Question - Oddity - House Claiming

Talia Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has this happen to anyone else?  The other night my alt caught a house.   I tried to tp to it and it said I couldn't tp there.   And the parcel wasn't available.   I waited a little while and I still couldn't tp there.   Tried this name and no , it couldnt go there either.   I left the claim your house page up and went to bed.   When I woke up, it allowed me to tp there and the house was in someone elses name.   Like what the heck was all of that!     I so can't figure out what that was all about.   Has anyone else had that issue?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iBrat said:

So... You two end up on that page says Details of Nataliaa Choche's home with region, parcel name and url? In end it was not real? Man, I would chat them all day 😮

No, I guess I misunderstood your OP. I (she) ended up at the property that was supposed to be HERS but it had already been taken (have no memory by who of course). Then she went back and got another houseboat and it was actually HERS when she teleported there.   

So similar mess I guess but not exactly.  It was odd because it DID show that she had that houseboat. But evidently two folks were given it ^^.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iBrat said:

So... You two end up on that page says Details of Nataliaa Choche's home with region, parcel name and url? In end it was not real? Man, I would chat them all day 😮

yes, I don't want to share the URL because as I said it belongs to someone now.   When I looked at the sim, there was one green dot.  So I tried to convince myself it was a Linden / Mole working in fixing the sim.   It was so odd.  Like I had never seen it before or seen anyone here mention it so I thought I'd ask.       But the page had my alts name, the details, , my crazy typed parcel name and gave me the URL to go to.   And I literally couldn't tp to the entire sim.   Like no where on it.   I got on the sims across from it, but every time I tried to cross into the sim where it said I had a home, it was like there was a bubble around it and I couldn't get in    :(

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

No, I guess I misunderstood your OP. I (she) ended up at the property that was supposed to be HERS but it had already been taken (have no memory by who of course). Then she went back and got another houseboat and it was actually HERS when she teleported there.   

So similar mess I guess but not exactly.  It was odd because it DID show that she had that houseboat. But evidently two folks were given it ^^.

Chic,  kinda the same.  I couldn't go back because they were all gone by the morning, secondary to it being an abandon.  Wasn't during SL office hours.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes lol, I get yours would have said your alt's name and that it was two different cases. I get in all the presure Linden computers/machines/housegivers can get messed up, but what a downer moment it would be if you finally go past that term box and see you have a house... to not have a house...

• Like 3

My husband, Cian, experienced that in a different way.  A few weeks back, before he got a Traditional home, he was trying in vain for a houseboat.  He was doing the page watching, refreshing the page and suddenly he got a ping, a hit on a new home!  He quickly started hitting the buttons and check marks, but he made a small, grave error.  The new Linden home did not pop up on the top of his page, but was the next selection down.  So when he hit the accept and proudly tp'd off to claim his new Linden  house, the surprise and perplexed expression on his face, sent me into a fit of laughter to see him staring at one of the old Linden homes. 😲

Yeah, he had to abandon it and try again.  But it sure can give a wife a giggle-fit and smirk, as she reminds him again of the proper steps.   😂

Hear ping, check the house listing first, then proceed....etc etc etc   🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

My husband, Cian, experienced that in a different way.  A few weeks back, before he got a Traditional home, he was trying in vain for a houseboat.  He was doing the page watching, refreshing the page and suddenly he got a ping, a hit on a new home!  He quickly started hitting the buttons and check marks, but he made a small, grave error.  The new Linden home did not pop up on the top of his page, but was the next selection down.  So when he hit the accept and proudly tp'd off to claim his new Linden  house, the surprise and perplexed expression on his face, sent me into a fit of laughter to see him staring at one of the old Linden homes. 😲

Yeah, he had to abandon it and try again.  But it sure can give a wife a giggle-fit and smirk, as she reminds him again of the proper steps.   😂

Hear ping, check the house listing first, then proceed....etc etc etc   🤭

I've done that before too when I was trying to get a house when I was half sleep.   LOL    Go to it and like what, why am I here?!?!?   LOL

This was different though.  Very.  And the fact I couldn't even get on that sim at all till the next morning.   Just really, really weird.  And disappointing at the same dang time.   :(    Just odd.        

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

I've done that before too when I was trying to get a house when I was half sleep.   LOL    Go to it and like what, why am I here?!?!?   LOL

This was different though.  Very.  And the fact I couldn't even get on that sim at all till the next morning.   Just really, really weird.  And disappointing at the same dang time.   :(    Just odd.        

Sounds like you where visited by an SL ghost that was messing with you. I hope you have better luck today!  🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.