The heart wants what the heart wants

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, we all love Belli's covenant, it preserves us from 40M tall 2kx2k pics of Alice Cooper, but still ... there's something hilarious to me about the way we all will jest tip-toe across the covenant borders when suffering a compelling creative impulse.  Now, IIRC, there is no naming and shaming in LL's forums.  But ... maybe we can offer pics of covenant fails that tickle our funny bones?  Without names?

Heck, if I have time I'm about to MAKE one of these dubious things... I can't help myself ... so please, if you can't help yourself either, post it here.  Who knows, maybe LL will tire of their covenant enforcement responsibilities and let some of our less mainland-ish follies remain.

I dunno about this one, tho.  Looks like it's definitely over 15M high, and just a tad out of theme. It may be a nice beige-gray, but still not... quite ... blending in.

1c6ec18ecf06ceb1453a9d99892cf605.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The covenant is good though. The last dude I got a house for, was like," This is GREAT! Now I just have to find a giant ***** for my yard so everyone knows I live here! " As I said, the covenant is goooood,and I'm so never going back for pics,lol.

• Haha 7

I've encountered several homes neonish creamy pink Palm trees on many of my wanderings thru Belli.  Definitely attention getters.  No idea if they adhear to theme or not.  I just blacklist eyesores.  

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know about out of theme...as in RL you don't knock on your neighbors door and tell them that their yard decor needs to be remove. Everyone has their own style and I'm okay with that. I guess just blacklist it if you don't like it...or just don't look up that high xD  

4 minutes ago, Jaulistine said:

Everyone has their own style and I'm okay with that. I guess just blacklist it if you don't like it...or just don't look up that high xD  

no it is not ok, and if it's against the covenant you don't have to blacklist it, but report it. Let LL deal with the nuisance.
Your solution doesn't belong on Belliseria but the normal mainland.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no it is not ok, and if it's against the covenant you don't have to blacklist it, but report it. Let LL deal with the nuisance.

I guess it comes down to how down to earth someone is....so each to their own. I'm just a kind person who doesn't dwell on really silly things. Can't say that for most though. Plus I'm pro wind turbines. I live in a upper class area in Cali and they're all over the place. They're used to reduce the reliance on fossil fuels and create energy while wasting less. And they are found ALLLLL over coast lines, in fields, near oceans, in nice neighborhoods. So again I'm not sure how this is would be out of theme.

Edited by Jaulistine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaulistine said:

I guess it comes down to how down to earth someone is.

no it doesn't, Belliseria has a covenant, and if you disagree or don't want to keep yourself to that you don't belong there, or shouldn't accept a home and move to the mainland without covenant.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you don't belong

Again I'm not sure why it's out of theme, did they mention no wind turbines? I've yet to get a new home, so I'm unaware of what is on the not to rez list. And I think all humans belong! ❤️ 

Edited by Jaulistine
  • Like 2

I have hundred of things to do in RL, but one of the things I plan is to make an outdoor shell for the walls and use another panel texture.

Maybe @Patch Lindencan say some about the covenant and its view on that. Or @Abnor Mole?

I am not one who cover the house in pink rubber texture, I am thinking about traditional panel in same style as the default ones.

But I also have a wicked idea about Halloween themed outdoor panel in distressed wood or flaky paint. Is that in theme?

Edited by Marianne Little
added a new name
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

I have hundred of things to do in RL, but one of the things I plan is to make an outdoor shell for the walls and use another panel texture.

Maybe @Patch Lindencan say some about the covenant and its view on that.

I am not one who cover the house in pink rubber texture, I am thinking about traditional panel in same style as the default ones.

But I also have a wicked idea about Halloween themed outdoor panel in distressed wood or flaky paint. Is that in theme?

If you do a nice pretty natural siding for the Continental, with pumpkin faces on it, send my way. I can put it on the blues cafe for Halloween!  😱

UTB8k06oa_zIXKJkSafVq6yWgXXan.thumb.jpg.490ebe5987003087a87f14fcac679524.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

One place in the long Show off your Home and Garden, it is also a spooky house that's using the Gunmetal default panel, plus dead trees, dry grass and brick fence that's collapsing.

That is a safe option, and don't use up the precious LI. But so boring, if all have the same for Halloween.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe @Patch Lindencan say some about the covenant and its view on that. Or @Abnor Mole?

That actually sounds like it would be really nice. Hope to see images ...and am looking forward to Halloween decor around ....it's my favorite holiday ^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

One place in the long Show off your Home and Garden, it is also a spooky house that's using the Gunmetal default panel, plus dead trees, dry grass and brick fence that's collapsing.

That is a safe option, and don't use up the precious LI. But so boring, if all have the same for Halloween.

I think I saw that house on one of my bike rides around Bellisseria. And nah, for holidays, I'm tossing out a few 1 LI items. I'm stingy.  As for Halloween paneling, Cian is working on a scary pumpkin graffiti to put up on one wall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaulistine said:

, so I'm unaware of what is on the not to rez list. And I think all humans belong!

there is no not to rez list, residents just have to keep their builds in theme with the region, and if you won't or can't you simply shouldn't go to Belliseria to live.

And no, not all humans belong there, i would hate it my neighbours would get me as neighbour.

• Haha 2

In theme with the region...Alice Cooper is good...however, I dont believe the Covenant was put together to make us Neighbor Police. Bellisserias charm lies in that it is a community, and in every community you will find aesthetic diversity. Wind turbines and fantastically lit and colored palms are things we have all seen irl, well, I live in Fl, so not abby-normal here. @Marianne Little, I think that's a great idea, and I think everyone will love it! The holidays promise to be pretty fab in Bellisseria! 

Ps. I'll buy a garage if you make an Alice Cooper garage door cover that people can buy:D

• Haha 3

I don't think the question is whether or not a wind turbine belongs, but whether or not it's over the 15 meter height limit (if that's what the limit is... I'm actually not sure). 

And, yes, all humans do belong on Bellisseria, as well as all other creatures. Some of their behaviors or decor choices may not belong, but everyone is welcome. 

I worry that this thread is going to turn into a decor/taste-shaming thread. I know there are things in my region that aren't to my taste, and I'm positive there are things I have on my boat that a great many others would find questionable if not downright gaudy. I'm not going to call them out for it, and I'd hope others would have the same consideration. 

It's all fun and games until someone sees a photo of their own house on here and gets hurt.

• Like 12

In suburbs in the USA, it’s not unusual to find neighborhood associations that have these kind of covenants. I lived in one such neighborhood for about 15 years, And after renting property in SL I know the craziness going on with some land owners and renters. I wanted a home in Bellisseria to avoid all that mess.

• Like 1

• Moles

We went to great lengths in writing the covenant in a way to give residents the freedom to be creative and express themselves while staying within reasonable limits that help preserve the look and feel of Bellisseria that residents have come to expect. It was a lot of trying to find that balance. The 15m height was decided upon to keep resident creations at least partially obscured from view behind the trees (that is what the trees are there for really). Staying "in theme" is also important. But really the most important part of the covenant is simply that it is there. It is to get people in the mindset of thinking before they rez. The letter of the law isn't as important as the spirit if the law. We want people to ponder for a moment and ask themselves if what they are putting out might be viewed as an eyesore by their neighbors. Not because they might get reported or get in trouble for being .2m over the line... but because it's just the thoughtful thing people within a community should do. 

Do we want people going around being nosy as self appointed neighbor police? No. But if they do see something truly bothersome or questionable then yes, we do hope they will either politely say something to the neighbor (in case they aren't aware) or report it so it can be handled that way. 

As far as decorating houses for holidays, how is that NOT in theme? :)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.