Attached items disappear when teleporting

PekeNL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Lately, I've been observing attachments just vanishing from my avatar when I teleport to a different sim. I know that sometimes it takes a bit to load, but the last few days they just disappear and when I look at my saved outfit they actually appear to be detached.

Is this a issue known, or is there something wrong on my end? I tested it with several avatars to be sure, and regardless of the amount of attachments, it still happens from time to time.

1 answer to this question

It is a known issue and work is being done on it.

You can reduce the problem. Make sure all your attachments are NOT on the default right-hand attachment point. 

Ideally you'll have one item per attachment point. That is often inconvenient or impractical. But, try to keep the number of attachments stacked on any single attachment point to a minimum.

With all new attachments that I get, I check the attachment point before using it in an outfit. If the creator used the default right-hand point, I detach it and then attach it to new point that is more appropriate. I immediately detach it after setting the new point to force an update to the asset database. Then I use it in outfits.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.