How do you link your wishlist onto your profile?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

That is begging. I don't shout the URL to my wishlist in open chat. See the difference? Yet if you go to the web site of many store you can find people's wishlist lists all the time. Go figure.

Edit to add: You obviously presume that the worst of what you see applies to everyone you see. As I've said before, I think it's sad that you are like that. I have no intention to change your mind, we all are the way we are, some see the positive in things at first blush, others: not so much. So be it. I'm willing to bet people like me are generally more happy, more often than people like you. Maybe not; it's just a hypothesis. :)

And when you goto a store that wishlist is there for a reason usually, birthday, wedding etc. You are totally shouting the link out when you put it in your profile which is available to anyone to look at. Not shouting it out would be having it available in case anyone says, I want to buy you something.

What you are doing is the equivalent in rl of printing the url to a wishlist at a store on a tshirt in the hope random strangers will buy you stuff

Edited by KanryDrago

Just to be THAT girl, I added a wishlist to the bottom of my profile and named it " Not a Beggar".  ☺️☺️  If people want to buy anything on there, I truly encourage you to.  If not,  I won't hold it against you. I won't even know, as I didn't push my list on you and say " buy this NAO!!!"  😛

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Catrie said:

Just to be THAT girl, I added a wishlist to the bottom of my profile and named it " Not a Beggar".  ☺️☺️  If people want to buy anything on there, I truly encourage you to.  If not,  I won't hold it against you. I won't even know, as I didn't push my list on you and say " buy this NAO!!!"  😛

Nice! I senchasumfin, just to rub it in at @KanryDrago Hahahaha

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

If I check out a profile and it has on the front page a wish list then it gets shut straight down and I don't bother reading more and just don't bother with im'ming them

How about the First Life tab? Is that one ok? Cuz that's where I put mine yesterday... 

I really should go through mine and move most of it to My Favs since 800/900Ls for a bed is a bit much. Problem with that though is I use my Favs for the items I want for my builds to keep them separate from personal stuffs.

Gah. Babbling again. Sorry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've been meaning to upbraid you for your extreme selfishness this week, actually.

Don't you dare! She gifted me the cutest pair of lacey capri jeans and I don't even like capris. BUT! I do like these! 

So leave Rhonda alone!

britalone.jpg

He turned out to be cutie too didn't he.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Don't you dare! She gifted me the cutest pair of lacey capri jeans and I don't even like capris. BUT! I do like these! 

So leave Rhonda alone!

britalone.jpg

He turned out to be cutie too didn't he.

Whoa, is that what he looks like now?

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. Likely not going to make a lot of friends with this post, LOL, but here goes.

Instead of forming some opinion on what others do, I first asked myself, "Would I make one?" Yes... but I wouldn't advertise it. Putting out a visible link on my Profille, really would feel like begging, subsidiarly 'asking.' You can squable a bit over what begging truly is, and argue it isn't really begging because you're not asking ppl to send you stuff. But that just feels like semantics to me, as you really are asking -- the only difference being you're doing it indirectly, instead of directly. See, to me, it kinda feels like registering for wedding gifts: if the items on your list are (too) expensive, ppl will start to feel uncomfortable. Now, with an MP wishing list, no one is under any obligation to get you anything. That helps. But I would still feel like I'm putting pressure on them. Like I could advertise "I still want head X" (not even going to mention the brand), knowing said head is in the usual $LL 5,000-6,000 range. Or similarly priced items. That would be like saying "You don't have to get me anything, really, but, if you want to, this is the price-range. But no pressure." LOL. So, if I were to create a wishlist, much like with registering for wedding gifts, I would also gently pad it with cheaper items, so as not to put my friends into an uncomfortable position.

On the other hand, having a wishlist is simply practical. Like I wanted to get something for Scylla too; but she has no wishlist (like she said earlier). So, since I don't know exactly what body she has and all (a Slink Physique Mesh Body, iirc, but I wasn't sure), it's kinda hard to go shop for things that may not fit her. So, from a practical point of view, it's very convenient to know what ppl want (again, much like picking from a wedding gift registry).

Having a wishlist is simply also very handy for oneself. I can choose to just keep items in my shopping cart indefinitely, but that's impractical, for when I want to buy other items inbetween. So, if I ever were to make one (heck, a fews days ago I didn't even know wishlists existed, LOL), I would really do so for myself; but, like I said, I wouldn't advertise the fact.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Like I wanted to get something for Scylla too; but she has no wishlist (like she said earlier). So, since I don't know exactly what body she has and all (a Slink Physique Mesh Body, iirc, but I wasn't sure), it's kinda hard to go shop for things that may not fit her.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!

(I have a Slink Physique body.)

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

So, if I were to create a wishlist, much like with registering for wedding gifts, I would also gently pad it with cheaper items, so as not to put my friends into an uncomfortable position.

I do this because if someone does want to get me a gift and they want to use my Wishlist because they aren't sure what I might like, I want them to not feel pressured on any L$ amount.  SL has folks in varying financial ranges and when we do things like Secret Santa, you never know what some can spend or is comfortable spending.  My current WIshlist goes from L$25 - L$480.  I've never put anything on there that costs more than L$500.

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Having a wishlist is simply also very handy for oneself. I can choose to just keep items in my shopping cart indefinitely, but that's impractical, for when I want to buy other items inbetween. So, if I ever were to make one (heck, a fews days ago I didn't even know wishlists existed, LOL), I would really do so for myself; but, like I said, I wouldn't advertise the fact.

There is actually the Favorites list that is different from the Wishlist and always private.  For any item, you can put it on the Wishlist or on your Favorites:

image.png.4278bf369a908eecb4cb53d709df2a89.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do this because if someone does want to get me a gift and they want to use my Wishlist because they aren't sure what I might like,

Me, too. I even have a couple of 10L items on mine and nothing over 900Ls and I do feel like I am really pushing it with the 800L+ furniture. I have zero expectations that any one would spend that much on me. Those are there mainly as an "I hope I have enough Ls some day". All of what I am currently earning is going towards the things I need for my creations I plan to sell. Next bit is already earmarked for full perm landscaping stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is actually the Favorites list that is different from the Wishlist and always private.

Which is why some wishlists I see are almost shocking at first blush. That would be a literal blush, by the way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.