Need help w teleporter that wants uuid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got an object that is a teleporter. It has a notecard in which you can put uuids for it to work. It won't work if you put a slurl in there (tried). I looked on the wiki and it's not clear how to get the uuid of the location I want to load into the teleporter and it also said uuid's are unique and only exist at one time. Any ideas?

I don't think locations have a UUID. Objects, however, do. I guess what that script is looking for is the UUID of an object at the target location. Which will, presumably, be the UUID of another teleporter object.

I don't see an obvious way of getting the UUID of an object in the SL viewer, though Firestorm has a Copy Keys button in the edit floater that'll probably do it.

This script, when dropped into an object that you can edit, will report that object's key:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llOwnerSay (llGetObjectName () + "'s key is: " + (string) llGetKey () + ".");
        llRemoveInventory (llGetScriptName ());
    }
}

Edited by KT Kingsley
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

I don't think locations have a UUID. Objects, however, do. I guess what that script is looking for is the UUID of an object at the target location. Which will, presumably, be the UUID of another teleporter object.

I don't see an obvious way of getting the UUID of an object in the SL viewer, though Firestorm has a Copy Keys button in the edit floater that'll probably do it.

This script, when dropped into an object that you can edit, will report that object's key:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llOwnerSay (llGetObjectName () + "'s key is: " + (string) llGetKey () + ".");
        llRemoveInventory (llGetScriptName ());
    }
}

Thanks. I dropped that script into a tp object at a dif location then loaded that id into the uuid script in the teleporter I'm trying to get to work. I reset the scripts in that. When I touched it, a msg popped up that said "touch and select reset." I did that. Then it said looking for NC in inventory. But, when I touch the teleporter, it just brings up the mod menu and not a location destination.

You are not giving us much info to work with. You do not mention which teleporter it is (name and creator), you do not mention what the notecard is called, you do not mention if the teleporter came with a manual, etc. etc. 

Having said that, I can only imagine a few of the following use cases for a UUID in a teleporter:

- It needs the UUID of a second teleporter in the region or parcel, which IMO would be odd, but a script can be made to work that way.

- It's a private teleporter and by default blocks all users from using it. It requires a list of user UUIDs to allow those users to use the teleporter.

... or it is possible that you are misinterpreting what that notecard is for.

My advice, chuck that teleporter and get another one.

• Like 1

The teleporter is from a n c. It's called Looking Glass Magic Mirror. The included instructions say this:

*HOW TO USE*
Put as may LMs as you like to use for this mirror teleporter inside it.
Rewrite the notecard inside this mirror as the permitted users' UUID list.
Then reset the mirror's script.

-touch dialog (OWNER ONLY)-
To show the setting dialog, RIGHT CLICK and select TOUCH from the pie menu.
reset - reset all settings.
    (access OWNER, shape A, magic ON)
access:
    owner - only the owner can use this mirror.
    group - Group member(s) can use this mirror.
    UUID - reads the first NC found in the inventory. the NC must contain one or more UUID(s).
                the mirror searches the sitter's UUID within the NC list,
                then if it finds the UUID, the mirror let the sitter use it.
                􀀀
    anyone - all the avatars can use this mirror.
shape:
    shape A - opens its leg.
    shape B - closes its leg.

======================
3steps!

1.set LM to object (as many LMs as you like)
2.script reset
3.sit & choose TP

======================

thank you for playing
anc by aki69
script by kyrie. *.:+*Holy+Sun*+:.*

The teleporter is from a n c. It's called Looking Glass Magic Mirror. The included instructions say this:

*HOW TO USE*
Put as may LMs as you like to use for this mirror teleporter inside it.
Rewrite the notecard inside this mirror as the permitted users' UUID list.
Then reset the mirror's script.

-touch dialog (OWNER ONLY)-
To show the setting dialog, RIGHT CLICK and select TOUCH from the pie menu.
reset - reset all settings.
    (access OWNER, shape A, magic ON)
access:
    owner - only the owner can use this mirror.
    group - Group member(s) can use this mirror.
    UUID - reads the first NC found in the inventory. the NC must contain one or more UUID(s).
                the mirror searches the sitter's UUID within the NC list,
                then if it finds the UUID, the mirror let the sitter use it.
                􀀀
    anyone - all the avatars can use this mirror.
shape:
    shape A - opens its leg.
    shape B - closes its leg.

======================
3steps!

1.set LM to object (as many LMs as you like)
2.script reset
3.sit & choose TP

======================

thank you for playing
anc by aki69
script by kyrie. *.:+*Holy+Sun*+:.*

Oh, wait. I think I did it wrong. I think I can drag a LM into the contents of the object. I only need to add uuids if I want to limit access to a limited set of avis. Let me try dragging a LM into it to see if it works. I want access set to anyone anyway.

6 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Oh, wait. I think I did it wrong. I think I can drag a LM into the contents of the object. I only need to add uuids if I want to limit access to a limited set of avis. Let me try dragging a LM into it to see if it works. I want access set to anyone anyway.

Well, it did say "Put as may LMs as you like to use for this mirror teleporter inside it." the NC that you wanted help with is only an access list as you are now correctly suspecting.

• Thanks 1

Ok. I loaded the LM into the contents of the teleporter. I then reset the scripts. After that, when I touch it, it does bring up a menu with location choices and the LM I added is in the menu. But, when I choose the destination from the menu, I do a little hopping thing then don't go anywhere. Access is set to anyone. A dialog shows up in local chat that says searching then has the LM that I loaded. But, not going anywhere. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Ok. I loaded the LM into the contents of the teleporter. I then reset the scripts. After that, when I touch it, it does bring up a menu with location choices and the LM I added is in the menu. But, when I choose the destination from the menu, I do a little hopping thing then don't go anywhere. Access is set to anyone. A dialog shows up in local chat that says searching then has the LM that I loaded. But, not going anywhere. Any thoughts?

Do make sure to put in more than one LM and see if it makes any difference which LM you try. All I know now is that you tried a single LM, which might as well be the LM to your current location.

Okay. Putting in another LM does make it show up in the menu once I touch the object. The same thing happens, the graphical spinning swirling stuff rotates around the object like it's working and I do a little hopping thing. But, I don't go anywhere. I thought maybe during the swirling I was supposed to touch it again but that just brings up the menu again.

Here's a clue. The first two LMs that I loaded were not in the same region. I loaded a LM that I created on the same parcel to see if maybe it's a limitation of how far the object can/will tp you. It did tp me to the location of the third LM that I had set (LM is in the same parcel). Since the instructions didn't say the LMs couldn't be somewhere else, I thought I could use LMs to other places in sl as long as I loaded the LM. Apparently, not so.

I looked up the mirror on the MP, and discovered that it's a gacha item.

Now, one last thing that you can try is take back the mirror and rez it again. Other than that, I would suggest contacting the creator about this product, because they know how it works and how it is supposed to work.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Okay, so I tried to contact the creator but got no response. I re-rezzed the object and it still didn't function. I also tried getting the uuid of an object as suggested and putting that in the notecard and it still doesn't work. 

Question: if I can mod the item, can anyone point me toward a script that would teleport someone to a location on same parcel on sit?

4 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Question: if I can mod the item, can anyone point me toward a script that would teleport someone to a location on same parcel on sit?

Here's one that I made. Just place the target location in the description field of the object (I use a ball, but you could use whatever, like a vase of flowers if you have it):

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSitTarget(<0.0, 0.0, 0.1>, ZERO_ROTATION);
    }

changed(integer change)
    {
        if(change & CHANGED_LINK) {
            key ID = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            vector target = (vector)llGetObjectDesc();
            if(target == ZERO_VECTOR) return;

if (ID)
            {
                vector pos=llGetPos();
                llSetRegionPos(target);
                llUnSit(ID);
                llSetRegionPos(pos);
                llResetScript(); // I forgot why I made it reset, it may be a remnant of a previous verion. LOL!
            }
        }
    }
}

Note that the teleport script was originally for my own use, which is why it makes you enter the target coordinates in the description field. 

Had I anticipated passing it on to someone else, I would have made it so that it would automatically find a second teleporter (for the trip back), or perhaps even made it so that it would find all teleporters so you could choose from a list. 
Of course, if you feel comfortable scripting, then you could do that yourself 🙂

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.