Safety Advisory - Pirate DJ sightings all over Bellisseria

Devin Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

WTNT21 KNHC 212032
TCMAT1

PIRATE ACTIVITY FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER   5
BELLISSERIA NATIONAL SAFETY AGENCY GRAFF AL012019
2100 SLC MON AUG 05 2019

PIRATE DJ WATCH IN EFFECT. INTERESTS IN BELLISSERIA SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS NEFARIOUS ACTIVITY.

A DEVELOPING HIGH PLEASURE SYSTEM OVER BELLISSERIA POSES AN ONGOING THREAT OF SUDDEN AND UNPREDICTABLE PARTIES CAUSED BY PROPAGATION OF SOUND WAVES AND THE PRESENCE OF ROGUE DJS. THESE PARTY SYSTEMS ARE HIGHLY UNSTABLE AND CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE ACROSS THE REGIONS OF BELLISSERIA, AS THESE SCOFFLAWS COMMONLY KNOWN AS "THE PIRATE DJS OF BELLISSERIA" EMPLOY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY THAT ENABLES SPINNING HEAVY BEATS EVEN ON COMMON PUBLIC AREAS THAT HAVE NO ACTIVE PARCEL STREAM. THE NATIONAL SAFETY AGENCY ADVISES THAT OCCASIONAL HEAVY PIRATE ACTIVITY MIGHT OCCUR ANYWHERE IN BELLISSERIA AT ANY TIME. AUTHORITIES ARE UNABLE TO PREDICT WITH ACCURACY WHERE AND WHEN THE PIRATE DJS MIGHT STRIKE NEXT, BECAUSE THEY CONSTANTLY RAID DIFFERENT REGIONS TO AVOID DETECTABLE PATTERNS AND EVADE APPREHENSION BY AUTHORITIES. 

UNCONFIRMED REPORTS ALSO SUGGEST THAT SOME BELLISSERIA RESIDENTS ARE ACTIVELY SEEKING OUT AND HARBORING THESE PIRATE DJS WITH INTENT TO CREATE MASSIVE ASSAULTS OF SONIC ENERGY IN THEIR OWN BACKYARDS. IT IS RUMORED THAT SUCH CLANDESTINE EVENTS ATTRACT A SEEDY BOHEMIAN ELEMENT TO OUR OTHERWISE PRISTINE NEIGHBORHOODS AND MARINAS, RESULTING IN UNCONTROLLED BACCHANALIA AND WANTON DISREGARD FOR THE PUBLIC PEACE. THE NATIONAL SAFETY AGENCY REMINDS ALL CITIZENS TO AVOID ENGAGING IN SUCH LAWLESS AND UNSEEMLY COLLUSION WITH THIS DANGEROUS CRIMINAL ELEMENT.

IF YOU ENCOUNTER A SUDDEN OUTBURST OF PIRATE PARTY ACTIVITY, THE NATIONAL SAFETY AGENCY ADVISES YOU TO RUN AWAY IMMEDIATELY. HESITATION CAN RESULT IN BEING OVERWHELMED BY FEELINGS OF EUPHORIA AND A SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION KNOWN AS "PIRATE FEVER". SYMPTOMS INCLUDE INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT AND A SENSATION OF RHYTHM AND JIVE, EXCESSIVE SWEATING, AND FEELINGS OF INTENSE HAPPINESS.

UPDATE 2208 SLC MON AUG 05 2019

AN UNCONFIRMED LIAISON FROM THE PIRATE DJS HAS ADVISED THE NATIONAL SAFETY AGENCY THAT THEY MEAN NO HARM AND THAT "OUR SIMPLE GOAL IS TO HELP BELLISSERIA CITIZENS EXPERIENCE TRUE HAPPINESS". THE LIAISON FURTHER STATED THAT "IF YOUR CITIZENS EVER FEEL THAT WE ARE MAKING THEM UN-HAPPY IN SOME WAY, THEY SHOULD SEEK OUT THE PIRATE DJ LEADING THE FESTIVITIES AND ASK THEM NICELY TO SHOW MERCY. OUR DJ LEADING THAT PARTICULAR SORTIE WILL RESPECT SUCH ENTREATIES IF THEY ARE MADE POLITELY AND IN GOOD FAITH. OTHERWISE, WE SHALL SIMPLY TURN THE VOLUME UP TO ELEVEN."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

I too have been drawn into this menace. Oh sure it began innocently as I swam underwater, undetected and poked my head out of some bullrushes to witness the event. I slowly felt drawn in as I wandered onto the beach and was overcome by the feeling of dancing like noone was watching. Am I doomed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I too have been drawn into this menace. Oh sure it began innocently as I swam underwater, undetected and poked my head out of some bullrushes to witness the event. I slowly felt drawn in as I wandered onto the beach and was overcome by the feeling of dancing like noone was watching. Am I doomed?

Doooomed!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Laugh all you want, but not being able to see most textures on your property and having particle bombs flying all around isn’t all that much fun. And I’m not even right next door to where the party happened. And last week it was a music object playing all over the area, with me trying everything I could figure out to mute it on my property.

Don’t get me wrong, parties are fun, but it’s annoying to put up with all this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

Laugh all you want, but not being able to see most textures on your property and having particle bombs flying all around isn’t all that much fun. And I’m not even right next door to where the party happened. And last week it was a music object playing all over the area, with me trying everything I could figure out to mute it on my property.

Though I quote someone, my question is more general: Don't these "party events" move around each time? It's my understanding that they do. And in that case, @Trinity1776, you can complain, but there's nothing wrong with it, is there> It's once-off event. So you're inconvenienced for a short period of time then no more.

Oh, and I crashed that party, too:

Snapshot-Rothacker-20190804-1250_001

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

they should limit sounds and other sound stuff to the parcel, and not use other sound devices to shout the crap allover a region. Simply report it, and / or, tag some lindens in a post here if you invite them publicly to answer nuisances.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

@Trinity1776 

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. When it is one of the 'pirate' parties (denoted by the fact that the DJ is showing the pirate DJ group tag, and/or it is noted as such on the events calendar) then our hope is to run events where everyone can have loads of fun, but those outside are not inconvenienced. If you are experiencing anything negative, an IM to the DJ (friendly like :) ) should be enough to either get them to check the parcel settings, ask guests to tone down on the annoyances, or, in the worst cases, move the party elsewhere. 

We are a collective, so we have no 'spokesperson' as such, but the pirate dj's have all agreed to a code of conduct (honour amongst thieves) and understand that we are, at the end of the day, all neighbours :) This is also a learning process for us, so, when we slip up, please accept apologies on the understanding that we will try not to let it happen again... or someone will be walking the plank ;) 

As for other events outside of the pirate ones? As above, IM, snapshot, AR, tag lindens, in that order.

Hope to see you at one of the parties one day. We are building up such a lovely community and a bit of music and sparkle is doing so much to bring people together, I'm super proud to be a part of it!

Gaaaarrrrr!

Pirate DJ Usagi :D 

• Like 6

UPDATE 1451 SLC TUE AUG 06 2019

AN UNCONFIRMED LIAISON FROM THE PIRATE DJS HAS FURTHER ADVISED THE NATIONAL SAFETY AGENCY THAT CAPTAIN USAGI HAS HOISTED GROG WITH ALL THE CAPTAINS. WHEREBY THEY ALL DRUNKENLY AGREED TO PERSONALLY OBSERVE THAT CITIZEN PARCELS TO WHICH PIRATES HAVE LURED BY THE PROMISE OF BOOTY (SHAKING) HAVE IN TRUTH BEEN CONFIGURED TO LIMIT SOUNDS TO PARCEL. CAPTAIN USAGI ADDED THAT "ME MATEYS WILL PROBABLY REMEMBER EVEN THOUGH THEY PASSED OUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER COMING TO RAUCOUS AGREEMENT."

THE LIAISON FURTHER CONFIRMED THAT THE PIRATES' SONIC INCURSIONS DO MOVE AROUND EVERY TIME AND NO ONE REGION SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO VISITATION VERY OFTEN. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Try to keep in mind that not every DJ party in Bellisseria is done by the Pirate DJ's. That is a specific group, with a specific tag that is worn for ANY event that they do. Also something of importance to note is that IF a party happens on a private parcel ie someone's home, it is up to the parcel renter to ensure that things like sound, gestures etc do not leave the borders on their space. For those Pirate DJ's that DO have parties on their own land, this is all taken care of and left in that state all the time, in order to make sure those issues don't happen. 

This is why it's always good to send an IM and inquire about "who" needs to fix any given issues that may be happening as opposed to assuming it's one group or one individual specifically. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Though I quote someone, my question is more general: Don't these "party events" move around each time? It's my understanding that they do. And in that case, @Trinity1776, you can complain, but there's nothing wrong with it, is there> It's once-off event. So you're inconvenienced for a short period of time then no more.

No, they don't always move. One of these parties is held weekly on my region. It's usually over by the time I log in, but last week it ran long and I could barely move while on my own houseboat. 

One time, I don't care. I'm thankful the parties are held during the day when I'm typically at work. If I were to encounter it more often, though, I would have a very big problem with it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

No, they don't always move. One of these parties is held weekly on my region. It's usually over by the time I log in, but last week it ran long and I could barely move while on my own houseboat. 

One time, I don't care. I'm thankful the parties are held during the day when I'm typically at work. If I were to encounter it more often, though, I would have a very big problem with it. 

Hey Beth! Are you referring to the Pickle parties by chance? If so, just like the Fairgrounds, those are public domain type areas. So I'm not entirely sure the Pirates can specifically do anything about that in regards to restrictions etc. Perhaps the Pirates can ask that the guests do their best to reduce scripts to help with solving this issue. 

I do want to reitterate though, for anyone reading this thread, that the Pirates are not the only DJ's in Bellisseria. So I really hope that this thread doesn't fall entirely onto thier shoulders as a collective. As there are random DJ's who throw house & houseboat parties all the time as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JessycaJayne said:

Hey Beth! Are you referring to the Pickle parties by chance?

She refers to the ones held at private residences.

8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Thanks for clarifying and I agree: if it moves around then I think that's fair. If it's always at the same house then, to me, it's an abuse of resources and denies others their right to the best possible experience in their own place. Were it to happen in my region over and over then I'd speak with that home owner and if, after three "events" it continues then an AR would be justified (but only as a last resort.)

• Like 1

To be absolutely transparent: the Pirates currently have at least 7 residential spaces they play at plus the Pickles. AFAIK, we have never played the same residential space twice in a row (we have played the Pickle on weekends, but again... we take steps to reduce scripts, set all properties to sound restriction, have asked our hosts not to use shouts, etc...) & are very open to moving the parties whenever we are asked in future. We are absolutely committed to being good neighbors while providing fun to all Bellisserians. I cannot speak at all to what non Pirate parties will do.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Thanks 1

As a pirate DJ all im going to say is if you message me directly I will absolutely either move the party or ensure people arent running loads of scripts etc. We do this because we believe in a community though absolutely do not want to inconvenience. Thanks all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Nope, not a Pickle party. This is a party held weekly on one of the houseboats in the Fourze region. 

Perhaps he isn't one of the Pirate DJs, and if so, I apologize! I thought he was, but I could absolutely be wrong!

I also see that url with "come party in Fourze" getting trown weekly in the groups

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Nope, not a Pickle party. This is a party held weekly on one of the houseboats in the Fourze region. 

Perhaps he isn't one of the Pirate DJs, and if so, I apologize! I thought he was, but I could absolutely be wrong!

The only DJ I know of who regularly hosts on his houseboat in Fourze is a member of the DJ group, or I'm pretty sure he is. Since profiles are not working at the moment, I can't verify that for sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The only DJ I know of who regularly hosts on his houseboat in Fourze is a member of the DJ group, or I'm pretty sure he is. Since profiles are not working at the moment, I can't verify that for sure.

Not true. If you check both the calendar  and the *official* Piirate DJ site at http://www.piratefjsofbellisseria.com  you will see that DJ is not a member. I am trying not to name names, but you are making that difficult :D

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.