The heart wants what the heart wants

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am still learning ,,, so how do you de render , also  the camera is there anyway to fine adjust it ,,, i never goes  to the point i need to focous on when i am working on something and my lamps and shades look drunk...... from one angle they look correct and then i walk around and nope ,,, 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I am still learning ,,, so how do you de render , also  the camera is there anyway to fine adjust it ,,, i never goes  to the point i need to focous on when i am working on something and my lamps and shades look drunk...... from one angle they look correct and then i walk around and nope ,,, 

On some viewers (Firestorm, maybe others?), you can derender an object you don't want to see by right-clicking on it and clicking either "derender' (temporary) or "derender and blacklist" (permanent). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

also  the camera is there anyway to fine adjust it ,,, i never goes  to the point i need to focous on when i am working on something and my lamps and shades look drunk...... from one angle they look correct and then i walk around and nope ,,, 

A means of aligning the horizontal and vertical perspective of the camera is something I dearly wish was part of the camera controls. The ability to place and rotate the camera with precision of a regular object, basically. I'm not aware of anything close to that but would love to hear any  tricks or tools for getting good perspective alignment inworld, and not with the aid of post-processing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

also  the camera is there anyway to fine adjust it ,,, i never goes  to the point i need to focous on when i am working on something and my lamps and shades look drunk...... from one angle they look correct and then i walk around and nope ,,, 

I can usually check for visual centeredness prettily easily.  In Firestorm, I have "Limit select distance" unchecked, and "Disable camera constraints" checked, also "Allow the camera to move without constraints through prims" checked (which I don't believe are all viewer defaults).  Then I alt-left-click to center the camera on what I want to work on, and spin the camera around the point I've chosen by just using the left and right arrows.  I zoom in using the scroll wheel on my mouse.   If that's all old news to you, I do apologize :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

Thank you for all the answers ,,,, with the second life viewer at times it gets a bit of a mind of its own and i have it in the right spot and a second later  its a what happened  situation,,,  ikr....  with the advance tab and all the terms  little by little getting the hang of some of the stuff... super huge big hugs to all  HUGS HUGS HUGS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:
2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

I can usually check for visual centeredness prettily easily.  In Firestorm, I have "Limit select distance" unchecked, and "Disable camera constraints" checked, also "Allow the camera to move without constraints through prims" checked (which I don't believe are all viewer defaults).  Then I alt-left-click to center the camera on what I want to work on, and spin the camera around the point I've chosen by just using the left and right arrows.  I zoom in using the scroll wheel on my mouse.   If that's all old news to you, I do apologize :)

I post this nice graphic each time some version of this question comes up, always remembering to give credit to Chosen Few, who provided it many years ago:

f_SLcameraconm_43a804a.jpg.447df400e8f53a7f9254c484c0afb5ff.jpg

Mouse-click plus Shift/CTRL/Alt is far easier than the silly on-screen camera widget, or even the arrow keys.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So out exploring this morning, we came across a few....could they be red herrings?  The first one we spotted was on the new large 3 mile or meter island.  We noticed it on the world map and had to go in for a closer look. Where the moles leaving us clues or misleading us with more of their cleverness?  This is what we saw:

1495202595_redherring.png.71f53ac66cdf774d48cf2f647ee312dc.png

Upon closer inspection it turned out to be prim layouts for a possible waterway for a small river or stream.  Darn, foiled again by those crafty moles.  We were certain it was a clue to bigger things, like the cooling towers lower on the island.  A bit disappointed we ventured off to explore the possible new layouts where the campers/trailers might be going in, but were distracted by another red herring on the map. Another mole clue?!?  Upon closer inspection of the map we were left.....well ...totally baffled:

1495786019_whatisthis.png.32c9d3b99c539084239bb243b3ee5dca.png
What is this?!? ^

Needless to say, we were speechless and unwilling to speculate. We needed visual proof of what this might or might not be!

Closer to the location, this appeared on the mini map:

strange.png.4ec89588e74767faeab66ae6d92ddad1.png
????

So we stood before the location and this is what we discovered at ground level.

395884388_ThunderSnow.thumb.png.fac00c9919feaccfb5dc22618f560624.png
Thunder snow!?!?

Okay, yeah, there are some strange things that home owners put out.  It still does not fully explain the strange red symbol appearing on the mini map and we decided to leave it for someone else to figure out what the one eyed willy might be....
or might not be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Um... not gonna say a thing about what the Moles have wrought in the pics above but I hope they cleared the place up a bit 😛   But the rain .... I have one of Dysfunctionality's rain thingies in front of my HB where I put a water garden in... I have  a froggy ambient & that plus the rain drops hitting the water & water plants makes me feel like I'm sitting in a covered spot watching the rain while I sip my tea- which is a happy place for me.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Um... not gonna say a thing about what the Moles have wrought in the pics above 😛   But the rain .... I have one of Dysfunctionality's rain thingies in front of my HB where I put a water garden in... I have  a froggy ambient & that plus the rain drops hitting the water & water plants makes me feel like I'm sitting in a covered spot watching the rain while I sip my tea- which is a happy place for me.

Rain I like! I've seen a few here and there on Belli. That was my first time seeing thunder snow here though. ;) 

• Like 2

The red willy is named "map image" and was, apparently, put up for exactly that purpose - to show on the map. The homeowner also has their weather system going.

A few folks decided to inspect the sky stiffy, and while we.. er, they... were up there, threw a pop-up peen particle party. (Not the best d*** pic.)

09813-e99c6f73-3c9b-454e-9ba1-3d1811f810

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hendrix Portal said:

The red willy is named "map image" and was, apparently, put up for exactly that purpose - to show on the map. The homeowner also has their weather system going.

A few folks decided to inspect the sky stiffy, and while we.. er, they... were up there, threw a pop-up peen particle party. (Not the best d*** pic.)

09813-e99c6f73-3c9b-454e-9ba1-3d1811f810

So... that wasn’t Thunder Snow raining down, but some other party particles?

• Haha 3

I'm curious if this is still there or if the Moles have already nuked it out of existence because I'm pretty sure that Giant Red Sky Willies aren't allowed by the covenant. 

Though if you look very closely at certain areas of the Bellisseria map, you may well spot other... things.

download.jpg.f44ecca8285efe039a0a1496ea442417.jpg

• Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm curious if this is still there or if the Moles have already nuked it out of existence because I'm pretty sure that Giant Red Sky Willies aren't allowed by the covenant. 

Though if you look very closely at certain areas of the Bellisseria map, you may well spot other... things.

It was reported by a few, and Abnor arrived briefly. It was decided to let it go through official process for removal. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

So basically Abnor giggled and walked away? 😂😂😂

I suspect several people up there dancing were also reported, as there was some questionable chatter* about it flooding one of the groups. I just wish I could see Linden reactions to those reports. 

*may be one of the guilty party who was suitably reprimanded

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hendrix Portal said:

I suspect several people up there dancing were also reported, as there was some questionable chatter* about it flooding one of the groups. I just wish I could see Linden reactions to those reports. 

*may be one of the guilty party who was suitably reprimanded

Reprimanded and reported by who and for what? I mean, it's a giant twig. People are gonna talk. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Okaaaaay.  This thread's existence is now totally justified.  Yay!   *Walks away giggling*

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.