It felt so 'you'. But I look forward to what you will look like in that gown. I'm sure you will make it look lovely too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What if I am not the "real" Scylla Rhiadra? What if I am a shadowy copy, a mere simulation of the true, Platonic ideal of "Scylla Rhiadra," and my self-identity, the "cogito" that underwrites the "ergo sum," is an illusion???

That's an interesting existential question, really. :) I'm inclined to borrow a page from the Turing test, and say 'A shadow copy becomes the real Scylla when you can't tell the difference any more.' So, there might very well be 2 real Scylla's out there. 😛 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, YOU are definitely NOT Scylla!

A real Scylla would keep that blade clean!

Hmmm. Except maybe in some really interesting alternate reality?

The real Scylla would also have more heads, iirc. :) So, that would an expensive avi, really, what with like 5 Genus heads and all. :P And I haven't checked up on my mythology recently, but it's a fair bet to say you're decidedly more attractive too. :) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, YOU are definitely NOT Scylla!

A real Scylla would keep that blade clean!

Hmmm. Except maybe in some really interesting alternate reality?

I just killed a man with my sword, have blood all over me and you want me to clean my sword. The real Scylla would take a shower before cleaning her sword which is precisely what I am going to do.  

flounce1.jpg.554738644b0b2f577a48eb810d30b0ef.jpg

Smarty Smarty Smarty
Thought you had a party
Don't forget what the teacher taught
You'll be sorry if you get caught
I'm going to tell your mother
Just see if you don't care
You're nothing but a smarty cat
So there there there

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.