Jump to content

Anyone into findom?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

   To each their own and all that, but ... Your profile says you're the owner of a sugaring venue. It might be that you're a switch, but somehow it feels as if you're not so much in it for the kink as for the money. Both forms have seen some legal controversy lately in various nations, with some arguments against them being pretty daunting, including cases of abusing mentally ill people for financial gain and it being compared to straight up prostitution.

   Findom/Sugardaddy threads pop up here all the time, and very often the OPs are very vague and it seems that being given money (or stuff) is their primary goal. Yours is no better, so don't be surprised if people choose to ridicule it.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Financial domination. Bottom pops a penny in the top, top tells bottom they're a good boy. Or that you're a bad boy, and makes you pop another penny. And sometimes the 'penny' is more like $100 a pop. Or less. Or more. Occasionally a whole lot more.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

   Financial domination. Bottom pops a penny in the top, top tells bottom they're a good boy. Or that you're a bad boy, and makes you pop another penny. And sometimes the 'penny' is more like $100 a pop. Or less. Or more. Occasionally a whole lot more.

I hadn't heard of that kink (is it considered a kink?) until today. The world is a wondrous, and often strange place. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

   From what I've heard, it's more of a fetish. More often than not, an unhealthy one, as it encourages a lack of self-confidence and self-worth; it hasn't been fully investigated yet by the psychiatric community but it appears to be that the typical submissive is a man who chose career over family and feel lost, and think that the only way that they can receive the attention and sexual stimulation is through throwing money at people. It's much the same as hiring a prostitute, but with the Internet being the Internet people have found ways to spin it completely out of control. Whilst findom largely is 'okay' within the adult entertainment industry, it has begun to be scrutinized and questioned by various people, including lawyers and lawmakers.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LittleStarDrop said:

Findom...

Fin domination? 

Fin...

Fish fins?...

Fish dominating? 

No, I really had to look up that term. I am surprised. It takes all types I guess!

Same! Oh lord I'm starting to feel old! It usually happens at least once a day here on the forums, but more often than not I'm confused by some form of abbreviation that looks like someone ended their sentence with a rather abrupt fist-smash into the keyboard. That's always possible.

When I read Findom I literally thought "Was this a misspell of femdom?" Then I had to come and check. Call it morbid curiosity. And @Orwar usually provides posts that offer food for thought so it felt like a safe bet, and the explanation was most insightful so thanks for that! 

I really don't know if I learned anything here today or just lost a few more brain cells in the process. You kids these days with all your fancy labels. Financial Domination... Why don't you just call it marriage like the rest of us and move on? (I'm kidding! Kind of?) 🤣

 

On a serious note to the OP: have you tried an in-world search through groups? I've no doubt there has to be a group out there somewhere that caters to this. There's a group for everything else?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

   To each their own and all that, but ... Your profile says you're the owner of a sugaring venue. It might be that you're a switch, but somehow it feels as if you're not so much in it for the kink as for the money. Both forms have seen some legal controversy lately in various nations, with some arguments against them being pretty daunting, including cases of abusing mentally ill people for financial gain and it being compared to straight up prostitution.

   Findom/Sugardaddy threads pop up here all the time, and very often the OPs are very vague and it seems that being given money (or stuff) is their primary goal. Yours is no better, so don't be surprised if people choose to ridicule it.

Talking about rl, not sl. Haven't been on sl in awhile and my business did not launch. The sugar daddy was an sl thing with lindens, as I wanted to be a sub in sl. I am a dominatrix irl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2019 at 2:08 AM, Bree Giffen said:

Fin Dom is a mermaid dominatrix. They use octopus tentacles to tie people up and mantis shrimp to spank them.

Suddenly that tentacle fetish or whatever it's called makes sense... actually, no I lie. I never understood it, but to each their own!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

Suddenly that tentacle fetish or whatever it's called makes sense... actually, no I lie. I never understood it, but to each their own!

I went to some sims dedicated to it to try it out, ages ago. I walked into all the plants/monsters, got surprised by a few hidden ones, let it all play out in full. 

It didn't do it for me but the people, on the rare occasion that I saw them, seemed nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, RaeLeeH said:

You kids these days with all your fancy labels. Financial Domination... Why don't you just call it marriage like the rest of us and move on? (I'm kidding! Kind of?) 

Though the end goal is the same, the victim of a marriage gets the illusion of being in control for their money. (I'm kidding too, kind off!?)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...