Jump to content
spookygrill

What's your biggest fear?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Drowning

*animal pic*

 

What kind of radioactive, super mutant Chernobyl rat is that? 

Not, but seriously. What animals is that? I've been trying to figure it out for five minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pinkpatrol said:

What kind of radioactive, super mutant Chernobyl rat is that? 

Not, but seriously. What animals is that? I've been trying to figure it out for five minutes. 

Nutria aka Coypu. They are very aggressive and will mess you up. They are capable of killing humans. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coypu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Nutria aka Coypu. They are very aggressive and will mess you up. They are capable of killing humans. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coypu

I'm terrified of rodents. A big, aggressive rodent? If they ever reach my State I'm moving.

23 minutes ago, pinkpatrol said:

That my sleep paralysis demon will finally drag me to hell one of these nights. 

I would like to change my answer. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That SL decides to call it quits from one moment to another.

The gap in my life will be immeasurable, and I am not even exaggerating. SL is such a big part of my life that it will be extremely hard to replace that, should SL suddenly and irrevocably vanish.

Sure, there are OpenSim grids, and some of them have content which is suspiciously similar to some SL content (but they swear it's legit...) but it just won't be the same. Not even if current SL creators will find refuge on one of the OpenSim grids...

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Whether my son will be okay once I am gone.

Having lost my mom less than a year ago: no he won't. But he'll survive. I don't know if you lost your parents or not, so I might be preaching to the choir, but a death of a parent is something you never recover from, you just keep going. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, pinkpatrol said:

Having lost my mom less than a year ago: no he won't. But he'll survive. I don't know if you lost your parents or not, so I might be preaching to the choir, but a death of a parent is something you never recover from, you just keep going. 

I lost my Daddy it will be 3 years in November.  And I can be alright for days at a time, and then something like a song, or even a meal can remind me of him & I'm off bawling.  I don't want him to have the heartache and regrets with me that I had with my parents.  I sure do a good job of being my parents tho sometimes.  :(

 

& Pink, I am very sorry for the loss of your mom.  *hugs*

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I lost my Daddy it will be 3 years in November.  And I can be alright for days at a time, and then something like a song, or even a meal can remind me of him & I'm off bawling.  I don't want him to have the heartache and regrets with me that I had with my parents.  I sure do a good job of being my parents tho sometimes.  :(

 

& Pink, I am very sorry for the loss of your mom.  *hugs*

Exactly. You summed it up perfectly. There will be days, weeks even when life is good and then out of nowhere you'll feel like your lost and your suffocating. :( I'm sorry for your loss of your dad, and thank you in return. *hugs* Stay strong. 

/end sadness before I cry again 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really think of a "big fear". Smaller things, like fear of hights, or those dreadfull spider creatures. But no life or death or apocalypse kinda stuff.

 

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Non-existence.

This might come closest. Not in a fear of death kinda way, but more a regret of not being around to see what the future brings us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That the CEO will continue to deny Secondlife the investment and level of feature development that Sansar, instead, has been rewarded with for the last few years.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from a fear of drowning and a visceral dislike of large rodents (and a sense of anxious discomfort in small spaces), I don't really fear much. I plan to be around at least another 20 years and will do everything I can to stay healthy and avoid being hit by a bus, but I am not afraid of death itself.  It happens. Over the years, I have lost parents and other family and a growing number of friends.  My feeling, though, is that they are still alive as long as they are remembered.  For me, then, my own death does not provoke "fear" as much as disappointment that there will be a day when no one knows that I was ever here to make a difference.  It's a paradoxical feeling for an introvert, but there it is.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That the next generation of people won't discover the joys of creating and sharing content and worlds on computers in virtual worlds, instead the height of creative experience becoming sharing meme's on Snapchat or whatever happens to be popular in 2029.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prolonged suffering instead of a quick death is my biggest fear.  I'd like to die in my sleep.  I don't want to be kept alive and in pain.  

I've been thinking about future generations as well.  My generation was the first to have a pill for birth control and many of peers choose no kids.  The planet can hardly sustain the people it has now with jobs.  If we hadn't had the pill, the population could be double what it is.  I worry about the future also which I don't think I can do much about.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Irrational people who, after a while of arguing, get the idea that you agree with them when you've thoroughly butchered every argument they've brought forth, and take that as you fully agreeing with their every opinion ever. I'm not sure if it's a masochistic rhetorical device or if they're just that stupid. Either way, it makes me pull back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orwar said:

   Irrational people who, after a while of arguing, get the idea that you agree with them when you've thoroughly butchered every argument they've brought forth, and take that as you fully agreeing with their every opinion ever. I'm not sure if it's a masochistic rhetorical device or if they're just that stupid. Either way, it makes me pull back.

You couldn't agree with me more, Orwar.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another fear is GREED.

My generation of peers, we were mortgage poor.

Today's kids are car poor. 

Isn't there enough land on this planet? 

So, aside from prolonged suffering, it's greed, unstoppable and irrational greed.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...