Would a ‘Trick or Treat’ Hunt be allowable under the covenant?

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few thoughts on this - would it be a proper hunt hunt or more of a semi-organised walk to look at decorations and costumes and maybe RP some trick-or-treating?

A walk could be done with an attached scripted object, where you touch a pumpkin at each house to collect a "candy" and when you have enough "candies", you get a nice gift. Anyone who wanted to participate could set out a pumpkin.

Or maybe those with creation skills would be willing to contribute a small FP item which could be retextured?

Is there much general interest in learning more about making things? It is really cool to think "I need a this" and be able to rez a prim, shape it a bit, add a texture and have something useable. It might not be fancy or mesh, but it's uniquely yours. Want a lollipop? - rez a cylinder, change the dimensions to make it small and thin, rez another small cylinder for the stick, drop a texture on the lollipop cylinder and colour the stick white, link the two together and give it a name so it doesn't become an Unidentified Inventory Object. :)Add it to your mouth or your hand and position. If you want to get fancy, add an eating animation and a simple script to run it. Done. Every single person in Bellisseria has the ability to make a wee something of their own to give out for trick-or-treat. The kids will be bouncing off the walls for days ;)

(About putting gachas and no copy items out, they could easily run out if the event is popular.)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

A few thoughts on this - would it be a proper hunt hunt or more of a semi-organised walk to look at decorations and costumes and maybe RP some trick-or-treating?

A walk could be done with an attached scripted object, where you touch a pumpkin at each house to collect a "candy" and when you have enough "candies", you get a nice gift. Anyone who wanted to participate could set out a pumpkin.

Or maybe those with creation skills would be willing to contribute a small FP item which could be retextured?

Is there much general interest in learning more about making things? It is really cool to think "I need a this" and be able to rez a prim, shape it a bit, add a texture and have something useable. It might not be fancy or mesh, but it's uniquely yours. Want a lollipop? - rez a cylinder, change the dimensions to make it small and thin, rez another small cylinder for the stick, drop a texture on the lollipop cylinder and colour the stick white, link the two together and give it a name so it doesn't become an Unidentified Inventory Object. :)Add it to your mouth or your hand and position. If you want to get fancy, add an eating animation and a simple script to run it. Done. Every single person in Bellisseria has the ability to make a wee something of their own to give out for trick-or-treat. The kids will be bouncing off the walls for days ;)

(About putting gachas and no copy items out, they could easily run out if the event is popular.)

I already have plenty of things from other trick or treat events that give you random candy items by a single click I would just lay it out on my porch for everyone to enjoy I could also maybe do a haunted house but since prim counts have to be managed might be hard to do hehe.

• Like 1

I couldn't respond for a few days, due to computer issues, hence my tardy response to this topic.

Anyway, I see mentions of creators creating specifically for the event, and about non-creators potentially feeling left out (i'm paraphrasing here).
About the non-creators who wish to participate, I'm sure it should be doable, and allowable for non-creators to buy a no mod item with trans/copy permissions on the MP and put that in their free item giver. As far as the item's licence permits it, of course. Or perhaps they have something nice in their inventory that they can put up as a gift.

How much these non-creators would spend on the item would be entirely up to them (although it would be nice if they wouldn't go for the first prim item from 2006 which they see on the MP :D )

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

On 8/15/2019 at 10:17 AM, Matty Luminos said:

Well presumably those people who have security orbs would not want to participate...

That's okay....there's a whole lot of real life people who keep their real life porch lights off because they don't celebrate Halloween. So I guess in SL it's really no different then RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.