Jump to content

Black Dragon viewer Poser tutorial


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I thought I would make a short(ish) video on the Poser in Black Dragon. If you like to photography yourself or make blog photos it is a really cool and useful feature. Yes pose  adjusters are available, but  they are scripted which limits the precise positioning. This is built into BD and has a finite control over movement  of  all our bento bones


 

 

Edited by Frederika Rayna
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few additional notes:

You can change your avatar's position on X Y and Z (hover height) with the Poser as well in the bottom tabs "Position" on mPelvis.

You can also double click to load poses.

You can right click to revert to the last slider value (the one before you started dragging), this works everywhere not just the Poser.

  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, NiranV Dean said:

A few additional notes:

You can change your avatar's position on X Y and Z (hover height) with the Poser as well in the bottom tabs "Position" on mPelvis.

You can also double click to load poses.

You can right click to revert to the last slider value (the one before you started dragging), this works everywhere not just the Poser.

Thanks Niran! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I just used Black Dragon for a photo for the first time yesterday, and the poser really is a game changer. The UI took a bit of time for me to get used to, but that will get better once I have time to really get in there and play around. The poser is an awesome feature!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Dragon's Poser tool is great. With the many variations of bodies and poses (that are based on certain bodies/shapes) as well as variations in sit posers and prop sizes, it's really useful in being able to tweak them to specific needs.

A note... If you would like to play with certain face or hand poses from a face/hand pose HUD while you're in the middle of a Black Dragon Poser pose, you can disable the bones for the face/fingers by selecting them in the list and clicking "Disable Selected Bones". This will give back control to the HUDs for those bones. The downside is that if you reactivate the bones, they revert back to the original start pose rather than basing from the current pose (that was adjusted from face/hand pose HUDs). Maybe I'm missing something, but it would be useful to reactivate the bone pose from the current state rather than the original state.

Edited by Kurshie Muromachi
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 8:04 PM, Kurshie Muromachi said:

Black Dragon's Poser tool is great. With the many variations of bodies and poses (that are based on certain bodies/shapes) as well as variations in sit posers and prop sizes, it's really useful in being able to tweak them to specific needs.

A note... If you would like to play with certain face or hand poses from a face/hand pose HUD while you're in the middle of a Black Dragon Poser pose, you can disable the bones for the face/fingers by selecting them in the list and clicking "Disable Selected Bones". This will give back control to the HUDs for those bones. The downside is that if you reactivate the bones, they revert back to the original start pose rather than basing from the current pose (that was adjusted from face/hand pose HUDs). Maybe I'm missing something, but it would be useful to reactivate the bone pose from the current state rather than the original state.

The reason the poser changes them back to the initial pose is because disabling the bones still keeps your positions intact (in case you disabled them accidentally) or want to use them in the next pose. This would need options... lots of options... but i'd like to keep the poser UI as simple as possible and it is already full of stuff.

Edited by NiranV Dean
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

off topic but quick question not necessarily worth a separate thread -

Is there a way to export poses out of Black Dragon and into Blender? Sometimes I make hand-held mesh things which need custom poses or animations. If I could pose with the object in Black Dragon and get the data into Blender somehow, it would cut done the amount of trial and erroring needed.

This seems a lot to ask, so I'm expecting a no, but it would be so very helpful.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

off topic but quick question not necessarily worth a separate thread -

Is there a way to export poses out of Black Dragon and into Blender? Sometimes I make hand-held mesh things which need custom poses or animations. If I could pose with the object in Black Dragon and get the data into Blender somehow, it would cut done the amount of trial and erroring needed.

This seems a lot to ask, so I'm expecting a no, but it would be so very helpful.

Sadly not. Exporter is in the works (not by me though, not officially at least since i never planned to add an exporter, though i've made tiny baby steps) by Linden Labs

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 5:25 PM, faith Jolifaunt said:

BD is amazing! Following this in case there's any news about exporting poses. I would so love if i could also pose other avis (like by asking for perms from them) - Can you imagine the photos? 

Posing others is not going to happen ever. I tried. Oz denied, even with asking permissions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...