The heart wants what the heart wants

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

If you notice this happening..........run.

DopeyNaughtyHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif.3096565e4ea41f2df792100f96d0ca0c.gif

I am actually harboring a furtive hope that whoever rezzed the turbine will crash it down in such a way that Female Winslet is compelled to come and mitigate the disaster.  Perhaps Molly could lend her administrative clout.

You know, like they did with this terribly dangerous fire!

I like the covenant, but I like fun too.  Haven't AR'd the turbine, tho my partner's house is 3 doors away.  The turbine isn't covenant compliant due to height, but I don't personally find it that much of a visual problem. 

My take on Belli's theme is that it's a bit retro.  It feels to me more like 1970s New England than modern times. So, personally, you won't see me putting out a turbine or cell tower. 

In RL, houseboats have always been a little more prone to follies, so I'm looking forward to finding a full-on mer one soon. I was going to put out a mermaid fisherman at a houseboat I had, but decided against it due to his medieval look.  But I'd just smile if someone else did it. 

If someone makes an elven getaway using an Adams house, I'll applaud their creativity, maybe take a pic, and move on.

When I created this thread, I forgot for the moment that we have no ability to lock or delete our own threads on this forum platform.  >.<   I'm now rather regretting making it, since it does have potential to turn into the world's worst HOA meeting.  If a moderator were to lock it, I'd have no problem with that.

Tho I do appreciate your clarification on LL's thinking re: the covenant, Abnor, and for that I'm glad the thread exists.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I am actually harboring a furtive hope that whoever rezzed the turbine will crash it down in such a way that Female Winslet is compelled to come and mitigate the disaster.  Perhaps Molly could lend her administrative clout.

You know, like they did with this terribly dangerous fire!

I like the covenant, but I like fun too.  Haven't AR'd the turbine, tho my partner's house is 3 doors away.  The turbine isn't covenant compliant due to height, but I don't personally find it that much of a visual problem. 

My take on Belli's theme is that it's a bit retro.  It feels to me more like 1970s New England than modern times. So, personally, you won't see me putting out a turbine or cell tower. 

In RL, houseboats have always been a little more prone to follies, so I'm looking forward to finding a full-on mer one soon. I was going to put out a mermaid fisherman at a houseboat I had, but decided against it due to his medieval look.  But I'd just smile if someone else did it. 

If someone makes an elven getaway using an Adams house, I'll applaud their creativity, maybe take a pic, and move on.

When I created this thread, I forgot for the moment that we have no ability to lock or delete our own threads on this forum platform.  >.<   I'm now rather regretting making it, since it does have potential to turn into the world's worst HOA meeting.  If a moderator were to lock it, I'd have no problem with that.

Tho I do appreciate your clarification on LL's thinking re: the covenant, Abnor, and for that I'm glad the thread exists.

Ah I hope people will take a sense of humor in some of this. I have seen some strange oddities out and about Bellisseria, but nothing that I would fire off an AR about. I'll have to pause long enough to snap some photos next time I'm roaming about. I've seen more humorous notions that residents have put out, little Easter eggs that makes one laugh or grin.

• Like 2

Seems to me there's a fine line between being respectful of the overall theme and of your neighbours visual sensibilities… and going full retro suburbia Dolly the sheep. I happen to love the 50's (which is what Bellisseria evokes for me), but I also find it far more interesting to see the theme given a twist, or subverted entirely (not that would be likely with the covenant, and that's fair enough), or to see more contemporary details thrown into the mix. 

So to be honest, when I saw the picture in the first post, my reaction was, ooooh, a wind turbine! Cool!! I want one of those…

If ever I end up in a traditional house, I'll probably be pushing the boundaries of the covenant as far as they will go…😊  Watch this space…😜😈

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hope  this is the right place but i am guilty  ,,,,, i start to get creative  with the house boat and try to get it done in timely fashion so i can take a few pics and then remove stuff ,,,, i have done trees and mini garden on water pad so do not know if that is keeping in theme but it sure looked really pretty  ,,,, anyway  where is the covenate for the houseboats ,,,, so sorry if my going creative bothered anyone , ,,,,   i really believe second life is to be creative ,,, not just make your place look like something from a real life magazine or showroom floor ,,,, hugs 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I dunno about this one, tho.  Looks like it's definitely over 15M high, and just a tad out of theme. It may be a nice beige-gray, but still not... quite ... blending in.

1c6ec18ecf06ceb1453a9d99892cf605.jpg

I've been pretty tolerant of many things I've seen on Bellisseria, but given the height on that, I'd probably consider an AR.   

Oh, and think of the poor birds trying to fly in that area.

10 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Ah I hope people will take a sense of humor in some of this. I have seen some strange oddities out and about Bellisseria, but nothing that I would fire off an AR about. I'll have to pause long enough to snap some photos next time I'm roaming about. I've seen more humorous notions that residents have put out, little Easter eggs that makes one laugh or grin.

I AR'd a boat once.  I was attempting to sail - I sail pretty much as badly as I drive, but since most of the waters I sail on are larger than typical roads, I manage a bit better.  Any way, there is a section, along the northern edge I think, where the area between the end of the parcels and the end of the actual world is not very wide - at least considering my bad navigational skills.  Anyway there is a person there with a boat that is probably 64m long and would fit totally on his parcel if he didn't already have an LL provide Houseboat there.  Since it is not rezzed on top of the Houseboat, it thus sticks out quite far into the public waterway - a good 5-10m.  IMO, that is pushing the boundaries too far for extending something outside of your parcel, but the boat was still there a couple of weeks after my AR.  I honestly don't know if LL decided it wasn't an issue or if the person actually re-rezzed it after LL possibly sending it back.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been pretty tolerant of many things I've seen on Bellisseria, but given the height on that, I'd probably consider an AR.   

Oh, and think of the poor birds trying to fly in that area.

I AR'd a boat once.  I was attempting to sail - I sail pretty much as badly as I drive, but since most of the waters I sail on are larger than typical roads, I manage a bit better.  Any way, there is a section, along the northern edge I think, where the area between the end of the parcels and the end of the actual world is not very wide - at least considering my bad navigational skills.  Anyway there is a person there with a boat that is probably 64m long and would fit totally on his parcel if he didn't already have an LL provide Houseboat there.  Since it is not rezzed on top of the Houseboat, it thus sticks out quite far into the public waterway - a good 5-10m.  IMO, that is pushing the boundaries too far for extending something outside of your parcel, but the boat was still there a couple of weeks after my AR.  I honestly don't know if LL decided it wasn't an issue or if the person actually re-rezzed it after LL possibly sending it back.

I haven't come across that but I agree, that would be over reading and require an AR filing when its interfering with the navigation of any type of motor craft.  Though the windmill is unusual and if I spotted a traditional Dutch style, that wasn't over the height limit, that would be interesting to see.

15 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't think the question is whether or not a wind turbine belongs, but whether or not it's over the 15 meter height limit (if that's what the limit is... I'm actually not sure). 

And, yes, all humans do belong on Bellisseria, as well as all other creatures. Some of their behaviors or decor choices may not belong, but everyone is welcome. 

I worry that this thread is going to turn into a decor/taste-shaming thread. I know there are things in my region that aren't to my taste, and I'm positive there are things I have on my boat that a great many others would find questionable if not downright gaudy. I'm not going to call them out for it, and I'd hope others would have the same consideration. 

It's all fun and games until someone sees a photo of their own house on here and gets hurt.

If anyone comes and complains about your Flamingos. I'll gladly come abduct them for you!  

• Haha 2

Back when the first homes rolled out there was a great influx of people madly rezzing objects, including full bright pink trees, a radio tower well over 15m and some trees that stood taller than the Winchester and Continental builds themselves. There was a bit of complaining then too, and I was one of those who moaned. Then I de-rendered what I didn't like and life got easier.

Reporting or sending an AR is subjective to the offended or concerned party (unless it blatantly goes against the rules like adult-themed pictures on the front lawn etc). Many Residents (myself included) extend just beyond their parcel boundaries with driveways or paths or garden beds etc which pushes against the covenant too (though I think the wording has since been adapted to mention this could be allowed providing it doesn't obstruct movement and remains within theme?) And I'm loathe to mention this because I actually really love a lot of the creativity I see but what about the add-ons to homes that extend the roof height even higher? What about the flag poles and additional structures built onto the house boats that, should you compare from ground level (not water) would match the height of some of these land "obstructions" that the majority for whatever reason overlook?

Point being what one sees as pushing the rules the other may see as a blatant defiance of them. A "one man's trash is another's treasure" type deal. I know there's a big difference between a flag pole and a wind turbine, but like I said it's subjective to personal taste and tolerance. Not saying everyone should turn a blind eye, and if we don't the risk remains Bellisseria will become Mainland 2.0, but at what point do we draw a line in the sand without turning into a totalitarian regime? 

Maybe in the creator's content pack we get with our homes and boats we need a no-mod prim "ruler" that Residents can use to keep heights inside of. But that will offend someone no doubt, and there's no way to force someone to use it. The Lindens and Moles rely on commonsense which isn't commonplace so... the battle will just continue.

• Like 2

When I had a traditional I my neighbour had a passenger balloon permanently tethered above her garden. Well over 15m and it seemed it was there to draw attention to her plot rather than as a vehicle. I found it irritating, rule breaking... I don't know. I do know that I pay more attention to those builds, and builders who cleverly fit the theme but have an original twist. Much harder to do of course. However I wouldn't narrow the theme to fifties suburbia. A smaller wind turbine would work better.

• Like 1

part of the whole project was preventing getting a mess again as happened at the mainland and partially also at the old linden homes.
If the convenant gives some space that's perfect, but as some already mentioned they will seek the bounderies of the covenant.
In that case, do yourself and others a favor and move to the mainland, you don't belong on Belliseria.

• Like 4

As far as I can tell, creating a second story with a add on to a one story model wouldn’t be an issue. Haven’t seen anyone try a three story add on to one of the two story models yet. As far as in theme, I have only seen two or three marketplace listings that were questionable. At the rate people are releasing add-one, we’ll likely see more of that soon.

one issue I see cropping up now and then is related to size and this may be more related to aesthetics than the covenant. One seller has a massive 2 story add-on that is boxy. Another has released some add ons that literally stretch to the edge of the property although they are in theme.

Edited by Trinity1776

24 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

As far as I can tell, creating a second story with a add on to a one story model wouldn’t be an issue. Haven’t seen anyone try a three story add on to one of the two story models yet. As far as in theme, I have only seen two or three marketplace listings that were questionable. At the rate people are releasing add-one, we’ll likely see more of that soon.

one issue I see cropping up now and then is related to size and this may be more related to aesthetics than the covenant. One seller has a massive 2 story add-on that is boxy. Another has released some add ons that literally stretch to the edge of the property although they are in theme.

The person next door to my daughter has built a 3 story add on to the Winchester.   Just glad its not in front of her!    I'm waiting to see how far they can make 351 prims stretch.   

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Haven’t seen anyone try a three story add on to one of the two story models yet.

They're around. I know of at least 3 different models for a third story so far, but they all do stylistically fit the theme so that presents a bit of a quandary.

Personally I like the ones I've seen and I think people overlook those because they do, generally speaking, break up the sea of same-styled houses and give some sense of variety. But height is a another issue. As I said in my previous post while there is a huge difference (pun intended) between a wind turbine and third story to a house technically they're both pushing the covenant if not breaking it. It's only a matter of time until someone pushes too far and ruins it for the rest.

The Lindens and Moles rely on Residents to use commonsense which is anything but common. Trying to accommodate everyone (or as many as they can) and ensure the rules are adhered to while not being seen as strict authoritarians has to be a fine line to tread. I wouldn't like to be the one handling the ARs, that's for sure. Talk about a thankless job. :( 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN POPS UP FROM A PRIM AND STARTS TO SING  THE PHYSICAL SONG

Rose, my beautiful darling ray of sunshine, no one will ever convince me that you aren't Dolly Parton in the real world.

After all, you are BOTH treasures! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

tumblr_nd1ixqpeMr1spsj0io1_500.gif.f211f0b0ddd5afd44d31e9e7d73c7842.gif

• Like 5

I did abandon my old Linden home a couple weeks back, but still cannot get a Houseboat (or Traditional either).  How do we do that?  All I see on the drop-down is choices for Meadowbrook, Tahoe, and the other two old-types.  How do I get new-types to appear?

Edited by Shyla Starflare

1 hour ago, Shyla Starflare said:

I did abandon my old Linden home a couple weeks back, but still cannot get a Houseboat (or Traditional either).  How do we do that?  All I see on the drop-down is choices for Meadowbrook, Tahoe, and the other two old-types.  How do I get new-types to appear?

They will only show up when one becomes available --- which is not very often in the grand scheme of things.

7 hours ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

The person next door to my daughter has built a 3 story add on to the Winchester.   Just glad its not in front of her!    I'm waiting to see how far they can make 351 prims stretch.   

5 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

They're around. I know of at least 3 different models for a third story so far, but they all do stylistically fit the theme so that presents a bit of a quandary.

Personally I like the ones I've seen and I think people overlook those because they do, generally speaking, break up the sea of same-styled houses and give some sense of variety. But height is a another issue. As I said in my previous post while there is a huge difference (pun intended) between a wind turbine and third story to a house technically they're both pushing the covenant if not breaking it. It's only a matter of time until someone pushes too far and ruins it for the rest.

The Lindens and Moles rely on Residents to use commonsense which is anything but common. Trying to accommodate everyone (or as many as they can) and ensure the rules are adhered to while not being seen as strict authoritarians has to be a fine line to tread. I wouldn't like to be the one handling the ARs, that's for sure. Talk about a thankless job. :( 

I'd say if the third story fits very well with the original house then they may have a chance of keeping it even if someone does AR it. Given that the Winchester itself sits a total of 12m from the ground, there is no way a third story isn't going over the 15m height restriction.

• Like 3

I  do think  there could be more issues  with  the house boats. I have been watching a person along our row across and the build on top of the top room is very high and just from my angle it will be blocking the views and its different,,,, but it is sad that a new community and they allow sky boxes to toy with stuff that the same eye sores  on the older generation homes are now happening here.  i understand if it is for a short time  take a pic and remove it ,,, my farm animals out only a brief time for pics and back in  inventory and i  im my neighbor to let them know it was not turning into a petting zoo but for the pic and be removed shortly ,, i look out now and it saddens me ,,,i am hoping people do not do this to harass or make one move ,,,, i did a lot of house hopping  before the house boat due to the crap ,,, and nope i am not leaving this houseboat ,,,, it is a shame though,  but ,,, we all deal with discomforts and eyesores   just feeling bad for the neighbor w the house whos view is definately compromised ,,,,, and when you cross the bridge over the water way  it glares at you  ,,,,so up to the moles  in the mean time  turning the deck chairs the other way 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.