On the flip side

Hejite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

[2011/05/22 04:12]  xxxxxx Resident: Sorry just a bit busy right now
 [2011/05/22 04:12]  yyyyyy: If you ever want to visit, let me know.  =^.^=
 [2011/05/22 04:12]  xxxxxx Resident: sweet... Sure, look forward to it
 [2011/05/22 04:12]  yyyyyy: Okay!  *Hugs*

I (xxxxx, just removed names) was going through some of my old logs (too much time to kill!), remembering old friends here, my first avi when SL was new and exciting.  She helped me massively when I was new in SL, we were rp'ers and enjoyed our time together and often hung out.  I remember she had made her first home, and was excited to show it off.  I think I got 'too busy' for her in SL, having a wild ol time, and neglected the friendship after that.  That was our final exchange after many months of IM's.  I didn't ghost her, she would have likely gotten sick of messaging me all the time, and after a long while either one of us removed friend (forgot whom, doesn't matter).

I looked her up recently, and see that's she's one of the few who still use the avi I knew then very recently, and saw this in her pick:

Some people are easy to forget.  For some people, it is easy for them to forget.  Days, months and years with a person can be neatly wrapped up and tucked away without a second thought.  

I am easy to forget.

I have never learned how to forget.

Each love or friend or moment lost is an open wound that does not know how to heal.

Messaged her recently, hope she remembers and forgives.  I don't mind if she doesn't acknowledge.  I'm aware I'm doing this to make myself feel better too...a sudden new remorse I suddenly acquired.

[2019/08/04 07:56]  xxxxxx: Sorry for the 8yr delay….sure Kit, I’ll visit now…finally :P
[2019/08/04 07:56]  yyyyyy: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.
[2019/08/04 07:56]  xxxxxx: Was looking at some old logs with friends when I was Jenz and new
[2019/08/04 07:56]  yyyyyy: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.
[2019/08/04 07:56]  xxxxxx: Hope you’re doing ok :)

I suppose there isn't much point to this post, I see many here who miss others after being neglected and forgotten.  I'm sure we all have done that to someone without realizing it.

I know, a point to this: Don't go through old IM's and reminisce!

• Sad 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.