Sign in to follow this  
KarraSue

Deleting old versions of Firestorm

I have the latest Firestorm version, but I still have the beta version of 6.0.2.56580 still on my machine. Can I delete that beta version, without affecting the newest one I just downloaded?

I'll defer to Whirly when she sees this, but as far as I can see you should be able to uninstall the Beta without it having any deleterious effect on 6.2.4.  I'd backup my settings before you do just to be super-sure.

2 hours ago, KarraSue said:

I have the latest Firestorm version, but I still have the beta version of 6.0.2.56580 still on my machine. Can I delete that beta version, without affecting the newest one I just downloaded?

Hello KarraSue - 

FS Version 6.0.2. is not a beta viewer. It's a full animesh release from February 2019.

In all likelihood you have installed the SL/OS version whereas FS Version 6.2.4. is for SL only (because they install to different "channels" folders).

If you do not visit grids other than Second Life, it is safe to uninstall FS Version 6.0.2. 

• Like 1

My bad, the beta I really meant was 6.0.1 56538, I never did use it, just installed it

6 hours ago, KarraSue said:

There was one BETA recently (not a typical FS thing) that installed ALONGSIDE the  regular version and we had to download the "real" one when it came out  as the beta timed out.  Easiest way to get info on this is from the INWORLD Firestorm group (see the Help tab in the viewer). OR you could look back in the blog of the FS viewer. There aren't posts that often so it should be fairly easy to find that info.

Good luck.