Safety Advisory - Pirate DJ sightings all over Bellisseria

Devin Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The only DJ I know of who regularly hosts on his houseboat in Fourze is a member of the DJ group, or I'm pretty sure he is. Since profiles are not working at the moment, I can't verify that for sure.

I just checked his profile and I don't see it listed in his groups, but on the Pirate DJ Treaty thread thingie, he's listed as one. 

As long as the party is over before I log on (and there's really very few others on my region that are ever around) it's not an issue. I only mentioned it in defense of Trinity because these house parties can interfere with other resident's experiences. 

Edit - According to Kitten, he's NOT a member of the Pirate DJs. My apologies to them. They're being very considerate of the other residents, so rock on!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I just checked his profile and I don't see it listed in his groups, but on the Pirate DJ Treaty thread thingie, he's listed as one. 

As long as the party is over before I log on (and there's really very few others on my region that are ever around) it's not an issue. I only mentioned it in defense of Trinity because these house parties can interfere with other resident's experiences. 

Edit - According to Kitten, he's NOT a member of the Pirate DJs. My apologies to them. They're being very considerate of the other residents, so rock on!

Thanks Beth appreciated xx

• Like 1

Most welcome, @Beth Macbain     The Pirate DJ official site and BellisseriaHappenings will always *always* be updated with all DJs in the collective and all DJs in the collective agree to the rules including "good neighbor rules" we've come up with as a collective. Any other place may have old or outdated information.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Thanks 1

Breaking the 4th wall for a moment :) 

The "Pirate DJs of Bellisseria" are a collective who work closely with each other (you should see our private Discord server!), and we all endeavor to bring maximum fun--with minimal impact--to the community spirit of Bellisseria. We constantly measure our impact and continually put heads together to make that impact as small as possible. One such way we're doing that--going forward--is to move all around Bellisseria a lot so that we appear in any one region infrequently.

But this collective does not contain all the DJs who operate in Bellisseria. We have no control over other indy DJs. You can always tell who the Pirate DJs are by looking for the key word "Pirate DJ" in the http://bellisseriahappenings.com calendar (also reproduced in The Bellisserian newspaper). Or by looking at our roster of member DJs over at http://piratedjsofbellisseria.com.

• Thanks 1

The party with the particles being shot all over the region was on the newspaper event list. Fortunately no more are scheduled at that location anytime soon. 

I had already spoken with the homeowner a few days earlier about the music not being limited to their property. They were polite, apologized and promised to look into it after they finished up an event they were involved with at the time. Unfortunately they forgot to look at the particle bombs, I guess.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I had already spoken with the homeowner

Good call. I am of the believe most, as in super-majority of people in SL doing events, etc., don't intend to be obtrusive in any way and sometimes a friendly word is all it takes (sometimes they may not even be ware of some things, like the example where sounds weren't set to parcel-only, etc.)

I roam around all over the place in many modes, if anyone ever IM's me about being a bother, I apologize and move on more quickly than I may have, for example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Not true. If you check both the calendar  and the *official* Piirate DJ site at http://www.piratefjsofbellisseria.com  you will see that DJ is not a member. I am trying not to name names, but you are making that difficult :D

Thanks, but Beth clarified. The person I am speaking of was indeed listed as a member in the previous Pirate DJ thread... so, not entirely "not true".

He may not currently be a member, but apparently he was at some point. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

And yes the music can be annoying but at least I know a few ways to personally mute it. Haven’t figured it out for the particle bombs and they have a far worse impact.

If you use FS, there is an option to turn off particles in Preferences. Graphics/Rendering and then it's at the bottom. It's the same idea when turning off facelights .. anyone wearing one, will not be seen by you. Hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

Yes to what Hamster said, you can also render only friends for a bit if that helps your lag. And sorry for the confusion Sylvia... posts on the forums grow stale quickly. The DJ in question was never on our website nor the calendar as a Pirate- those are, going forward, the reliable source of all info about the Pirates :)

Edited by Kitten Kaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.