When will houseboats be available again?

beladona Memorial

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Actually almost ALL of the info was public.  Why not share with you?  Well for one thing the person that talked out of turn might lose their job. That's good enough for me.  For the folks  doing the research and going to the meetings and such, the idea isn't a big leap at all and was even mentioned officially LONG ago, and maybe someone else will put the same pieces together and come forth with their theories WITHOUT endangering someone's job. 

My point was that the number of Bellisseria homes, the rollout plan, the subsequent changes in policies are part of a bigger picture --- one that will make sense if it all comes together in a few months -- or so --- or "SOON".   

Even before I got the "icing on the cake" info -- I had already mentioned this possibility on the forums. But it is one thing to have a theory and another to have MORE than a theory --- at least for me.    AND, it is certainly possible that "the plan" may not materialize simply because something else takes priority or that LL makes a shift in direction.  If and when the newness IS announced we will know. And of course I am not going to poke you and say -- "see?"  simply because you wouldn't believe me anyway. And that is fine. 

Just block me and you will never have to read anything I write!  That works too. :D

My point wasn’t about wanting to know your insider info, it’s about mentioning that you have it in the first place. Perhaps I already know that info as well. If I do, though, I was probably asked not to say anything, so I haven't. Or wouldn’t if I were privy to any insider info, because even mentioning I know something would feel like a violation of the trust placed in me and make the people who don’t have such insider knowledge feel left out or jealous.

• Like 3

OK. Let's be logical and forget all about the things I WILL NOT SAY, and let's look at possibilities that could happen that will change how Bellisseria is viewed by the citizenship.   NONE OF THESE THINGS were what I was referring to above.

LL could lower mainland tier OR up the minimum "free tier" size to 2048 (there certainly is plenty of maintenance land out there).  Then the 1024 plots even with the houses that don't count against LI aren't quiet as enticing. 

LL could start making LARGER (either in LI or in actual size OR in land size plots) homes. Then the existing homes, as nice as they are won't be as good as the newly introduced ones. The larger sized plots could be tied to "Super Duper Premium" status.

LL could make an ADULT "Bellisseria X" continent for those that want to flaunt their desires. 

So very many things can happen to change how folks view the new continent.  And then of course there is simply attrition.  Not all that many people are going to keep trying to get a house or in this case a houseboat for months on end.   And some will find that they don't enjoy living within a theme and want more freedom.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

There could also be fewer people in the future (I am hoping not but we don't know what will happen). Higher Premium costs, inability of some folks to continue cashing out, closing shops and leaving -- and other things to come -- will likely have some effect on the player base.  Hopefully the new video ads and the Super Duper Premium when it arrives will balance that out. 

I wonder if that was the slip on what she knows that we don't know since it is stated new video ads and the Super Duper Premium so I am feeling there is going to be some bigger package deal that you are able to obtain hmm maybe I am just grasping straws lol.

I have a theory.

And this theory, which is mine ... did I mention I own this theory, and all that pertains to it? ... this theory, which is mine (yes, like the original sketch it turns out my theory is neither original nor complex, more of a thought really, or perhaps just an observation) ... as I was saying ... this theory, which is mine, is ... shall I tell you?  Will you steal it if I do?  DO NOT, because this theory, which is mine, is mine.  Oh, look, a dead parrot!

LL has returned to caring about retention.  And so, for as long as they think they can affect retention, they will be providing an endless sequence of new shinies.  Like every other web service does.  Chic's statement that they have something shiny coming,is therefore, like my theory, neither original nor worthy of getting upset about.

However, Belli embodies an approach that I haven't see LL take for years and years, perhaps never.   They are attempting to retain prime members by fostering community IN THE SAME WAYS that private estate owners have done in the past.  Build an attractive environment with covenant enforcement to keep it that way.  Encourage interaction among residents.  That is what is truly new to me in Belli, and I think it should be rewarded.  So that is why I and my happy little family of alts have come to Belli and hope to stay for a bit.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

I mean really who still wants a old linden home that has less prims

There have actually been quite a few posts here in these forums by owners of the older homes saying that they sure hope LL doesn't kick them out soon.  They prefer the larger more open-space homes, even if it does come on a smaller plot with less LI.

There have also been quite a few posts by people that can't wait to get a Camper/Trailer, yet those also are only 512 sqm plots with only 175 LI.

All sorts of folks have all sorts of different ideas about what a suitable home is.

5 hours ago, beladona Memorial said:

It's rather like when you are renting an apartment in RL for $1500 only to find out that a new resident can have the exact same apartment for $1200.  Not exactly fair, but that's the way that it is.

Oh, and all those deals that the cable, satellite, and phone companies give "new customers only".  That always irritated me a bit too, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

I wonder if that was the slip on what she knows that we don't know since it is stated new video ads and the Super Duper Premium so I am feeling there is going to be some bigger package deal that you are able to obtain hmm maybe I am just grasping straws lol.

Well, we have known for a while that some sort of Super Duper Premium package is coming.  By definition that means some sort of Premium package that will offer us more of "something" (or multiple somethings).  We've been speculating, here in various threads, on what it might contain and how that might impact the new Linden Homes.  If the new Premium came with 4096 of free tier, I know quite a few current Bellisseria residents that would jump on it - assuming the price is right.  Ditto if the new Super Duper stuff came with something like a homestead region.  All sorts of things that they could give us that would make some current Bellisseria residents jump and reduce the number standing in line for a Bellisseria home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
6 hours ago, beladona Memorial said:

It's rather like when you are renting an apartment in RL for $1500 only to find out that a new resident can have the exact same apartment for $1200.  Not exactly fair, but that's the way that it is.

Oh, and all those deals that the cable, satellite, and phone companies give "new customers only".  That always irritated me a bit too, but it is what it is.

You can go nuts obsessing about things like that. The woman next to you on the airplane got her ticket for $50 less than you did.  The guy in the seat behind you at the ball game paid $20 less because his brother gets him an employee discount.  Forget about that.  If you didn't think your ticket was worth it, you wouldn't have paid the price you did.  Compare the price you were offered to the price you were willing to pay, not to the price someone else paid.  Enjoy the flight or the ball game and don't waste energy on pointless envy.  🙃

• Like 8

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, we have known for a while that some sort of Super Duper Premium package is coming.  By definition that means some sort of Premium package that will offer us more of "something" (or multiple somethings).  We've been speculating, here in various threads, on what it might contain and how that might impact the new Linden Homes.  If the new Premium came with 4096 of free tier, I know quite a few current Bellisseria residents that would jump on it - assuming the price is right.  Ditto if the new Super Duper stuff came with something like a homestead region.  All sorts of things that they could give us that would make some current Bellisseria residents jump and reduce the number standing in line for a Bellisseria home.

Oh I would luv a homestead region to be included in a package deal I would probably give my Bellisseria home up on the fly and so would my husband because that way we would only hold one Super Duper Premium account. Some other perks with it would be nice also I guess we just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Take away : "I'm special." "No I'm special"

Let's demand RL tax forms to see how painful Premium tier is to pay, then we'll set up a UN like committee to vet the claims.

Next, "special people get secret special  info because they are SPECIAL" In case you missed it, SPECIAL. But     secret     SPECIAL.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, Alyona Su said:

How long any of us have been in SL is irrelevant; how long any of us have paid for Premium is irrelevant. The technical answer to your question is that they are available now. The true question is "when will a new new one become available or existing once become vacant". The answer to the former part is "weekly" and the answer to the latter part is "almost daily". I know this because I'm continuously checking in readiness for a Csamper and I am seeing several homes and at least a couple houseboats every day.

It's a matter of timing. You must check your LL Home page often. Many are refreshing the page every minute or so.

I became a premium member today because I wanted a houseboat. Premium members are suppose to be able to get one. However, I have been looking and looking at all these empty houseboats but none are available. This seems deceiving to me. It's very difficult to get one of the newer homes!

2 minutes ago, cyndial1 said:

I have been looking and looking at all these empty houseboats but none are available.

you can't get one by looking at the boats.. you have to be at your accountpage to see if there are available, if not , they won't show up . A empty boat doesn't mean it's not assigned to somebody. Perhaps they live in their skybox, or use it only as clothingroom...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cyndial1 said:

I became a premium member today because I wanted a houseboat. Premium members are suppose to be able to get one. However, I have been looking and looking at all these empty houseboats but none are available. This seems deceiving to me. It's very difficult to get one of the newer homes!

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do your research on something before jumping in to it. The new Linden Homes are not readily available as there are not enough for everybody yet, so it takes some timed luck, patience, and a bit of speed to catch one. They are steadily working on more.

This is a very helpful post to look at if you're new!

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 4

Premium members see a "get your home now" yellow button on the right side of their dashboard when they log into their account in a browser.  It takes them to https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php  and you can check availability of homes.  At the moment, only the older homes on 512 plots are available, but I am told if you keep checking, others become available regularly

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cyndial1 said:

Unfortunately it seems like you missed a lot of forum discussions earlier on about this :(

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cyndial1 said:

I don't expect you to see this as the post I reply to is, as of this writing, your one and only.

Can you show any of us where you saw that becoming a Premium subscriber it says "supposed to get a houseboat"? You are promised a Linden home, there are thousands available. They never promised style or color or location, etc. As for empty? That is true, most Linden Homes claimed are nothing more that "status symbol" - people claim them and never use them and, in many case, never even bother visiting their Linden Home. Though that is their right. Many are empty because the person who owns it isn't logged-in at that time. And when they are they likely aren't spending the entirety of the SL time in it.

The point being that you are only deceiving yourself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cyndial1 said:

They will be available soon.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

That really irritates me too and I’m so glad that LL has been using the first come first served method for the release of the upgraded homes.  I feel watching the creation of this new continent and seeing the daily progress is a very rare privilege. 🤩

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.