Borelek

Reasons Why RP sims fail.

I'm under the influence enough to post this, I guess. This is a conversation I had recently.

Me: So gather 'round, kiddies, and I will tell you of the cardinal sins of SL RP. There are four of them, and there is not a SINGLE SIM that does not suffer from one or all of them; and one is all it takes to kill RP. They are tavern syndrome, GM dependency, irrational grief-phobia, and conflict avoidance.

Me: There's a reason everyone talks sh*t on D&D games that begin with 'you all start in a tavern', but at least there you've got a DM to actually make things happen and move stuff along.

Me: GM dependency means that, unless a GM is on and active, you might as well not even bother going to the SIM because you'll probably just end up... guess where! It starts with a 'T' and ends with an 'avern.' No one really shows much initiative or proactiveness in RP anymore. No one has any ideas so they stand around waiting for one to walk up to them. That's why most RP SIMs are avatar parking lots.

Me: Irrational grief-phobia is mostly aimed at RP SIMs that don't allow rezzing. Griefing would totally be a valid concern. If it were 2012. No one cares about SL anymore. There are RP SIMs with 30k+ traffic that allow open rezzing and they're totally fine. The sky is not raining Marios. Everyone is not exploding. When you don't allow rezzing, all you're doing is limiting your RPers. This actively contributes to tavern syndrome and characters not wandering around, because they HAVE to go to those specific spots because that's where the interactables were placed.

Me: At that point you might as well tear down the whole SIM and just make it those few spots.

D: hum... I'm sort of OK with them not allowing rezzing.  Prim counts can be a problem on large sims

Me: No need wasting prim space on roads no one will ever walk down and corners no one will ever use.

D: depends on the set-up.  One I'm in allows rezzing after you're in main group, but not open rez

Me (responding to uncopied comment about autoreturn times): I've been to some with less, and less isn't too bad. Sometimes. Point is, no one goes around rezzing entire cities or EXTREME prim heavy *****. They rez what they need where they need it. Maybe a bed or a few poseballs. Some props and HUDs require rezzing. When it's not allowed, you've doomed dynamic and spontaneous interaction. People then HAVE to gather around the spots you've set for them.

Me: See, that's totally fine. No open rezzing, rezzing for group only.

Me: No rezzing for anyone? That's baaad.

Me: Conflict avoidance is less aimed at how a SIM is run and more towards how most players behave these days. No one starts sh*t. Nothing happens. Not every scene needs conflict, but when you don't have it, all you're left with is exposition. Conflict is what makes a story interesting. Maybe they're afraid of losing, they don't want to see anything bad happen to their characters. They shouldn't be.

Me: And those are the four cardinal sins of SL RP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hmm, that's quite amusing. No really it is ...

A Tavern is nothing more than a meeting space, a place to go and potentially meet new people. Nothing more, nothing less.

A GM/DM is not required whatsoever when it comes to most RP - they're only truly useful for events and more complex conflict resolution.

Griefing may not happen often anymore but do not delude yourself into thinking it is no longer a concern, not to mention the simple fact that having build rights in an RP Sim simply is not a requirement unless you're looking for combat - projectile based or not. Considering that one of your "cardinal sins" involves conflict ... Well that says quite a bit now doesn't it?

That does indeed bring us to conflict avoidance: Simply put, there are many forms of "conflict" that could occur but from the description you've written here the type you seem to mean most often ends in some sort of fight, be it verbal or physical and quite frankly such simply does not need to be the case.Conflicts can be very subtle - so subtle in fact that those on the outside may not even be aware that one exists! Conflict does not require two active participants either: A character can be opposed to the actions/ideology of another character with the second being rather oblivious and thus creating a one-sided conflict.

"But Solar, such a thing isn't a conflict at all!"

Oh? Play things right - or someone rather observant comes along - and it may well boil over or be brought into the open.

Being rather blunt: Unless you're on twenty four hours a day, seven days a week or otherwise somehow making logs of every interaction on a particular sim - assuming that the characters present are not used elsewhere with their stories being appended/combined between the differing locations - you have no idea what goes on when you are not there/what you may simply be missing.

Edited by Solar Legion
Minor Spelling Correction
  • Like 2

Incorrect on pretty much all accounts! No wonder SL RP is dead.

When no one ever leaves your 'meeting space', that's an issue.

Without a GM present to direct things, players stay idle. It is the player's innate behavior that facilitates this, not the GM's necessity.

Rezzing exists for more than combat.

A one-sided conflict seems fairly boring! Can you outline a scenario in which the 'offended' party does not actively oppose the actions/ideology of the party in question that would lead to RP? Even 'boiling over' would suggest that eventually action is taken.

Being rather blunt: No one is missing anything. Nothing happens in SL.

• Haha 1

As for the "Reasons Why RP sims fail" - if by "fail" one simply means why they end up closing then truthfully one can only state a single reason, the owner simply did not want to continue to keep it running. The why behind it is wholly situational/subjective and thus utterly irrelevant.

If one means "fail" as in not attracting any players or losing what players one had then we go even further into the territory of the subjective and quite honestly such a "failure" does not mean all that much when compared to the above.

In the end the only real "success" or "failure" metric that matters is if the one owning/operating the sim believes it is worth their time and money to keep the sim open for use. The rest is simply popularity and frankly that is a horrible metric.

You may require a GM to direct you - that does not mean that all players require such direction.

Rezzing outside of a rented space or for the use of weapons is not required for much of anything whatsoever and while there may be exceptions, these are very few and far between.

I'm not going to hold your hand and outline how such a conflict functions outside of noting that such a conflict boiling over does not require or suggest any action being taken - do recall that I explicitly stated that a conflict can be verbal as well.

SL RP is not "dead" - it simply does not meet your expectations. I dare say that you'd have similar views of older chat system based RP.

Again, rezzing exists for more than the use of weapons and combat-related function. For example. literally anything you would like to use an animation for. Unless the SIM owner has placed exactly the animation you would like to use in exactly the coordinates you would like to use it at, you're kind of out of luck! When you don't allow rezzing, you are taking away player agency.

How does verbal conflict not fall under the classification of conflict?

I dare say you have a rather limited and boring definition of RP!

• Haha 1

Read my posts again. And again. And again.

You will note quite clearly that I did not state anywhere that a verbal conflict does not fall under "conflict" - in short you can drop that notion.

You will also note in my more recent response that I stated one does not have very many reasons to allow players to build outside of an area they have rented or for places which allow combat. You seem to be under the rather mistaken belief that an individual player requires the ability to build in order to play an animation: They do not and never have - you can play an animation from a scripted HUD or even directly from your inventory (as either local or visible to all around you) - do familiarize yourself with the software).

Boring? Yet another expression that shows you are more of an action oriented player - a very narrow mindset for SL RP, chat RP .... really RP in general.

Perhaps you'd be better suited to something like Neverwinter or even World of Warcraft if you find a lack of action or of your personal view of "conflict" to be "boring" ... or perhaps stick to Pen and Paper/Live Action RP, DM led/guided sessions.

• Like 2

Funny, since you certainly seem to limit my definition to the realm of the physical!

Perhaps you should read my posts again. There are absolutely HUDs that require rezzing. Can you name any that do not? Project Sex is the only one that currently comes to mind. If you cannot think of very many reasons for rezzing in an RP SIM, you do not have a very active imagination! Or a very scant inventory. Since you are so familiar with the software, do detail how I could animate my avatar as well as another, in sync, with animations that could not be copied over to a multitool, without rezzing, when no comparable animation has been placed in the location I wish to use.

And yet again you've fostered your own view of 'conflict' over my own, which is simply conflict. Why, it's almost as if you're actually the one with a very narrow mindset! How peculiar.

• Haha 1

Do not move the goalposts: You mentioned nothing whatsoever in your prior post about animating more than yourself. In fact your exact words were

1 hour ago, IsabelCorrigan said:

literally anything you would like to use an animation for

which includes personal animations. As for HUD based animators, that one has not been developed outside of more Adult oriented actions does not mean that the option is not available - it simply means that no one has bothered to take the time to code it up - meaning no one sees it as all that high of a priority.

Not requiring the use of rez rights means nothing whatsoever where one's imagination is concerned - to say nothing of the fact that this is twice now that you have tried to attack such, enough. All you're doing with that is showcasing your own issues.

Furthermore the entire tone and content of your more recent response reads as if you were bored and simply looking for an argument - sorry, not in the mood for such a thing and since you'd made the attempt to move the goalposts already .... to say nothing of the fact that you rather utterly ignored the suggestions to try Neverwinter (which is an MMO) or WoW (again, MMO) and put your focus on the suggestions for Pen and Paper or LARP ...

Your very first response to me contained a request that boiled down to an assumption that conflict has to result in some form of action, the idea that a conflict could take place that does not require the direct action or interaction of another party being treated as an utterly alien concept by you. Simply put, conflict of any sort is not a requirement for an "interesting" Role Play - be it a singular session, a continued story line or the environment itself (part of your criteria concerning a "successful" RP sim).

I'm not here to attempt to change your mind nor am I here to hold your hand. My initial response showcases quite well why I bothered to respond in the first place, your responses have done little more than showcase your belief that what you have expressed is The Truth despite it being quite far from it.  And yes, that is exactly how you have come off.

Not everyone RPs for "conflict" and frankly most RPers online do not require GM/DM supervision to make play "interesting" for them. That you require such means this is what you are used to - this is fine but do not treat it as the norm or some gold standard.

Have a pleasant day.

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Do not move the goalposts: You mentioned nothing whatsoever in your prior post about animating more than yourself. In fact your exact words were

which includes personal animations.

It also includes other things as well!

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Not requiring the use of rez rights means nothing whatsoever where one's imagination is concerned

Indeed. That's why I do most of my RPing on other platforms these days. SL is fairly dead, which is a shame!

Sorry, goalposts are stuck firm where I originally planted them, despite your consternation. Read over my posts again.

6 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

assumption that conflict has to result in some form of action

Fact, not assumption. Re-read my post addressing one-sided conflicts.

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

conflict of any sort is not a requirement for an "interesting" Role Play

3 hours ago, IsabelCorrigan said:

Not every scene needs conflict

It's almost like I never said it was. Just thought I'd add a helpful quote! You seem to be having problems following along. 

12 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

(part of your criteria concerning a "successful" RP sim).

I think you're confusing me with another poster!

14 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Not everyone RPs for "conflict"

Most don't, I would say!

13 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

That you require such means

Oh my, more projecting.

You too! :)

Conversations like the one above cause me to wonder why some people even bother to log in, much less engage in RP.

A medieval sim without a tavern is not a complete medieval sim. Taverns weren't just gathering places, they were also inns for travelers. Deal with it or don't roleplay.

If you want an RP sim run your way, you can buy your own region and set it up your way. Then when it fails like all the rest, you can come back here and piss and moan about it.

• Like 4

You know, when I first came to SL, I thought this must be THE place for roleplay, all the cool possibilities... and then I got REALLY dissapointed.
I think the number one  reason why RP sims fail are the players themselves. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, IsabelCorrigan said:

Funny, since you certainly seem to limit my definition to the realm of the physical!

Perhaps you should read my posts again. There are absolutely HUDs that require rezzing. Can you name any that do not? Project Sex is the only one that currently comes to mind. If you cannot think of very many reasons for rezzing in an RP SIM, you do not have a very active imagination! Or a very scant inventory. Since you are so familiar with the software, do detail how I could animate my avatar as well as another, in sync, with animations that could not be copied over to a multitool, without rezzing, when no comparable animation has been placed in the location I wish to use.

And yet again you've fostered your own view of 'conflict' over my own, which is simply conflict. Why, it's almost as if you're actually the one with a very narrow mindset! How peculiar.

It's really quite simple. RP regions do not need to provide you with a place to rez your HUD to add anims to it. That is what sandboxes are for if you don't have your own land or rent from the RP region.

RP regions are for roleplay, not building. The only reason to allow rezzing is so players can use props and only if they are the kind of props that must be rezzed and can't be attached. Those kinds of props are usually removed once the scene(s) are completed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

You know, when I first came to SL, I thought this must be THE place for roleplay, all the cool possibilities... and then I got REALLY dissapointed.

Indeed, that does contribute rather heavily: Eventually the sim owner will get tired of having no one show up or will get tired of players complaining (be it "nothing to do" or even the ever tired "it's so boring here") and simply shut down.

Funnily enough there is at least one example I can cite of an RP environment (or at least RP friendly) that still exists and has existed for a good many years, despite the apparent lack of any players (and no, I do not mean the Cyberpunk styled city that recently came to the forum for financial help) - Isle of Wyrms and the surrounding sims are all RP/RP friendly environments with a few areas being exceptions. These areas even include a tavern - The World's End.

From all appearances, some play still goes on around those regions though I personally have no clue when active players are actually present as I do not make it a habit of going there.

Furthermore, more Adult oriented RP regions fare far better - for the most part - than ones that do not allow for such activities, though there are exceptions to this (a 'personal' example being the sim a former pet of mine co-owns, Aerie Isle) with such exceptions more or less being due to a lack of advertisement or visibility coupled with the more often usual nature of such sims: When starting out and even much later on such places tend to have frequent visits by those looking for a quickie or taking their most recent partner there simply for the scenery or to explore and engage in less titillating RP. I've seen this first hand with the above mentioned sim honestly ... People pop in, look around the landing area, scan for other people that they might like a romp with and then kust leave without so much as bothering to poke around much.

It's honestly somewhat disappointing when this happens as such places have more to offer than just the Adult items near the landing point or strewn about the sim - assuming a person even cares to go looking around.

Personally I'm freeform enough with my RP that the current environment doesn't matter much to me outside of what forms they allow on sim. Heck I do better when given the freedom to appear however I please and to be whatever I please (there is a difference between the two as an avatar's outward appearance only tells you what they appear to be). I don't engage in play that requires a combat meter (I find such to be boring and all too often restrictive) and I tend to avoid places that restrict by species or similar (restrictive). Most any conflicts my character has are verbal  or one-sided and said character is right at home being part of the background most of the time - heck out at the earlier mentioned sim you can more often find him behind the bar at the on site lounge, sitting in a chair somewhere in the castle or warming his hand paws at a beach bonfire - in all instances rather happily just watching anyone that happens to be nearby.

One of the biggest similarities in these types of thread honestly seems to be that those complaining get "bored" far too easily and/or require far too much stimulation to keep them engaged ... The sort that honestly almost requires the sort of hand holding a GM/DM would give them and that's ... Well it's sad to be honest.

Gah, sorry I am now ranting a bit and have only barely finished my first cup of coffee for the day. I'll be back soonish I suppose and if any of you end up interested in exploring the Isle .. well I dropped the exact name in so it'll e easy to find on the map. If I'm on and present, feel free to poke/ask to be shown around. I'd name drop the co-owner but that'd be skirting a line or two in the forum here but ya can't really miss her - nearly everything set out on the sim is stuff she's bought and set down.

Edited to add: While mixing up my current cup of coffee I thought a bit more on this thread and the reasons why - outside of being financially unable to do so - I have not bothered to set up a sim of my own and honestly ... it boils down to how fickle and scatterbrained many SL RPers can seem to be. I'd be perfectly content to have a place of my own even if it was lucky to have a single visitor every few months simply because I'd have the freedom to outfit the place as I saw fit. I mean sure, I have a Linden Home and rent a 4096 on a private Island but ... Honestly that's rather limiting as I can't set either place up in a way that is even close to how I'd like to ... and I'm rambling again! Sorry!

Take care for now all!

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 4:35 PM, Minx Kurosawa said:

Not just that ... most fantasy sims were only focused on one thing. " adult content". I mean no creativity, no story line  just full out XXX rated. That gets kinda boring overtime.   The only time an orc captured you was to be a S*x Sl*ve. like... come on.... that's just ughhh

This. We need more variety. Last i checked the game is called Second Life, not Sl*t Life.

Edited by chaosninja7

13 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

One of the biggest similarities in these types of thread honestly seems to be that those complaining get "bored" far too easily and/or require far too much stimulation to keep them engaged ... The sort that honestly almost requires the sort of hand holding a GM/DM would give them and that's ... Well it's sad to be honest.

I kinda agree with that, but it also depends on why the player is bored. 

In the past I've joined sims that seemed free and easy in theory, but when it came down to day to day roleplay, the inner circle had very specific ideas of how everyone should play. The sim owners would say "it's player driven, you can play anything you want" while recruiting, and that's great. I can think of plenty of ideas for stories. Then after a few days that changes to "No, that kind of character can't do that. Maybe you can roleplay your way to do that within faction X" - which is controlled by an inner clique, who may or may not agree, and assuming you can even find them online.

If you're waiting days to talk to a faction lead about a story idea or need to have every petty thing pre-approved (once I was scolded by a faction lead for not getting permission to borrow a crowbar to open a crate...), that's pretty legitimately boring. 

My advice to sim owners: Let people play what they want, and let them slug it out in roleplay as equals. 

Normally i do not rp on a sim, because is just boring, at least on the sims i may enjoy. in order of the most awfull to the better ones.

1)Gorean for my taste sucks fully

2) They have so many rules I cannot do anything of what i want to do (and i do not want to harras anyone).

3) they do not have any furniture and they do not allow rezing. (so you cant do much there)

4) the people are not the style i want (for example i do not like tg people that looks a mix between male and female) or there are some with power and all the others are powerless and those can do anything to the others or they are banned.

5) there are too many requirements like "you have to always be ready to fight even if you do not want"  or "you need this and that weapon". If i wanted to fight i will play some FP shooter not sl. (which in time it sucks as one).

6) then there are the ones that are good if not because they require you to not have any script at all to ridiculus amount (i had only one hud and was too much).

7) so the only ones are the free ones as scara brae where they have almost no requirements but then noone goes there.

So truly i just rp where i can with people i already know or i get from some place. do not try to find them on that sim or follow a sim because its useless.

I sometimes think on making my own but, I tried one and none even go to it so whats the point. (and cannot pay it as much either way)

but the only problem is that a lot is for money. if not the good designers will not be in either.

For example most places lag like hell now as everyone uses mesh and head bodies even if in comparation they suck. why because they want to see themselves beautiful but not care on how bad it makes to move or do anything.

I still have a good body but normal. and normal clothes.

Edited by Fox Paragorn
forgot some part

18 hours ago, Fox Paragorn said:

there are some with power and all the others are powerless and those can do anything to the others or they are banned.

And along these lines, there are those fantasy sims with all the different demons and fantasy characters, mixed with humans and... there are never any humans, only demons and fantasy creatures. Ugh. I like to go to those as a plain weakling human - still mostly ignored as I go about trying to role-play because the established players are cliquish at best.

• Like 2

On September 4, 2019 at 11:19 AM, Sukubia Scarmon said:

This reminds me of an Adam Sandler skit from last season's SNL.  Sad-you from your home town will still be sad-you on a gondola in Italy, is the long and short of it; you don't suddenly change into a decent person when going on vacation OR when logging in to SL to deal with others.  The analogy holds; unable-to-problem-solve Jack on the couch will still be unable-to-problem-solve Jack in character online and no costume will alter that.  And because "Jack" can't solve problems like an adult, he makes enemies wherever he goes and poisons the pool of creativity wherever he drinks.  This is true IC and OOC because Jack is Jack and he lives in a world filled with Jacks.  I one hundred percent agree that the players themselves kill RP and its regions.

There is at least one recipe for a successful RP group online. 

- a group of friends who are like-minded and at the same maturity level intellectually and emotionally (they trust each other easily, are all officers of the same RP group and know not to jeopardize the sanctity of the group by admitting unvetted strangers)

- weekly or bi-weekly meetings in character, no ooc or pre-amble, just logging in, taking your place, ........and ACTION

- dedicated land built for the task; group-rez rights enabled; most decor and usable props already provided so very little left to rez (land need be not very large at all... A 512 plot or a 5000 plot, it's all a stage if you think it is)

- no warning as to whether a roleplayer within this group of friends will play an unexpected alt one day or several meetings in a row  (to mix things up a little... Nobody knows whose alt, only that it is part of the group installed by one of its officers and therefore trustworthy)

- no danger of high-stakes plotlines being mistaken for ooc-grief; themes and stories can just simply play out at full volume among the trustworthy and skilled players who are as invested in the story as each other.

I know because I am part of such a group and it is most gratifying. (Though lately we're on a break and just writing fanfic til the next story rears it's head.) 

Edited by Clarrellae
Spellings booboos

On 9/7/2019 at 9:26 AM, Clarrellae said:

- a group of friends who are like-minded and at the same maturity level intellectually and emotionally (they trust each other easily, are all officers of the same RP group and know not to jeopardize the sanctity of the group by admitting unvetted strangers)

Are you aware you just described a clique?

clique
/klēk,klik/
noun

1. a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.

That right there is what kills most RPs and is the number one reason I stopped roleplaying. Cliques.

Cliques are roleplay killers because they don't allow new players with fresh ideas in. Cliques lead to stagnation and stagnation kills regions.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Are you aware you just described a clique?

That right there is what kills most RPs and is the number one reason I stopped roleplaying. Cliques.

Cliques are roleplay killers because they don't allow new players with fresh ideas in. Cliques lead to stagnation and stagnation kills regions.

I am 🤟

However, "clique" is not the enemy here, at least in my group of friends.  We were obviously (and cruelly in some cases) made very unwelcome in various public-accessible places. Rather than repeatedly force ourselves on the general public, which serves nobody, we keep to ourselves and make good game with people we enjoy spending time with, on our own land. 

Cliques forced upon the general population that enjoy the act of exclusion, that's no fun and I agree with you that it's a sim-killer.  That's not our style.

Edit: also there is something missing from that dictionary definition about context; since our group forms 100% of the population of the plot of land we play on, rather than "clique" we're actually the general population.  Cliques can only be said to exist, really, if there are people nearby who are excluded. 

Edited by Clarrellae
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

I am 🤟

However, "clique" is not the enemy here, at least in my group of friends.  We were obviously (and cruelly in some cases) made very unwelcome in various public-accessible places. Rather than repeatedly force ourselves on the general public, which serves nobody, we keep to ourselves and make good game with people we enjoy spending time with, on our own land. 

Cliques forced upon the general population that enjoy the act of exclusion, that's no fun and I agree with you that it's a sim-killer.  That's not our style.

Edit: also there is something missing from that dictionary definition about context; since our group forms 100% of the population of the plot of land we play on, rather than "clique" we're actually the general population.  Cliques can only be said to exist, really, if there are people nearby who are excluded. 

The cliques I ran into were all RP cliques (some might call them factions) in RP regions. And they are in every RP region I have been to/participated in RP at. I have even watched them form on new RP regions. Every clique I have run into has been the same. They exclude anyone that doesn't follow them like sheeples and "worship them like gods". Which means me. Every. Time. And includes your group, sorry to say.

Even the "light RP" regions have a problem with cliques, although it is not as predominant.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Every clique I have run into has been the same. They exclude anyone that doesn't follow them like sheeples and "worship them like gods". Which means me. Every. Time. And includes your group, sorry to say.

That can't be further from the truth. First, we have never encountered each other in roleplay. Second, our philosophy -- to a person, each one of us -- is a "play and let play" philosophy, which is what separated us in the first place.  

You may have come across many people who made you feel like an outsider or who expected worship. I have too and it doesn't feel very good. But projecting that vile philosophy onto me or any of my friends... well, it is unacceptable.  It is not who we are, we've never even met you in roleplay, and therefore you can have it back to use on someone else more worthy.

2 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

That can't be further from the truth.

You are telling me I am lying about my RP experiences. I haven't lied. Nor have I projected anything. You misunderstood what I said. I never said any of the things you are accusing me of. What I was saying is that I would fully expect to get the same kind of treatment from all RP groups because that has been my experience. Every. Single. Time.

Calling me a liar is unacceptable.

I think cliques are a two sided sword.

I've done mostly walk-up RP in WoW, I know it's ups and downs quite well - I understand the need to keep people out of your roleplay because they could potentially ruin everything. There are many different approaches to RP, and not all of them are compatible with each other. Ignorance about that from one or both parties can lead to a lot of grief and drama, that is what most cliques try to keep out. The unpredictability of people you do not know.

On the other side, I've been ignored by cliques, and I've been ignored because I belonged to the wrong guilds. I even got told with some character that the person who played with me for a little while "Won't play with that character anymore when you join *that* guild, even though I really enjoy playing with you." I told her that's childish and moved on - because ultimately, it's their loss, never mine. 

• Like 3