What components of "Second Life Community" require special permissions to view?

SaiJinhua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

a Google [search terms "psychology" hide groups second life] search shows:

Why a guy would play as a girl in SL - Lifestyles and ...
https://community.secondlife.com › ... › Lifestyles and Relationships
May 9, 2016 - 25 posts - ‎13 authors
For a lot of guys I can see they are hiding it and would love the freedom to be more like

..... Perhaps it is just the group of friends i have in and out of SL, the males show just

as much ... The psychology of it intrigues me deeply."

and the URL listed:
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/374687-why-a-guy-would-play-as-a-girl-in-sl/

comes back with a message:

Sorry, there is a problem
You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

what components of "Second Life Community" require special permissions to view?

those are nothing more than removed threads, some forumsoftwares can take closed threads out of public view instead of remove it.
Sometimes it's used to review for moderation, sometimes it never comes up again.

They don't require special permissions for residents.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

27 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

possibly even accesable for reading in the cache

wow!

cache has

TThis is Google's cache of [the thread] It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 10 Aug 2019 05:08:51 GMT.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Page 1 of 17 

44 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That thread has been nuked.  It has been locked and hidden by the moderators.

Why would it be nuked?

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Someone probably got tired of cleaning up a flame war.  I don't know the specifics but I do remember that thread turned nasty more then a few times.

When I was a mod on a mboard and saw a threading starting to derail or burst into flames, I'd toss a lock on it and depending on the content, move it to the "bin" area of the board where it's no longer publicly accessible.

16 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

When I was a mod on a mboard and saw a threading starting to derail or burst into flames, I'd toss a lock on it and depending on the content, move it to the "bin" area of the board where it's no longer publicly accessible.

Which is exactly what a mod should do even if they have the last name of Linden. Lock it, move it and let the admin (there should be only one) determine any violations and punishments.That has always been a standing rule for my mods on all of the bboards I've owned over the years. If the admin determines the thread is worth saving then the thread gets restored with appropriate action and the discussion continues. More fur flying in the given thread, it gets locked permanently. Most people deserve a second chance.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 8/14/2019 at 12:40 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Someone probably got tired of cleaning up a flame war.  I don't know the specifics but I do remember that thread turned nasty more then a few times.

I started one of those and understand much more about gender related issues now than when it began in 2016. I thought for some of the participants and particularly those that shared sensitive and honest info about themselves at that time that disappearing into the land of deleted threads couldn't hurt as it may  cause issues RL in some cases particularly if  a family member reads it with no prior knowledge of the authors' situation.  Mostly it was well behaved, honest and heartfelt by people feeling conflicted by their birth sex vs the gender they feel they are. I was trying to protect all concerned as it was a response to my frustration of stereotyping however the thread evolved into something beyond my original intention.

Edited by chardonay Babii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.