Noob seeking help

beeskness88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Male friend got kicked out for standing around wearing a kilt properly. Someone had to cam carefully to look. 🤷‍♂️

Well... define proper. Depending on the time period, practically nothing (lèine cròiche or saffron long shirt) underneath followed by codpieces. The question is, which is true for the particular person standing in front of you wearing a kilt? Many won't ever say while a few will admit to something other than the long shirt.

http://www.tartansauthority.com/highland-dress/modern/how-to-wear-the-kilt/whats-down-under/the-real-story/

10406861_598867500282_512485666479558431

Edited by Selene Gregoire

30 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Welcome to Second Life, bees knees!

Though it looks like you may have wandered off, I will add something that every other poster in this thread has, for some inexplicable reason, neglected to mention, even though it's the best thing SL has to offer...

You can set people on fire!!!

...sets you on fire.

mob.gif.0f2a393abfd64f5ac15539c460a73f27.gif

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I've no looked myself but every time it's come up in conversation, the men present say they go without. I'll take their word for it, and use their opinions on how its best worn :)

We (half) Irish do it differently.

I love to wear jean shorts under a sundress at summer parties, which gives me the opportunity to hike the hem over my head and proudly proclaim "Look! I'm wearing big-girl pants!"

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Well... define proper. Depending on the time period, practically nothing (lèine cròiche or saffron long shirt) underneath followed by codpieces. The question is, which is true for the particular person standing in front of you wearing a kilt? Many won't ever say while a few will admit to something other than the long shirt.

It also depends somewhat on the type of kilt. An authentic one made out of 6-8 yards of heavy wool tartan won't need anything else under it; you need to keep the trossachs cool, if you get my drift. But one of those flimsy polyester-blend ones you bought for £30 in an Edinburgh souvenir shop, you probably ought to wear something under it. Just in case.

9e443ff0e71f689d16628b6075b8e80d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.