AnneBardot

A question for catwa head users.

46 minutes ago, AnneBardot said:

Um...what are a pros and cons of having a catwa head?

I just want to know.

For me, it's solely because there are about a hundred times more skins and makeups available for Catwa compared to other heads. The skin I wanted is only available in Catwa.

• Like 1

I have the Catya Catwa head and I find that lots of skins look good on it and there is lots of variety for it.  I also love the animations on this head.    Cons would be the cost and the alpha cuts on the demos.  I just hate that, I want to see the whole face.

The important thing really is to demo demo demo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, karynmaria said:

the alpha cuts on the demos.  I just hate that, I want to see the whole face.

The alpha cuts are minimal at best (a thin stripe cut out on both the forehead and the chin) and they are present on the demos to prevent copybotting/theft.

As an aside: the cost is comparable with that of most other Bento mesh heads (unless the other heads are being discounted in a limited-time sale), and actually cheaper than the other 'big name' brand that's currently popular. Catwa also offers non-Bento heads that start at L$900.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have 2 Catwa heads (not worn concurrently, though *g*). I tried a Genus demo head, the other day, but the HUD, let's just say it's rather confusing. :)

And of the Catwa heads, Catya is, by far, the most supported by creators around SL.

Edited by kiramanell

Posted (edited)

I had finally just taken the leap into mesh heads last Christmas thinking they were modifiable like the Maitreya mesh body is.  

I bought Strawberry from Catwa and she is rather difficult to shape around the lips.

If you take a look on MP, there are hardly any shapes for the Catwa Strawberry head.  

It is not a head I would recommend, although I have been working on shapes for Strawberry as best I could.

What I really want is a lipstick that will give my Strawberry head a defined upper lip instead of a unilip.  

The Catwa lipsticks it comes with just give Strawberry a unilip.  I found Izzie Button's lipsticks give my Strawberry head a bit of a lip bow, so I am happy for that but still would like it better.

I wish I had known more about mesh heads before buying.

Still though I think I would have chosen Catwa because I like the look the best as well as I liked the options BUT I wish I had bought Catya.     

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The alpha cuts are minimal at best (a thin stripe cut out on both the forehead and the chin) and they are present on the demos to prevent copybotting/theft.

As an aside: the cost is comparable with that of most other Bento mesh heads (unless the other heads are being discounted in a limited-time sale), and actually cheaper than the other 'big name' brand that's currently popular. Catwa also offers non-Bento heads that start at L$900.

I agree that the cuts on the demo are minimal and yes most heads are around the same price, however some creators now have it where you can buy the head and hud separately and if you want more heads they are cheaper cause you only have to buy the hud once.    At the end of the day those were really the only things that I would consider a con (or in my case maybe nitpicking) , because the head is just lovely and there are way more pros about the head.   I bought the Catya head anyways despite these two things and it really is one of my favorite heads :).

Posted (edited)

Animations. Number of makeup layers and the save slots for each type.  Overall shape--more hair fits. Responsiveness of the HUD. 

Edited by cicelydawn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I had finally just taken the leap into mesh heads last Christmas thinking they were modifiable like the Maitreya mesh body is.  

I bought Strawberry from Catwa and she is rather difficult to shape around the lips.

If you take a look on MP, there are hardly any shapes for the Catwa Strawberry head.  

It is not a head I would recommend, although I have been working on shapes for Strawberry as best I could.

What I really want is a lipstick that will give my Strawberry head a defined upper lip instead of a unilip.  

The Catwa lipsticks it comes with just give Strawberry a unilip.  I found Izzie Button's lipsticks give my Strawberry head a bit of a lip bow, so I am happy for that but still would like it better.

I wish I had known more about mesh heads before buying.

Still though I think I would have chosen Catwa because I like the look the best as well as I liked the options BUT I wish I had bought Catya.     

I had the same issue, buying the Lee Catwa head. There's almost nothing out there for Lee: it's all Catya. So, I got a Catya head too.  But I bought Lee because I like the way she looks. And that's perhaps what counts most, really. Even though there's considerably more out there for Catya, I'm just sticking with Lee for the moment.

11 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I had the same issue, buying the Lee Catwa head. There's almost nothing out there for Lee: it's all Catya. So, I got a Catya head too.  But I bought Lee because I like the way she looks. And that's perhaps what counts most, really. Even though there's considerably more out there for Catya, I'm just sticking with Lee for the moment.

Great, yeah...perhaps I'd call the other Catwa heads "exotic" heads.  I will eventually buy Catya too because the lip can be shaped so many different ways whereas Strawberry cannot.

I just thought Strawberry came with newer teeth as the photo shows a lot of teeth BUT the teeth are hard to fit too if you want a more original shape that you make.  

I just thought that all the heads were fully modifiable like the Maitreya mesh body BUT each had a few little extras like I thought Strawberry had different teeth.  Since my classic was all modifiable and my mesh body all modifiable...I just thought all the heads were too. 

So, the thing to remember is the heads are partially modifiable.  Catya seems to be able to modified for the most variety.   

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1