Tandy Brandi

Relationship with no RL info

The girl that I meet in SL maybe someone i will probably never meet but its nice to know its a girl not a guy pretending or a girl trapped in a guys body.  Someone who I connect with,  talk with or perhaps knows what I have been thru.  

General information ok, but a life story or a bunch of RL pics dont work for me.  

...it depends. One avi for me is me, as in RL.  This is the real me, I socialize as myself, and quite happily reveal age, gender, and rough geographical location, and my interests both in SL and RL - they are very similar. I have no romantic aspirations in SL, so no probs there. Friends are friends. My alt however  has a highly developed back story, originally developed for RP and it never comes out of RP.  Although again I have no romantic aspirations for the avi, I find the friendships that it develops are quite different. I find more total Immersion with the second avi. The problems come when people start asking for RL contact, which I am happy with for my first avi (is me) but not the second - for that avi, it only exists in SL. Many 'friends' of the alt don't like this after a while. SL is different for everyone, and each to their own, but I have never been in SL for RL overlap. It is a creative medium for me, and an 'escape' I prefer over TV, but not over RL socializing  If I were to embark on a SL romantic relationship I would be upfront about who I really was, or just tell them that it is SL only, and that this aspect of SL is just a bit of fun, and will never develop beyond SL.  Nice thing is, both avis agree this is the right thing to do.😀 It is notable here that the friends of the second avi who don't push for RL info remain good friends. Possibly playing the same 'game'. Just the way I run my SL life, no judgements on how others do it.

• Like 5

This thread is exactly why everyone on SL has to have a cover story. You WILL be asked about your RL. Have a story ready. Just like your SL is a fantasy, create a cover story that's a fantasy too. Rehearse it, so that you get the basic details right. Remember that cover stories shouldn't be that different than your actual real life story, as otherwise you will just screw up and get caught lying sooner than later. It's basically what undercover cops do. They create a cover story close to their actual life but not quite, and remove all identifable details. And voila.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dada Beck said:

This thread is exactly why everyone on SL has to have a cover story. You WILL be asked about your RL. Have a story ready. 

For a while, several years ago, I did tell people that I was a few years younger than I really am. I guess I was a bit embarrassed by the idea that I was closer to the age of the parents of some of the people I was hanging out with, than I was to them. 😳  It got a bit annoying though, not because I couldn't remember my fake birth-date, but because I could never figure out how old I was supposed to be when certain songs I liked were released. 

I also always use a false name for my RL partner when I'm talking about him. His personal data is not mine to share.

8 hours ago, Dada Beck said:

This thread is exactly why everyone on SL has to have a cover story. You WILL be asked about your RL. Have a story ready. Just like your SL is a fantasy, create a cover story that's a fantasy too. Rehearse it, so that you get the basic details right. Remember that cover stories shouldn't be that different than your actual real life story, as otherwise you will just screw up and get caught lying sooner than later. It's basically what undercover cops do. They create a cover story close to their actual life but not quite, and remove all identifable details. And voila.

This ain't the CIA or MI6. It's SL (Second Life to those in the know).

Why does someone need a cover story? If I worked in the funeral industry, I would cop to it. Why hide it? I volunteer (key) what I tell others. If they ask about my RL, fine. It's a safe bet they do the same. We don't need dead drops to pass information.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

If I worked in the funeral industry, I would cop to it. 

That's actually my cover story. I always say that I am a hired gun.

22 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

If I worked in the funeral industry, I would cop to it.

8 hours ago, Dada Beck said:

That's actually my cover story. I always say that I am a hired gun.

A hired gun in the funeral industry? What are you doing, creating your own clients?   🤣

• Like 1

No, I'm not interested in seeking a Secondlife to Real-life relationship. If I wanted a real life relationship. I would log out and look for one in  REAL-LIFE at a pub or some speed dating event.

Now don't get me wrong, I've tried the whole SL to RL crap.. and it was actually as it is. CRAP! 

You run into catfisher, internet playboys and men old enough to be your dad and the mentally unstable. < Most likely you've met them in RL and avoided them like the plague.>

I think the single life is looking pretty good right about now.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 2:21 AM, Matty Luminos said:

A hired gun in the funeral industry? What are you doing, creating your own clients?   🤣

I will neither confirm nor deny that.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

You run into catfisher, internet playboys and men old enough to be your dad and the mentally unstable. < Most likely you've met them in RL and avoided them like the plague.>

How many did you meet? 

On 9/22/2019 at 8:34 AM, Amina Sopwith said:

How many did you meet? 

Good thing you weren't asking me. I'd have said about 98% of the male SL population that I've had the displeasure of meeting. Which has been quite a few.

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Good thing you weren't asking me. I'd have said about 98% of the male SL population that I've had the displeasure of meeting. Which has been quite a few.

That's a pity. I've met a few internet people in RL and it's always gone well, especially the one person I met from SL. I've met only a very tiny percentage of the online people I've known, though a few more know my secret identity.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, Amina Sopwith said:

How many did you meet? 

Well, I've been on sl for twelve years... so that means ALOT. And in RL.. probably just about the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

That's a pity. I've met a few internet people in RL and it's always gone well, especially the one person I met from SL. I've met only a very tiny percentage of the online people I've known, though a few more know my secret identity.

Well, the people you've met were probably in a good mindset.. which is a rarity in SL.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I did met the RL other half in another virtual world more than 20 years ago.

Personally, I've never been into just strictly SL-based relationships. I am more into meeting someone (whether it be SL or IRL) and seeing where it goes from there...

Of course take your heart, but take your brain with you in any circumstance.

• Like 1

I would ask him if you need to know and sometimes I have had the conversation about real life info.  If you are with a male or female in SL its very nice to know the guy is a guy or girl a girl even if you never meet them in RL.  You feel you can connect, share info and  talk.  

I try to keep RL out as much as I can.  It breaks the immersive feeling I have when I am in world.  And I really want that.  I won't lie, and I will say enough that there are no misunderstandings, but I really want as little RL as possible.