What if you woke up tomorrow, and SL had vanished?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:59 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Nothing lasts forever, and one day, SL too will close its doors (let's hope that will be many decades away!).

So, economics and finances aside, have you even considered what that such an event would mean to you personally?

Does SL play such an important role in your life that it would leave a huge hole in your life, or would it merely be a nuisance which is quickly shaken off?

Also, would you try and find a replacement for SL? Something like Sansar, Horizons, Sinewave or any such worlds, or would you get your SL-like fix by diving into one or more OpenSim grids?

Personally, I think I would try and find an OpenSim grid which will be popular amongst content creators, and where creators have found a refuge after the future closure of SL. I can't imagine wanting to be in any other type of virtual world. SL/OpenSim offers so much to creators and residents, I have not seen anything similar anywhere else.

I would be devastated if Second Life closes. I enjoyed being in Second Life. It was a great experience and I may have even learned a few things too.

My replacement for Second Life would probably be IMVU.

• Like 3

I have been here since near day one (this being my second account in SL). I have been here through many changes and some I've liked, some I have not, and others I have accepted wholeheartedly, or ignored completely. If I woke up to the day where Second Life was gone, I'd close that chapter and not seek another virtual world to live my alternate reality in. I'd read, write, watch TV, go outside, and do other RL things. I'd miss it, but I would not try to recapture it somewhere else. For me, nothing else could be better than the amazing life I've had in Second Life. Like in real life, things change, we get older, times move on, and I've accepted that in RL, so I could accept that for SL too. 

Considering I personally have been on SL for many years, on and off, for about 13 years, almost at least. I've taken my fair share of breaks, and time away from the goings on inworld, with my most recent break being, leaving when mesh was still new and crappy in most degrees, to coming back when it boomed into an awesome addition to the market, and even my conversion to it (since I fought so hard against changing my avatar). That all being said, I've experienced a great deal within this virtual world, and have loved it since I first set eyes on it, if it ever closed, or just ceased to exist, and hole would form in my heart, and I would probably seek another game to fill it. Most likely go on the OpenSim aspect, and experience what I could there.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.