Things learned

usedcars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:53 AM, Lyssa Greymoon said:

No one reads profiles

Not just profiles. I have several group chats open on a daily basis and help out in a few. People more and more refuse to read anything. Whether it be instructions, group rules, profiles, group notices. They want everything spoon fed and the willingness to find information or even read information handed to them on a platter is more and more non-existent. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Not just profiles. I have several group chats open on a daily basis and help out in a few. People more and more refuse to read anything. Whether it be instructions, group rules, profiles, group notices. They want everything spoon fed and the willingness to find information or even read information handed to them on a platter is more and more non-existent. 

Good to know I haven't been imagining things the last few years. Thanks.

• Like 1

As some have said, I too have learned many skills in building, designing, and creating.

I did fall in love in Second Life. I wasn't looking for it, wasn't really interested in finding it, but it found me. My SL wife and I have been partnered for over 2 years. It is the only partnered relationship I have had in SL in all my years here.

The social aspect of Second Life has mellowed me in both worlds. I have more patience, am less of a knee-jerk response kind of person, and I now let a lot of things roll right off my back whereas before I'd take offense or get into a verbal sparring match. I give credit for that to Second Life, but also to myself for making the effort. I know many who have been in SL as long as me who never changed and bite heads off to this very day. *laughs*

The question was "What have you learned in Second Life?" and in the simplest terms, my answer is that I learned... to learn. :)

Edited by Markham Weatherwax
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Markham Weatherwax said:

As some have said, I too have learned many skills in building, designing, and creating.

I did fall in love in Second Life. I wasn't looking for it, wasn't really interested in finding it, but it found me. My SL wife and I have been partnered for over 2 years. It is the only partnered relationship I have had in SL in all my years here.

The social aspect of Second Life has mellowed me in both worlds. I have more patience, am less of a knee-jerk response kind of person, and I now let a lot of things roll right off my back whereas before I'd take offense or get into a verbal sparring match. I give credit for that to Second Life, but also to myself for making the effort. I know many who have been in SL as long as me who never changed and bite heads off to this very day. *laughs*

The question was "What have you learned in Second Life?" and in the simplest terms, my answer is that I learned... to learn. :)

Well, this is kind of perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.