kiramanell

Scaling avi?

On 8/14/2019 at 7:20 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

Something remotely similar is already done by a few bdsm furniture, as much as i know. When you sit on, your avatar gets wildly shaken for a few seconds and after you seem to be better aligned than before. But thats just about how you are placed on that bed/chair/device.
Doing the same with avatar animations itself would require a script whats able to alter SL animations live and on the fly, depending on the avatar shape. As much as i know, there is no way to do that.
Would could work though, is to upload 3 slightly different versions of the same animation (Its not an easy task to create one single animation, dont even want to think about multiple ones) and then a script selects the one what fits best for the given avatar height.
But still, then the clever script doesnt know how the other avatar looks like (imaging a hugging scene), and the arms of the avatar still will poke through the back of the other.

What cant be done technically, has to be fixed by roleplay :)

I've often thought...wouldn't it be best to just create couple avatar mesh bodies that are designed to fit together?  

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Edit In:  Also, if you are "floating" what you need to do is adjust your HOVER HEIGHT.  Right click on your avatar and choose APPEARANCE and then HOVER HEIGHT and moving the hover height slider to the right or left will adjust your avatar into the proper height for standing/sitting/etc.  Is this what you are talking about by floating?  

Thx for your post.

No, with 'floating' I meant having to float as a result of being able to reach the kitchen counter. :) (For the anims to work correctly, like when I'm cutting vegitables or something).

On the subject of hover height, the Firestorm team keeps telling me not to adjust the height via the avi shape settings in 'Appearance.' I'm not entirely sure why actually, as it helps not having to adjust this, every time I switch avis), save to say doing so via QuickPrefs gives you a much finer granularity.

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Thx for your post.

No, with 'floating' I meant having to float as a result of being able to reach the kitchen counter. :) (For the anims to work correctly, like when I'm cutting vegitables or something).

On the subject of hover height, the Firestorm team keeps telling me not to adjust the height via the avi shape settings in 'Appearance.' I'm not entirely sure why actually, as it helps not having to adjust this, every time I switch avis), save to say doing so via QuickPrefs gives you a much finer granularity.

Okay...I thought maybe you were floating in the air because your hover height was putting your avatar too high up in the air.  

Next, I just spoke with the Firestorm team inworld and they say there is no difference between using APPEARANCE and then HOVER HEIGHT and the QUICK PREFS.  So, I wouldn't put too much thought into it like you'll be voo-doo cursed or anything lol.  They both are just tools that move your avatar into the proper height while cutting vegetable, sitting in a chair, etc...instead of having to use the x, y z menu which is pain!   

and, p.s.  Those of you who said MOST AVI'S HAVE THEIR ARMS TOO SHORT ARE CORRECT.  Arms need to be longer for animations to work better.  In rl, my arms are halfway down my leg.  I have very long arms in rl and so does my avi. 

Most avi's in SL won't have arms long enough to perform the below animation because their arms are too short.  Lengthening the arms can help a lot.  (Sorry, my avi looks goofy...it's a goof off day for me.)

Snapshot_145.png

Edited by FairreLilette