Is Advertising Allowed On Your Front Lawn???

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My new across the street neighbor has a very large sign on her front lawn touting her business services. 

Actually, two of them,

Is this allowed? I suspect not. 

If not, what's the best way for me to handle it? Not looking to start drama with the person, obviously. Just don't want to look at the big sign outside.

Thanks

Edit: OMG there's actually 3. Her doorbell is a big huge square advertisement too.😕

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just found this house thanks to the owner of that house bringing up that the Lindens are "mean" in one of the chats, because they warned her to remove them I guess.

Well, she took the signs down and now one is back up.. lol.. A bunch of us told here advertising isn't allowed, but I guess she's gonna do what she's gonna do.

Edit: She edited the sign to say "Free Gratis".. it's clearly not a roleplay area, sorry.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Just found this house thanks to the owner of that house bringing up that the Lindens are "mean" in one of the chats, because they warned her to remove them I guess.

Well, she took the signs down and now one is back up.. lol.. A bunch of us told here advertising isn't allowed, but I guess she's gonna do what she's gonna do.

Seriously?

Well, guess I'll be sending another AR if it's the same person. Which stinks because she's a creator and should know better

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

OR the Moles (or someone official) sent them back and SHE put them back up.   Not only is NO ADVERTISING listed in the covenant, it is also in a forum post (for creators) in the Liden Home forum. 

See this post where it talks about NO SIGNAGE (advertising your store -- you can off course put up a "bookstore" or "cafe" sign :

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Seriously?

Well, guess I'll be sending another AR if it's the same person. Which stinks because she's a creator and should know better

If it is the same person, send another complaint. If you can't follow the rules you don't get to stay. Maybe you'll get a new neighbor who follows the covenant. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mae Omizu said:

If it is the same person, send another complaint. If you can't follow the rules you don't get to stay. Maybe you'll get a new neighbor who follows the covenant. 

Either that, or she will. I may throw the house back. One of my alts got a house in Foxbridge earlier today and I like that location a lot more (it's only a block off the ocean) and I see no need for the two house properties - let someone else get the chance for a home that doesn't have one yet.

She can be someone else's misery 😋 (sorry to whomever gets my house though)

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OR the Moles (or someone official) sent them back and SHE put them back up.   Not only is NO ADVERTISING listed in the covenant, it is also in a forum post (for creators) in the Liden Home forum. 

See this post where it talks about NO SIGNAGE (advertising your store -- you can off course put up a "bookstore" or "cafe" sign :

Yea it's not a "Hey, you're welcome to come into my house and use my photo equipment" sign LOL

I poked my head in world earlier as one of my alts, and she's hanging out in front of her house like she's just waiting for trouble to start. Funny thing about this is it isn't like that many people are walking around these neighborhoods that will even see her sign(s). I happen to walk around a lot because I'm into architecture and landscaping and I rarely see anyone else strolling except myself so it's not the most effective way to advertise your business.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
just to fix it

• Administrators

Hey folks!

If you're encountering what you believe may be in violation of the Linden Home Covenant, please feel free to file an Abuse Report and we'll take a look. Especially if it appears to be a situation where they may be putting back content that was removed. This will give my team a better idea of what's going on and notify us that it is a repeat issue.

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

1 minute ago, Kristin Linden said:

Hey folks!

If you're encountering what you believe may be in violation of the Linden Home Covenant, please feel free to file an Abuse Report and we'll take a look. Especially if it appears to be a situation where they may be putting back content that was removed. This will give my team a better idea of what's going on and notify us that it is a repeat issue.

Thanks!

Thank you Kristin! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.