Help and Info to get a new Linden Home (or try to!)

Raevyn Addams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

think its something else, but not going to write it .. stepped too often on some sensitive toes in this section.:SwingingFriends:

We are humans behind these keyboards too.  Being antagonistic does not further your request.

To confirm, the reason it will not get a sticky is due to the suggestion of automation against our systems and the strain it was causing.  We had to make changes to protect our systems against that once already, and we'd like to not have to re-visit that.

If someone would like to re-create a cleaned up version of this, I'd certainly entertain putting a sticky on it for a while.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

We are humans behind these keyboards too.  Being antagonistic does not further your request.

To confirm, the reason it will not get a sticky is due to the suggestion of automation against our systems and the strain it was causing.  We had to make changes to protect our systems against that once already, and we'd like to not have to re-visit that.

If someone would like to re-create a cleaned up version of this, I'd certainly entertain putting a sticky on it for a while.  🙂

thanks for a answer ,  it has nothing to do with antagonistic. The request was already done august 10th by multiple people , with no reply at all.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:36 PM, Patch Linden said:

This is good to know, thank you @Patch Linden. 😁👍

I've just returned from a break, so if it hasn't been done already I could recreate the thread, but if someone else has beaten me to it that's good too. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

This is good to know, thank you @Patch Linden. 😁👍

I've just returned from a break, so if it hasn't been done already I could recreate the thread, but if someone else has beaten me to it that's good too. 

I have not seen a modified version of the thread that does not reference the 'automatic refresh' process.  

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!  I am using the Auto Refresher but the alarm doesn't go off when Bellisseria shows up. I set it to alarm when Bellisseria becomes available but nothing happens.  Any tips/advice? 

Edited by MsAfrodite

On 6/29/2020 at 1:06 PM, MsAfrodite said:

Hi Everyone!  I am using the Auto Refresher but the alarm doesn't go off when Bellisseria shows up. I set it to alarm when Bellisseria becomes available but nothing happens.  Any tips/advice? 

I don’t use the auto refresher any more. I feel that by the time the alarm would sound, the house would be gone. I’d rather not know that I  missed another house. I log into the land page and pull down the drop down menu to make sure that Bellisseria isn’t hiding there. I lock In a name by moving to the next page and click on the “change” link. That way I don’t waste time typing  in a name. It should stay locked in, even if you log out and back in. If you get the 10 time refresh limit, you can log out and back in, and begin the process again. Most of my great catches are through stumbling into a release or a wonderful abandon. Like most of the players, I usually share my triumphs, not defeats. Believe me, there are many more defeats in my teleport history than triumphs. 

• Like 2

You'll only have to use the drop down if the previous home you claimed was one of the older ones OR if you typed in a name on one of the older ones and proceeded to the next page to lock the name in.

I've found that I can type in a nonsense name and click Next faster than I can click the drop-down, click Bellisseria and then click Next. Therefore, I don't bother with pre-populating the name anymore.

• Like 4

I think for awhile during the log homes release, Bellisseria defaulted to the top. Everybody has their different methods that work for them. Mine is slow and steady wins the race. I don’t want to go back to frantically smashing my keyboard like last year. I’m usually surprised that I land a house at all, because I’m not a fast clicker. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Honestly I've never had a problem getting a home in the last few months and even gave them back and tried again. Not sure what the secret is. Maybe the time I did it? but I've tried all different times and still never had any issues.  The only problem I had was going for the same type of house right after I abandoned one and getting the same one so I've learned to wait a bit.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.