Oopsie Daisy! I accidentally starting changing on a general Sim

AmarinthHozkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you were in a crowd, someone might have reported it to the land owner or abuse reported it. But if nobody saw you, the only person who could report you is yourself. If it does get reported, say you made a mistake and it won't happen again. Make sure you have a landmark to a changing room for future use (note that a fair number of moderate and adult regions will also want you to change in a non-public place, so it's good to get into the habit of moving to a changing room).

2 hours ago, AmarinthHozkins said:

Uh...I don't really know how to describe this except for the fact that I took off my top to change it in a general Sim that I didn't remember was a general Sim at the time. Will I get in trouble?

Note that you can easily change clothing without getting naked. They even used to teach classes in "changing in public" at some SL schools.  Just ADD the new clothing and THEN take off what you were wearing.   If you are changing outfits you can "Add to Current Outfit and then take off the old outfit with "Remove from Current Outfit" (at least in Firestorm).    A really handy skill to learn. 

If you get banned from the sim, you get banned. I doubt you will get in trouble with Linden Lab as they know everyone was new once AND they have lots more important things to deal with.   

49 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that you can easily change clothing without getting naked. They even used to teach classes in "changing in public" at some SL schools.  Just ADD the new clothing and THEN take off what you were wearing.   If you are changing outfits you can "Add to Current Outfit and then take off the old outfit with "Remove from Current Outfit" (at least in Firestorm).    A really handy skill to learn. 

If you get banned from the sim, you get banned. I doubt you will get in trouble with Linden Lab as they know everyone was new once AND they have lots more important things to deal with.   

Alright! I'll just start doing that. I understand that I could get banned from the sim. I was just worried because I try my hardest to not get in trouble with LL. I've had accounts in the past, but I guess I forgot to teleport to a different location.

Edited by AmarinthHozkins

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

If you were in a crowd, someone might have reported it to the land owner or abuse reported it. But if nobody saw you, the only person who could report you is yourself. If it does get reported, say you made a mistake and it won't happen again. Make sure you have a landmark to a changing room for future use (note that a fair number of moderate and adult regions will also want you to change in a non-public place, so it's good to get into the habit of moving to a changing room).

Alright!

On 8/8/2019 at 2:27 PM, Sorciaa said:

honestly, i would not worry about it at all. anyone teleporting into a busy sim sees wayyyy more, regardless of if its general or adult.

Ah, waiting for clothes to rez.  Always fun when some prude with a slow draw time starts yelling at fully clothed people for being nude on their computer lol

My main and building alt wear bikinis under just about everything these days. That way they're always covered no matter where they go or how long it takes for their clothes to arrive after them :)

There's a store called Seldom Blue (I think) that has some lovely light pink underwear for free. It's for system bodies only, but the strapless bra works very well as a modesty layer under most clothes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.