Photo Contest in Pirates Destiny RP Region

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

POLLY WANT A PICTURE? 

Calling all adventurous photogs and artists! Grab your eyepatch, tri-corner hat, and swagger.

Make and enter your images of the beloved 1700s RP region--Pirate's Destiny. Be you scalawag or xaptain, all are welcome to compete for a booty of treasure and fame. 

WHEN: 
Contest opens Aug. 1, submit your photos through noon SLT, Sept. 1, 2019.
Winners announced on Thursday, Sept. 19, International Talk Like a Pirate Day, arrrgh!
Find the region's landing point and contest board in the Roost on Nassau. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nassau 1700/133/137/4001

SUBJECT: Make an image that tells the story of one of these four sims. Filters, photoshop, windlight, all welcome.

• Nassau􀀅
  • Pirate's Harbor􀀄
  • Barbados􀀂
  • Montserrat􀀃

GALLERY EXHIBIT:
Entries will be exhibited at Ye Ole Fool 'n Flower Tavern on Nassau from Sept. 3 through the announcement of winners, which will happen at an open house and  party on Thursday, Sept. 19 from noon to 7pm SLT.

PRIZES

• Winner of each of the 4 island categories will receive their choice of a pirate sword or a mid-sized sloop. 
  • The Grand Prize winner receives in addition to both a sword and sloop, a commissioned flintlock, two weeks vacation (rent) on Nassau and a larder full of food and drink, 

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:

•  You many enter one image each of Nassau, Pirate's Harbor, Barbados, and Montserrat for a maximum of four images entered
  • Please make your images C/M/T
  • Please name each of your images with your avatar name: island name, for instance, "Annie Octavia: Barbados"
  • Please send to me, Annie Octavia in world. secondlife:///app/agent/8288932d-0236-48ef-bb02-4dc51031a385/about     -I will send a note of receipt to you, so if you don't hear from me in a day or so, kick me in IM!
  • Entrants will receive an invitation to the gallery exhibit, and the schedule of festivities on awards day.

FINE PRINT
1. Decision of judges is final
2. Filters, windlight settings, post-processing, all creativity encouraged. Choose from panoramic beauty or scenes of island residents and activity. Selfies encouraged. Note, there are a good dozen sea battles each week which make dramatic subjects. The contiguous sea level is at 22M. There is a forest level of farms and mystical native enclaves, mines and other curiosities at 3000M.
3. Please use dimensions of 4:3
4. Winning images will be used on region profile pics and the artist's name included in the description. Non-winning images will be discarded.
5. If you like, wear the "PD artist visitor" tag included. Remember this region is living in  1719's Caribbean. so there are no bluejeans.  Or, to participate in the RP and crafting, find the PD HUD at the landing point called "the roost" by the locals.􀀁   􀀀 
6. They be pirates here, aye, but many are willing to lend a helping hand to the new as long as you are not waving a pistol in their face. Read more about the region, RP, and check the events calendar on our website: http://www.cerob.com/pd/index.asp

Hope you can participate! We have some impressive big ship battles most days that make great subjects. Feel free to IM me with any questions!  Fair winds to ye contestants!

Annie Octavia

polly-wanna-pic2.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.