So, about those trailers...

Chronometria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so....it been a while since all those trailers was shown to us and the excitement definitely fading at dis point. There is a lot of us who gave up on trying to get the lands in Bellisseria and we is instead waiting for the trailer mass release, which is probably the only chance we got to actually get a linden home of the new sort.

And I not hearing anything about them anymore. So....when we gonna see all them trailers coming?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Ok, so....it been a while since all those trailers was shown to us and the excitement definitely fading at dis point. There is a lot of us who gave up on trying to get the lands in Bellisseria and we is instead waiting for the trailer mass release, which is probably the only chance we got to actually get a linden home of the new sort.

And I not hearing anything about them anymore. So....when we gonna see all them trailers coming?

'Soon'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I am happy with Soon, but they can still talk about it - there a remarkable lack of information about these trailers, even though the lab made big point of showing them all off. I wants to keep the hype train going, so folks who waiting for them still has hope.

• Like 1

I wonder what exactly people expect LL to say while the campers are still being worked on. We've been told they are coming and been shown what they will look like, and we can see for ourselves that areas are being set up for them to be installed. The only thing we don't know is a release date, and I doubt they are going to play guessing games with that and then have to listen to a flood of complaints if there is an unexpected delay.

Soooo, what should they be saying?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I know there was a lot of last minute doing with them to have something ready to show for the SLB, they were not by any means ready or final, atlest most of them weren't. There was clear issues with continuity and optimization, and getting those trailers all worked out correctly, revised/fixed several times, and approved would definetly take some time.

They been working on the SSP couple regions in what appears to be a slow pace, would think they are in the process of getting the final concept ready so they can just work the same thing across the continent. Regions are already there to start placing them down, just empty at the moment.

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I wonder what exactly people expect LL to say while the campers are still being worked on. We've been told they are coming and been shown what they will look like, and we can see for ourselves that areas are being set up for them to be installed. The only thing we don't know is a release date, and I doubt they are going to play guessing games with that and then have to listen to a flood of complaints if there is an unexpected delay.

Soooo, what should they be saying?

It not that hard to talk about the trailers in some way, they was happy to show them to us, after all. It interesting to consider how they is different to normal homes, and perhaps they could talk about how they gonna be set out, cos they not gonna be around roads like the houses are. We gonna get parks or forest areas for example? As to release dates, it possible to make a rough estimate for a date, within a month or so. It not the case that keeping quiet to avoid getting it wrong is the best idea. It quite possible to give an estimate date and to achieve that.

After all, they could have simply not announced the trailers at all, or shown them. They did so to increase interest and if they wants to do that, then it a process that needs a bit of a push at regular intervals, like spinning a plate. Even small information or a mention from time to time is a good thing and can be achieved without too much hassle or effort.

We loves the trailers and looks forward to them and wants to keep interest in them, both in ourselves and others.

• Like 1

They already answered most of that on their preview at the SLB. It is a "camp grounds" theme, forrest setting, camping feel. So there are trees, rivers, dirt paths, lots of nature. I would say the correct term for those are "campers" and not trailers, since trailers can give the idea of "trailer parks", and thats not it.

• Like 4

hehe, yep, I think it will be more along the lines of the older homestead locations in terms of layouts.  Dirt paths, wooded, etc.  

I doubt they would have anything like a trailer park, though.  (I live in a trailer park in RL and actually is pretty much like a normal neighborhood... Streets, etc.).

Edited by Chad Marbach
add quote

12 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

We loves the trailers and looks forward to them and wants to keep interest in them, both in ourselves and others.

Personally I think this is a good point; keeping interest alive is part of what blogs can achieve and maybe a weekly update with pictures or fun facts might help do that.  Who doesn't love fresh pictures in the blog-roll 👍

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

It not that hard to talk about the trailers in some way, they was happy to show them to us, after all. It interesting to consider how they is different to normal homes, and perhaps they could talk about how they gonna be set out, cos they not gonna be around roads like the houses are. We gonna get parks or forest areas for example? As to release dates, it possible to make a rough estimate for a date, within a month or so. It not the case that keeping quiet to avoid getting it wrong is the best idea. It quite possible to give an estimate date and to achieve that.

After all, they could have simply not announced the trailers at all, or shown them. They did so to increase interest and if they wants to do that, then it a process that needs a bit of a push at regular intervals, like spinning a plate. Even small information or a mention from time to time is a good thing and can be achieved without too much hassle or effort.

As Seba pointed out, we have already been shown the campground layout. Would you rather they work on the campers, or spend time talking about them?

I think there is plenty of interest in the trailers already, as can be seen by doing a search in these forums.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

hehe, yep, I think it will be more along the lines of the older homestead locations in terms of layouts.  Dirt paths, wooded, etc.  

I doubt they would have anything like a trailer park, though.  (I live in a trailer park in RL and actually is pretty much like a normal neighborhood... Streets, etc.).

I have to say it, i would dig trailer parks more than campers myself.

• Like 3

As Seba pointed out, we have already been shown the campground layout. Would you rather they work on the campers, or spend time talking about them?

I think there is plenty of interest in the trailers already, as can be seen by doing a search in these forums.

I sure they can spare 5 minutes to chat about them - it not like that gonna impact work on the project much. Even "we is still workin on them" would be a good thing to hear.

3 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

I sure they can spare 5 minutes to chat about them - it not like that gonna impact work on the project much. Even "we is still workin on them" would be a good thing to hear.

Well, people will always find something to complain about, won't they? lol

• Like 9

Maybe, which is why we needs to hear positive news and have things to talk about. If things go quiet, that when people get time to complain or be worried. Mostly, folks is very positive, but they wants to be able to fill the silence with happy chatter about the things they is looking forward to.

1 minute ago, Chronometria said:

Maybe, which is why we needs to hear positive news and have things to talk about. If things go quiet, that when people get time to complain or be worried. Mostly, folks is very positive, but they wants to be able to fill the silence with happy chatter about the things they is looking forward to.

So chatter! I just did a search on the forums for the word "camper", and plenty of people are talking about them. :)

• Like 3

I am somewhat patiently waiting for a chance to get one of the campers.  I'm kind of glad that there isn't constant hype about them here.  I'd just like it to remain low-key until after their initial release so that I might have a  better chance of getting one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Because they demand attention; it's all about what they like or dislike.

2 hours ago, Chronometria said:

The issue that you have is the warping of time in your mind. Though these projects are for objects inside SL, they are created by real people outside SL and real life does not move at the speed of Second Life; patience is a virtue. Think in Hawaiian time: It will be here when they get here, no sooner and no later.

I also will add: I am anxiously awaiting for a Trailer LL Home, myself, so I relate to your plight. Just relax, they will come. And unlike the rolling-release of current themes, @Patch Linden did say that he *will* make an announcement when the Trailers are initially released. So if you are not already, be sure to follow his announcement thread.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.