Looking For A Buyer That Would Let Me Rent The Parcel I Own

Mitchell Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This post may sound confusing, but I'll try to explain it as best as I could.  I currently own a 2016 sq meter roadside parcel on the Jeogeot continent.  However with the recent price increase on premium membership and other factors, I need to cut my expenses.  I am looking to cancel my premium membership.  The property contains a restaurant on it.  I really don't want to have to close the restaurant down or even move it in that matter, but I will do either of those as a last resort.  Therefore, I am looking for someone who would want to own the parcel of land.  My maximum payment is 500L$ per week for the property.  If anyone is interested in owning the property and allowing me to pay up to 500 per week or less, please contact me in world.  You can click on the link to view the property.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Madhupak/128/89/60

Edited by Mitchell Indigo

i might calculate wrong, but your land size falls in the  13 usd tier rate if your wanted supporter has to add the level for you.(ánd he has the premium cost at (for easy caltculating) 10 usd monthly).. and you offer to rent it for appr 8 usd .. ánd you run a public venue on it ( don't know it's commercial).
For yourself, if premium it will only be the 1024 tier level at 7 usd, together with the premium stipend i think you'r still better off with owning it yourself without renting. Also take in consideration your, to be, landlord can change his mind at any moment and leave you with nothing.

Perhaps a idea to make a group and ask some friends to donate some tier to it?

• Like 2

I'm on the 1024 tier level where I get an extra 1024 bonus with it.  I took that extra bonus land and combined it with the property.  The person who was going to buy it from me mentioned that he would charge me 499 per week for the parcel and since then I've found other parcels much larger that would cost me almost 300 more a week.  That is another direction I'm possibly going to go towards if I don't find a buyer for the property.  I also have a donation thermometer out for those who wish to donate.

2 hours ago, Mitchell Indigo said:

I'm on the 1024 tier level where I get an extra 1024 bonus with it.  I took that extra bonus land and combined it with the property.  The person who was going to buy it from me mentioned that he would charge me 499 per week for the parcel and since then I've found other parcels much larger that would cost me almost 300 more a week.

500 is very low for 2016 m2 but it is doable if you can find somebody who happens to have tier they dont have any other use for anyway.

Another option you have, is to start a group, deed the parcel to it and find people who are willing to donate some tier to the group for a few Lindens. That way you keep full control of the land, you can split the tier between several small donors if you can't find one big one and if a donor decides to pull out of the deal, you get a week to find a new one.

With the group bonus, you only need 1833 m2 of tier and assuming your premium membership doesn't expire too soon, you only need to find donors for 809 m2 right away - the rest can wait until shortly before your premium expires. Offer 1 L$ for each 4 m2 tier and you only have to pay 203 L$/week at the beginning and 459 when your own premium tier expires. I'd be more than happy to use my own unused tier that way but I only have a bout a 130 m2 to spare so it probably wouldn't help very much.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 6:16 PM, Mitchell Indigo said:

Update:

I did find a parcel that was a little larger than the one I owned which I sold by the way.  And the price I pay for my new land is about 30L$ less than what I would have been paying if this one person I was talking to would have bought the parcel I was trying to sell.

You can always call me about a prospect like that, I might be able to take cash rent or a tier contribution, I give $450/wk credit for 1024 m contribution. 

Wow, now we have sale and leaseback arrangements on SL. Just like RL.

(Silicon Graphics did a deal like that with Goldman Sachs for what is now the Google campus. It worked out very badly for SGI, which was desperate for cash at the time.)

1 hour ago, animats said:

Wow, now we have sale and leaseback arrangements on SL. Just like RL.

mainland landlords have been doing this since many years.  Prokofy is probably the now longest serving mainland landlord providing a full spectrum service

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.